PDA

View Full Version : Places to see in Port Stephens???

AfterBurner
8th November 2010, 05:15 PM
On my way to Port Stephens 2moro - till Sunday...

Any ideas on what to see/do?

Taking the mrs & 2yr old daughter...

Any members got a chance to meet up maybe??

How about you Dave (keep'emrunnin)??? Gonna climb out from that rack u been hidin' under mate??? :prrr:

Aaron.

HoldenAstra
8th November 2010, 05:23 PM
I went there last year Dec, Anna Bay is great!

AfterBurner
8th November 2010, 05:31 PM
Anna Bay is great!

Sweet, will check that out...

I'll be there for a few days so wanna keep busy & see the sites etc... Maybe get away from the Mrs for a meet up is on the cards too, if anyone is from that area... LOL...

HoldenAstra
8th November 2010, 06:48 PM
You can hire a 4x4 and drive on sand at Anna Bay, I will try that next time!

btm
9th November 2010, 12:05 PM
- dolphin/whale cruises
- do a half/full day trip over to hawks nest on the ferry
- big shopping centre out at soldiers point for the missus
- shoal bay fishoes for a decent cheap meal and a beer in the sun on the balcony overlooking the bay

Keep'emRunning
9th November 2010, 07:01 PM
lol i was actually down in syd last w/end.

Can probably make it out on saturday for a few hours, the bay is only 35 mins away :) Otherwise feel free to drop around!

Newcastle foreshore is pretty good now for a stroll and lunch. Def try a dolphin cruise this time of year, heaps of whales atm. Kids will love it.

And if you wanna see the biggest shopping mall in Oz.. goto charlestown.. just opened and you'll freak out at how big it is.

AfterBurner
9th November 2010, 09:31 PM
lol i was actually down in syd last w/end.

Can probably make it out on saturday for a few hours, the bay is only 35 mins away :) Otherwise feel free to drop around!

Newcastle foreshore is pretty good now for a stroll and lunch. Def try a dolphin cruise this time of year, heaps of whales atm. Kids will love it.

And if you wanna see the biggest shopping mall in Oz.. goto charlestown.. just opened and you'll freak out at how big it is.

Do i need a satellite tracker to find the car Dave...?

I'll be up here till Sunday so all goes well we can catch up mate... Got the Veccy up here tho, not the Astra (ran like a dream the whole way up too, only used 4th 1 or 2x on the Hway when trucks slowed me down, sat on 120 most the way, hills n all...

Did i mention i ended up gettin a set of B8's from my beast?? Haven't fitted yet but lookin 4ward to it... & my clutch slippin in 3rd under boost, feel like replacing it for me?? LOL... Got the road race replacement from Courtenays so all good...

;)

AfterBurner
10th November 2010, 04:44 PM
Went over to Nelson Bay for a look around & visited Fingal beach, was going to checkout the spit there till i found out it was a 1km walk on sand, which i don't mind but with a 2yr old - no thanks...

2moro gonna cruise over to Hawks Nest as suggested by BTM for a half dayer...

Weather has just turned to shit up here, looks like a big storm commin, much like in Sydney on Monday...