PDA

View Full Version : Mini spare wheels...

NUTTTR
22nd October 2004, 01:21 AM
You know those crappy yellow things? i'm after one to fit an astra... do they exist? I know they are only for 50km/h etc etc but i'm not going to have room for a full sized spare in my car soon and looking to have something SMALLER that can fit outside the spare wheel well....
Can you get them for the astra? Can i buy one for another car and drill it? ;)
Can anyone help? :)
Thanks
Aaron

Anonymous
22nd October 2004, 05:58 PM
Try a Japanese Spares Place, Thats my only bet.
Unless ya Go to SAAB for a Space Saver Rim to suit SAAB 90 Series.
There's plenty of Space Saver Wheels around, Just gotta find them :)

Aussie GSi
25th October 2004, 03:56 PM
Hey mate,

What about one of those tyre inflator cans? It's like cement in a can. If you get a puncture, you attach this can to the tyre valve, turn it upside down, and expel the contents into the tyre. It works like putty, and inflates the tyre. Fills the gap until you are able to replace the tyre. Can get them from most automotive outlets.

Aus

NUTTTR
25th October 2004, 10:45 PM
I've thought about that, i am going to keep the spare at home and get one of those cans initially, actually, i am going to ring holden road side assist (free for first 3 years :)) and ask if i get a flat and i don't have a spare will they give me one on loan till i get my tyre fixed, if so, then it's solved!
Aaron

Anonymous
25th October 2004, 11:00 PM
call roadside assistants??!!! BRILLIANT! (Still cant get over that ad lol i love it)
lol yea do those cement in a can things really work? i tried it on a bike tire before but i though cars weighted to much for it to work on a car tyre

NUTTTR
25th October 2004, 11:32 PM
It does work, but aparantly you have to buy a new tyre as shops can't be arsed getting the stuff off the inside of the tyre (sticks like glue)... :)