PDA

View Full Version : legalities with some modifications

adam_92
5th November 2010, 02:55 AM
hey guys. as the gsi is off the road iv decided to make it my project car and try and make it as custom as possible but still road legal. iv always LOVED corsa vans (not combos) so i was wondering would it be legal to remove the rear windows on the corsa and basically weld plates in to cover up where the windows where. im basically after something that looks like this

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af251/adam_dobson/corsavan.jpg

ChrisMaz
5th November 2010, 04:56 AM
I've done a short and inconsistent google search and come up with nothing. But I'm positive if you cover the windows, it will have to be put over the pits again as its blocking visibility. (even if its the side windows) Pretty sure its almost another class of vehicle if its a "panel van"

btm
5th November 2010, 09:22 AM
someone on here did something similar to this years and years ago. i know that doesnt help much, but from memory they had to change the rego over to panel van as stated above

have a search around on here and you might find the thread

adam_92
5th November 2010, 10:45 AM
ah yeah it would probably have to be changed to a panelvan because from the regos point of view im changing its function

gmonkey
5th November 2010, 11:02 AM
Wouldn't see how painting over the windows is any different than 5% tint as of such being legal on rear windows?? Same thing theoretically 5% gives next to know visibilty at night in those windows and how often u really look through them?

It's legal to black them out completely so I'd imagine a rear seat window would be fine

gmonkey
5th November 2010, 11:03 AM
Oh but also if ur planning on making it a 2 seater then yes it'll have to go over pits as it's changing vehicle details