PDA

View Full Version : Laptop repair.

SSS_Hoon
8th November 2010, 08:56 PM
Just wondering where I would go to get the button on the mouse for a Sony vaio laptop. I did a search on eBay but got nowhere.

Our button is on it's way out only works every now n then.

Dont wanna get a new one.

Its no longer under warranty it is under extended warranty but thought I Could get it done without the long wait, or even repaired at all.

SSS_Hoon

poita
8th November 2010, 08:59 PM
use a bt mouse?

MAD-16V
8th November 2010, 09:00 PM
Might just be a standard microswitch ( Most of them are ) - Have you opened it up?
Is it the actual button - or is it the plastic cover over the actual switch that is damaged?

AfterBurner
8th November 2010, 10:53 PM
Might just be a standard microswitch ( Most of them are ) - Have you opened it up?
Is it the actual button - or is it the plastic cover over the actual switch that is damaged?

+1

Rip it open & i'll tell ya if i can fix/replace switch....

is it part of the K/B or seperate?

SSS_Hoon
9th November 2010, 10:29 AM
It's separate to the kb. And I'd say it's the switch under the button. The button itself has sort of sunk into the laptop on one side aswell.

I not opened it up yet just incase they can tell for warranty( if I take it that way) and the won't cover it.

SSS_Hoon

poita
9th November 2010, 10:43 AM
oh if its still under warranty just take it back to them

no use pulling it apart yourself

SSS_Hoon
9th November 2010, 10:54 AM
It's under extended warranty through the extended warranty company as it's been over 2 years so the manufacture warranty is over so now it's the extended one.

Anyone ever dealt with extended warranty from domayne?

SSS_Hoon

poita
9th November 2010, 10:55 AM
Sending you a PM dude