PDA

View Full Version : Hello OpelAus... Holden Astra 03 Sri Turbo

Moejlh
4th November 2010, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone my name is Moe and i have just joined this forum i purchased a Astra turbo off (GRJ355) a couple of weeks ago and its a great car goes very well an is great on petrol.

I have afew mods that a planned for the car in the next upcoming months including a fuel pump and a re-tune of the uni chip computer.

This is the 1st Holden i have owned and im very happy with it i recently had a Ford xr6 turbo with 440hp at the wheels on 9psi and a Wrx so i was after something different.

Anyways i just wanted to introduce myself im up for meet ups or cruises and also if anyone no's of any good tuning places that would help.
Thanks

guy 27
4th November 2010, 06:02 PM
Welcome to OA

CNBLU
4th November 2010, 06:14 PM
G'day buddy and Welcome to OA

03srit
4th November 2010, 06:41 PM
Welcome bud and enjoy the astra..

AfterBurner
4th November 2010, 07:04 PM
Gday mate & welcome...

Was wondering where it dissappeared to from CarSales.com...

chrissn89
4th November 2010, 07:47 PM
Welcome, well the astra is a nice change coming from the xr6t and WRX just one comment if your planning on doing a few more performance mods hopefully the front wheel drive doesn't let you down. Good tyres and an LSD help alot.

Moejlh
5th November 2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the welcome people...

And im getting the turbo for the car re-built next week as it has a small oil leak...
Also where can i find a Lsd for the car an how much a they worth?!

CNBLU
5th November 2010, 10:11 AM
Is it the standard turbo or a VXR turbo that you are getting re-built?

You can get a brand new VXR turbo for around $800 delivered these days

btm
5th November 2010, 10:15 AM
howdy and welcome to the site!

Moejlh
5th November 2010, 11:00 AM
Is it the standard turbo or a VXR turbo that you are getting re-built?

You can get a brand new VXR turbo for around $800 delivered these days

Hi its the standard turbo from what i know... where can i find the vxr turbo at and does it bolt straight up from the standard turbo?

PaulyJ
5th November 2010, 12:10 PM
Brand new VXR turbo you can get from Courtney in the UK. There are links somewhere on this site.
And yes it bolts straight up.
There's plenty of info on here for you to go through, especially for your turbs.
All the best

Shadow110
5th November 2010, 08:56 PM
welcome to the forums

delemonte
6th November 2010, 01:16 AM
Welcome to the site and enjoy the new car ;)

+1 for the VXR turbo btw. Grab it from Courtenay or Autovaux

metry
7th November 2010, 08:05 PM
welcome to oa mate. hope you enjoy the astra after coming off a wrx and xr6t

Moejlh
8th November 2010, 01:22 PM
Thanks guys for the welcomes..

I have just emailed Courtenay sports and hoping to hear from them soon about ordering a new turbo.

Moejlh
10th November 2010, 11:07 PM
Hey guys just an update i just got off the phone to Courtenay sports and just ordered a new vxr turbo with fitting kit and new gaskets so hopefully my car will be back on the road by late next week fingers crossed!...

CNBLU
10th November 2010, 11:09 PM
Good stuff buddy, good to hear

Moejlh
10th November 2010, 11:21 PM
Good stuff buddy, good to hear

Thanks so much and thanks heaps for your help!!

03srit
10th November 2010, 11:28 PM
Hey guys just an update i just got off the phone to Courtenay sports and just ordered a new vxr turbo with fitting kit and new gaskets so hopefully my car will be back on the road by late next week fingers crossed!...

Good job! Are you gonna be fitting the turbo yourself?

Moejlh
12th November 2010, 09:02 AM
Good job! Are you gonna be fitting the turbo yourself?

Thank you. And nah my mechanic is fitting it for me his really good with turbos, I would do it myself but just worried i would stuff something up...

03srit
12th November 2010, 11:26 AM
Same here I've got my turbo sitting in my room.. I might get a mechanic to fit just to be on the safe side..

Moejlh
22nd November 2010, 03:56 PM
Yay finally got my car back the other day its running great...

Just feels like the car in 2nd and 3r is holding back abit. Would a re-tune of the uni-chip computer fix this problem?

AfterBurner
22nd November 2010, 05:20 PM
Did u also get the smaller Banjo bolt? Otherwise known as the 'oil restrictor bolt'??

You may need a re-tune considering the turbo has slightly different characteristics...

delemonte
23rd November 2010, 11:07 AM
Just feels like the car in 2nd and 3r is holding back abit. Would a re-tune of the uni-chip computer fix this problem?

Can you elaborate a little..?

Moejlh
23rd November 2010, 01:09 PM
Did u also get the smaller Banjo bolt? Otherwise known as the 'oil restrictor bolt'??

You may need a re-tune considering the turbo has slightly different characteristics...

Hi yes i did get the Banjo Bolt. And yeh i think i might end up retuning the car.

Can you elaborate a little..?

If im in 2nd or 3rd gear and put my foot flat down on the pedal is sorta lags from about 2500rpm until about 4000 rpm then starts boosting and goes great.

SSS_Hoon
26th November 2010, 04:57 PM
could the lag be due to the vxr turbo having a larger rear wheel? does it have a larger exhaust wheel if so how much larger?

i know going from my T25 with a .64 rear almost no lag at all to my T28 with the .86 rear with a fair bit of lag, but once it starts to boost it hits hard.

SSS_Hoon

03srit
24th December 2010, 08:45 AM
Hi yes i did get the Banjo Bolt. And yeh i think i might end up retuning the car.

If im in 2nd or 3rd gear and put my foot flat down on the pedal is sorta lags from about 2500rpm until about 4000 rpm then starts boosting and goes great.

Did you end up fixing the lag/hesitation?

Whatsdoing
13th August 2014, 07:24 AM
Hi Everyone, I have just joined up to this site and have never used a Forum before so please be patient with me :-)

I just purchased a Astra 2003 Sri turbo z20let and have smoke issues.

1. Its Blue smoke
2. The exhaust tip is very black
3. The intercooler side of the turbo had a spoon full of oil in it but it has ben cleaned and not returned, Could the exhaust seal have just gone as I havnt check that side of it.
4. Could it be oil rings, Compression test is all around 175
5. Now I was thinking, Could it be the Valve stem seals?
6. The top of all the pistons are black , Also all the spark plugs are very black and a little oily aswell
7. The car seems to run and idle very well
8. engine stays very cool, Never gets close to overheating.

if anyone could help me please.

StrickenAza34
13th August 2014, 04:33 PM
Hi Everyone, I have just joined up to this site and have never used a Forum before so please be patient with me :-)

I just purchased a Astra 2003 Sri turbo z20let and have smoke issues.

1. Its Blue smoke
2. The exhaust tip is very black
3. The intercooler side of the turbo had a spoon full of oil in it but it has ben cleaned and not returned, Could the exhaust seal have just gone as I havnt check that side of it.
4. Could it be oil rings, Compression test is all around 175
5. Now I was thinking, Could it be the Valve stem seals?
6. The top of all the pistons are black , Also all the spark plugs are very black and a little oily aswell
7. The car seems to run and idle very well
8. engine stays very cool, Never gets close to overheating.

if anyone could help me please.
I think guy 27 should be able to help you, once he see's this. Good luck!