PDA

View Full Version : Going for a test drive on Thursday.......

Red AH SRI T
2nd November 2010, 07:12 PM
Well my SRI T lease finishes next month and I'm happy to payout and keep it cause its such a good car, but I have itchy feet. So I'm going to take a test drive in......

THIS:

http://www.carpictures.com/media/images/400/09JEB560003538AA.jpeg

Has anyone driven one yet? What are your thoughts?

traveltravel
2nd November 2010, 07:15 PM
sexual looking exterior, but very plain inside.
my 5c

Red AH SRI T
2nd November 2010, 07:55 PM
I agree. I'd be going for the Trohpee model that comes standard with Recaros and that lifts the interior a lot

gmonkey
2nd November 2010, 08:18 PM
I agree. I'd be going for the Trohpee model that comes standard with Recaros and that lifts the interior a lot

They're not nice recaros but.. It's $12k more for stuff that really isn't needed I'd go for the standard 250 cup one..

The recaros are half leather half black/yellow cloth which looks pretty nasty... While the renaultsport seats are just plain black and still have a good amount of support and comfyness..

Only other stuff u get is tyre pressure sensor and uprated stereo and ?interior map lights? But that's about it.. They say the suspension is different and stuff but topgear tested it and said it felt exactly the same

But yeh i'd have one too either in yellow or metallic blue or white :)

Wraith
2nd November 2010, 08:50 PM
I recently checked this thing out at the Sydney International Motor show, all I can say is if it's a MT hot hatch you want that's got it all and with a good price tag - then this is it full stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMHO GO FOR IT ;)

Check out the pics - it looks even better in real life - better than any other hot hatch I've laid eyes on so far !!!!!

http://i53.tinypic.com/30vhf6e.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/2qlz5hg.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/29uq049.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/103e5jn.jpg

Wraith
2nd November 2010, 08:59 PM
They're not nice recaros but.. It's $12k more for stuff that really isn't needed I'd go for the standard 250 cup one..

The recaros are half leather half black/yellow cloth which looks pretty nasty... While the renaultsport seats are just plain black and still have a good amount of support and comfyness..

Only other stuff u get is tyre pressure sensor and uprated stereo and ?interior map lights? But that's about it.. They say the suspension is different and stuff but topgear tested it and said it felt exactly the same

gmonkey AFAIK there's no 12k price difference anywhere in the variant/options line up...one's at around $45,600 driveaway the other is just over 50k driveaway - that's with leather (full leather) and a few other options...

The Recaros come in full cloth on the lower spec, it also has smart key keyless entry and push button start, it's interior may be a little plain, but things like the seats, dash dial cluster, info read out display are all pretty neat and up with the best of them, IMHO the interior is far better o/a than the 20-30k dearer Focus RS...

If Reno had a twin clutch for this thing I'd be lining up to buy one as we speak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have heard mention of it in some reviews coming in future - can only hope...

bornwild
2nd November 2010, 09:27 PM
It's a french tin can :p Nice(very nice at that) performance, not so nice everything else unfortunately...Renault Clio Cup much better value for money and fun at that.

Why not the Mitsubishi Evo?? Or Impreza STi?...if you're looking at turbo power.

Wraith
2nd November 2010, 09:46 PM
It's a french tin can :p Nice(very nice at that) performance, not so nice everything else unfortunately...Renault Clio Cup much better value for money and fun at that.

Why not the Mitsubishi Evo?? Or Impreza STi?...if you're looking at turbo power.

For that exact reasoning I mentioned above, ie. everything it offers/has for the price tag...

Evo, Sti, Focus RS are all around 20k or more dearer !!! and IMHO don't offer that much more car for all that extra coin and are all no where near as appealing physically compared to this ne Megane RS...that's my opinion though each to his own ;)

The part about it being French does in fact play against it on the depreciation front though...however having a decent amount of Japanese influence thrown in from Nissan and being a far better product than Reno have had in the past definitely gets it my nod, as said for 45k or less without doubt if you bargain, nothing in that price range/segment compares o/a IMO.

dutchy
2nd November 2010, 10:51 PM
The part about it being French does in fact play against it on the depreciation front though...however having a decent amount of Japanese influence thrown in from Nissan and being a far better product than Reno have had in the past definitely gets it my nod, as said for 45k or less without doubt if you bargain, nothing in that price range/segment compares o/a IMO.

One other thing about French cars, parts are hard to get !!! My wife's pug has been in an accident and after 12 weeks (waiting for 3 separate lots of parts to arrive from France) it looks like we can pick it up again tomorrow. Don't know if that is a Peugeot thing or not but her next car won't be a peugeot. Does Ren stock parts in Australia ?

bornwild
2nd November 2010, 11:02 PM
I would need to drive one to have my final opinion however just by looking at it....it's freakin ugly and so boy-racerish. The Focus RS on the other hand...that's Man-racerish :D

poita
2nd November 2010, 11:11 PM
so your saying the focus has a better interior than the megane?

among other things?

liam
2nd November 2010, 11:22 PM
I managed to get my ass in the seat of one of these bad boys at the International motor show. I have never been a Reno fan, well actually I've never liked ANY french car. This however is something very special.

The exterior is very different from previous offerings from Reno I think it looks $hit hot, its not a clone of any particular car at all. Its window line looks almost BMW X6'ish, its overall body shape almost like the astra coupe, its arse almost old shape mazda three just fatter but all up it looks really nice, has a great stance and looks fast!

Inside I thought it was really good too, it felt pretty solid and well trimmed which IMO is the best way to go, throw away all the gadgets and creative dash's and go for something simple and ensure the quality is top notch!

For $50k including ORC I think Reno have really hit the nail on the head here, the car is modern, fresh and exciting but most of all priced pretty bloody keen IMO

I found it quite funny though at the motorshow the RS500 was parked adjacent to the Megane. Ford had it dressed in the neon green while this was in that grey colour posted above.. I know what Id have drove away with given the chance.... it wouldnt have been the ford

bornwild
2nd November 2010, 11:26 PM
so your saying the focus has a better interior than the megane?

among other things?

Nope, the Focus doesn't have a particularly attractive interior...why would you care about that anyway, you want to look at the road ahead :)

Megane RS = ugly for me. The new Astra OPC however....mmmmmm :)

gmonkey
3rd November 2010, 02:02 AM
u personally have to live inside the car while driving it everyday... it has to be comfy useable and not to complicated is all ohh and no blue dashs like ford have done!

you only see the outside of the car when u walk to it or in reflections :P

ChrisMaz
3rd November 2010, 02:49 AM
u personally have to live inside the car while driving it everyday... it has to be comfy useable and not to complicated is all ohh and no blue dashs like ford have done!

you only see the outside of the car when u walk to it or in reflections :P

And more often than not its the huge grin you get when you walk out and see it parked in your driveway that makes all the difference. If you like it. Buy it.

Feelinlucky75
3rd November 2010, 06:39 AM
And more often than not its the huge grin you get when you walk out and see it parked in your driveway that makes all the difference. If you like it. Buy it.

well said

gman
3rd November 2010, 07:57 AM
Well I'm just waiting for the local dealer to have a care to drive as well.

In all likelihood this will be my next commuter car. Just trying to decide do I go new or something older.....

Hmmmmmmm......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wraith
3rd November 2010, 08:52 AM
Well I'm just waiting for the local dealer to have a care to drive as well.

In all likelihood this will be my next commuter car. Just trying to decide do I go new or something older.....

Hmmmmmmm......

I'm with you gman...as said wishing it had a twin clutch as for me MT with congested traffic on a daily basis drives me mad and I'd have a deposit on one right now as my next everyday ride :)

As for all other opinions/comments it's always a case of each to their own as cars like this one will always devide opinion, having said that I'm certain anyone in the market for a new hot hatch will definitely be impressed one way or another by this new machine :)

PaulyJ
3rd November 2010, 09:58 AM
I think its a great car. Saw a black one a few weeks ago and soiled my pants. Beautiful car, and god did it have some punch.

Wraith
3rd November 2010, 01:01 PM
I think its a great car. Saw a black one a few weeks ago and soiled my pants. Beautiful car, and god did it have some punch.

Looks, features, quality etc. etc. aside which are all pretty strong suits for this car anyway, performance and handling are 2 points no one can dispute on this car, if it was just on those 2 aspects alone it's a winner... :)

It has better handling than any other hot hatch in this class period !

In terms of performance reviews you'll find that after testing some state it would be a sub 6sec. 0-100km/h capable from stand still if equipped with a twin clutch trans or the MT had a slightly different ratio for 2nd, as you've got to grab 3rd to get to 100km/h, as is low 6's are pretty impressive and in gear acceleration is also impressive, it also has an excellent engine and exhaust note - not sure how it compares to the MPS3 but it certainly outperforms everything else in this regard in its class and price point...

Wraith
3rd November 2010, 01:12 PM
One other thing about French cars, parts are hard to get !!! My wife's pug has been in an accident and after 12 weeks (waiting for 3 separate lots of parts to arrive from France) it looks like we can pick it up again tomorrow. Don't know if that is a Peugeot thing or not but her next car won't be a peugeot. Does Ren stock parts in Australia ?

For dutchy or anyone else interested in the above concerns there's an article from carsales which talks a little about it...looks like Reno are keen to provide :)

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2010/renault/renault-here-for-the-long-haul-22384

Red AH SRI T
3rd November 2010, 08:02 PM

The difference between the 2 models is $5k. Also the Trophee Recaros are all cloth, no yellow leather on Oz models. Black leather is an option on both models. So I think $5k for Recaros, Mats, better stereo, keyless entry & start, interior & map lights, tyre pressure system and upgrade from 18's to 19's is pretty good value.

Options are: Leather $2490, Xenons $1490, Front Park Sensors $400 and Metallic Paint $800.

Thinking of going Grey Trophee with Xenons. Will let you all know how the drive goes tomorrow.

Milesy
3rd November 2010, 08:18 PM
The fact that the Renault doesn't have a DSG/DCT gearbox is a good thing! I have driven both the Golf GTi and M3 with the twin clutch gearboxes and while they are technically brilliant, they are boring and take all the fun and art out if driving. I will never buy a car with one. A real performance car has 3 pedals and driven by someone who didn't go soft and get an auto licence!

I'm sure I speak for all car enthusiasts when I say long live the manual!!!

Red AH SRI T
3rd November 2010, 08:24 PM

Let me buy you a drink!

dieselhead
3rd November 2010, 09:27 PM
A real performance car has 3 pedals and driven by someone who didn't go soft and get an auto licence!

Amen brother! :)

bornwild
3rd November 2010, 10:07 PM
Hell yes, manual4life :D

In all seriousness, as Milesy said...the DSGs/PDKs and whatnots in the newer cars take out all the fun. There is no chance to muck up nor to 'customise' your driving. You really can't learn anything with these DSGs.

I drove the GTi with a DSG and yeah it was quick but not exciting.

PaulyJ
3rd November 2010, 10:36 PM
A real performance car has 3 pedals and driven by someone who didn't go soft and get an auto licence!

Well said!:clapsmiley:

kabel
3rd November 2010, 11:10 PM
Enjoy your drive.All reports are the car is fantastic.

dieselhead
4th November 2010, 09:06 AM
It's funny, isn't it? You read all those raving reviews about a car like the RS250 and then you get to drive it. You quickly find out the journos abused all them metaphores and since there's none left for you to use, you're just speechless after that brief encounter. And then is clear as day that your poor bank account doesn't stand a chance to stay in black another minute...
My advice, stay away from the RSs if you're not ready to buy. :D

Wraith
4th November 2010, 09:22 AM
The fact that the Renault doesn't have a DSG/DCT gearbox is a good thing! I have driven both the Golf GTi and M3 with the twin clutch gearboxes and while they are technically brilliant, they are boring and take all the fun and art out if driving. I will never buy a car with one. A real performance car has 3 pedals and driven by someone who didn't go soft and get an auto licence!

Whilst I do agree manuals are great and I've always had em, I've learned to embrace this new wave of twin clutch transmissions - they can be just as much fun but in a totally different kind of way, you just need to get used to them and in terms of what matters most, ie. performance, practicality and moving forward, they are it...;) as always each to their own, me I'll enjoy both so I won't be missing out on one or the other :cornut:

Enjoy your drive.All reports are the car is fantastic.

Look forward to the test drive review/impression after today :)

It's funny, isn't it? You read all those raving reviews about a car like the RS250 and then you get to drive it. You quickly find out the journos abused all them metaphores and since there's none left for you to use, you're just speechless after that brief encounter. And then is clear as day that your poor bank account doesn't stand a chance to stay in black another minute...
My advice, stay away from the RSs if you're not ready to buy. :D

As said many times before diesel, you've got yourself one of the best in class vehicles available, so you couldn't possibly do wrong...

Red AH SRI T
4th November 2010, 02:56 PM
I just got back from my test drive.

Words can't describe how much fun it was. I was very impressed with the ride on the 19's. The AH SRI T tends to crash over bumps and potholes where the Megane just seemed to smooth them out. The power delivery was very linear and not on/off like many turbo engines can be. Very nice gear shift.
Loved the Recaro's. The Renault Sport monitor was hugely confusing and didn't seem very intuitive but I'm sure this would become easier with familiarity that ownership would bring.

So I'm looking at a Trophee in either White or Lunar Grey, keeping the 19's (you can downgrade to the Cup's 18's), with Xenons ($1490) and Front Parking sensors ($400) because sitting in the drivers seat you see the base of the windscreen and nothing else and I dont want to spend $50k plus on a car and then damage it. To get a vehicle I need to wait for a January build car so a March delivery, which I'm happy to do as all the Trophees in Oz have leather.

Got a valuation on the Astra which is an 06 with 73000km and they put $15,000 on it, i checked redbook and that seems about right but private sales are listed on carsales ranging from $18K to $22K so i dont know whether I'll trade in now or sell privately.

So now I just have to get my partner to drive the car on Saturday and then I'm pretty sure I'll place a deposit.

Grey: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/slideshow/renault_megane_250/renault_megane_250_21.jpg

White: http://img.turbo.fr/02546418-photo-renault-megane-3-rs-2-0-t-250-ch-version-cup.jpg

kabel
4th November 2010, 03:24 PM
Both nice.
Grey looks the goods though.

btm
4th November 2010, 03:28 PM
grey gets my vote

dieselhead
4th November 2010, 03:36 PM
Agree, the grey one is the best looking.
Welcome to the RenaultSport club :) (make sure you check the forum!)

PaulyJ
4th November 2010, 03:57 PM
Grey out of the 2, but I think black looks the biz

Red AH SRI T
4th November 2010, 04:08 PM
Grey out of the 2, but I think black looks the biz

My AH CDX was black and I would never own another black car. I have red now so want a change. Dont mind the blue but having a blue car with yellow seat belts is not a good idea. Only Grandma's buy silver cars. And the yellow is too showy and will date quickly.

PaulyJ
4th November 2010, 04:17 PM
Fair enough. Either way its a hot car, so all the best with it!

Wraith
4th November 2010, 05:31 PM
I just got back from my test drive.

Words can't describe how much fun it was. I was very impressed with the ride on the 19's. The AH SRI T tends to crash over bumps and potholes where the Megane just seemed to smooth them out. The power delivery was very linear and not on/off like many turbo engines can be. Very nice gear shift.
Loved the Recaro's. The Renault Sport monitor was hugely confusing and didn't seem very intuitive but I'm sure this would become easier with familiarity that ownership would bring.

So I'm looking at a Trophee in either White or Lunar Grey, keeping the 19's (you can downgrade to the Cup's 18's), with Xenons ($1490) and Front Parking sensors ($400) because sitting in the drivers seat you see the base of the windscreen and nothing else and I dont want to spend $50k plus on a car and then damage it. To get a vehicle I need to wait for a January build car so a March delivery, which I'm happy to do as all the Trophees in Oz have leather.

Got a valuation on the Astra which is an 06 with 73000km and they put $15,000 on it, i checked redbook and that seems about right but private sales are listed on carsales ranging from $18K to $22K so i dont know whether I'll trade in now or sell privately.

So now I just have to get my partner to drive the car on Saturday and then I'm pretty sure I'll place a deposit.

Grey: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/slideshow/renault_megane_250/renault_megane_250_21.jpg

White: http://img.turbo.fr/02546418-photo-renault-megane-3-rs-2-0-t-250-ch-version-cup.jpg

Awesome, well done :)

Regarding colour I wouldn't know which way to go, I was always set on the white for this car but after seeing it in the metal I was astounded how good it looked in Luna grey...all the best with which ever colour as it looks good in all of them ! ;)

Only thing to point out above is that the top spec variant regardless of colour choice will have black fronts and the basic spec grey fronts - as per the pic of the white RS250 above, personally I prefer the grey front as both variants will have the grey rear, but I suppose you could get it repainted either way...

Enjoy your long sleepless nights over the next few months :p

dieselhead
4th November 2010, 05:36 PM
I reckon is the other way aroound, the Trophee gets grey accents, not black. At least thaat's the case for the Clio.

ChrisMaz
4th November 2010, 05:44 PM
Only Grandma's buy silver cars.

Ouch...!

I think the silver as well. The white with the grey accents just doesn't look right on the front bar. Looks like you've bodged on another bar and not painted it :p

gmonkey
4th November 2010, 05:50 PM
White and get the front sprayed white aswell later down the line :p

The trophee get grey mirrors and rear diffuser an chrome door handles while the cup get satin black mirrors and diffuser and colour coded handles.. Personally I think black looks better on the white but grey is better the grey :p

Still think yellow looks the best and seatbelts/tachometer match :p what's the metallic blue like in the metal in pictures looks ok

Red AH SRI T
4th November 2010, 06:11 PM
I havent seen the blue in the flesh. I guess it would be interesting to see, but the Blue exterior with yellow seat belts puts me off.

In regards to the bumper trim and mirror caps colour its a bit strange.

All Cups have Gloss Black trims. All Trophees have Grey trims except for the Black & Lunar Grey Trophees which have Gloss Black trims. Confused? So am i :s

kabel
4th November 2010, 07:53 PM
Either way when you do pick it up please post another review and some more photos !
I really like the look of the car but will be hanging onto my VXR for a while yet and possibly be replacing her car with a new VXR if Opel decide to grace our shores in the next few years !

dieselhead
4th November 2010, 08:41 PM
You want photos? Here you go! (http://ausautoindex.com.au/news/?p=23983)

Check this version out: 270 kW (360bhp) and 390 Nm of torque is unleashed in a car weighing just 980 kilograms.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/IMG_6638.jpg

metry
4th November 2010, 10:08 PM

Check this version out: 270 kW (360bhp) and 390 Nm of torque is unleashed in a car weighing just 980 kilograms.

get that one instead :P

kabel
5th November 2010, 12:25 AM

Seen the Trophy cars before.Not quite road legal I would say !

Wraith
5th November 2010, 08:42 AM
That Megane above was also on display at the Sydney motor show next to the Lunagrey one I took pics of...

The yellow RS250 looks good in pics and I'm sure will look even better in the flesh, but I don't think too many people could live with that colour for too long...

For those wanting a more stand out colour, I'd suggest red, it too looks hot but AFAIK I don't think it'll be available for the Aust. market ??

Red AH SRI T
5th November 2010, 09:07 AM
red is available for oz

gman
5th November 2010, 09:18 AM
Red is definitely available in Oz...

Wraith
5th November 2010, 12:34 PM
red is available for oz

Red is definitely available in Oz...

Awesome, another colour to think about/consider for those wanting an RS250 :)

Neeko
5th November 2010, 01:10 PM
what a hot car, love its looks

Red AH SRI T
6th November 2010, 08:40 PM
So about an hour ago I placed an order on a Grey Trophee with optional Xenons, Front Parking Sensors and Front Window Tint (Comes with privacy glass). Car will be built Jan 2011, arriving on Oz March 2011, so I should get it March/April 2011.

*SCREAMS*

I still dont know what to do with the AH SRI T. Its been such a faultless car and I love it sooooo much, so I think i might keep it for a while and see how things go.

dieselhead
6th November 2010, 10:35 PM
Seen a grey one today at the Main North Renault dealer, grey Trophee with leather and xenons, $56k drive away. Fantastic street presence IMHO, it looks so much better and way more menacing than anything coming from VW. Only one tenth slower than a Golf R in TGs recent hot hatch shootout despite having 15 kW less and being FWD. However, take the time to see Stig's laps videos for the R and the 250 and tell me where was he busier trying to keep the car on the track ;) I am yet to see the R beating the 250 on a track on fastestlaps.com (http://www.fastestlaps.com/comparisons/_Renault_Megane_coup_III_RS_cup-vs-_Volkswagen_Golf_R.html), too. So much about AWD superiority, ha?

Here it is next to my 200

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_eBNN6aOqjCk/TNU6smVL8QI/AAAAAAAAEa4/LFGt6szKeU4/s640/IMAG0064.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_eBNN6aOqjCk/TNU6ytEGrbI/AAAAAAAAEa8/JUqNXpm355A/s640/IMAG0065.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_eBNN6aOqjCk/TNU62TjtVGI/AAAAAAAAEbA/2bletuNAJP4/s640/IMAG0066.jpg

kabel
6th November 2010, 10:37 PM
They both look volumptous :-)

Wraith
8th November 2010, 08:46 AM
Seen a grey one today at the Main North Renault dealer, grey Trophee with leather and xenons, $56k drive away. Fantastic street presence IMHO, it looks so much better and way more menacing than anything coming from VW. Only one tenth slower than a Golf R in TGs recent hot hatch shootout despite having 15 kW less and being FWD. However, take the time to see Stig's laps videos for the R and the 250 and tell me where was he busier trying to keep the car on the track ;) I am yet to see the R beating the 250 on a track on fastestlaps.com (http://www.fastestlaps.com/comparisons/_Renault_Megane_coup_III_RS_cup-vs-_Volkswagen_Golf_R.html), too. So much about AWD superiority, ha?

Here it is next to my 200

It is an awesome car and performance as you say isn't too far behind much more powerful and expensive hot hatches and it will out handle all of them too :)

I'm just a bit concerned about the price you've listed up there, 56k ??

I thought the top variant drive away price was 'around' $50,600...what's the extra 6k odd for ??

dieselhead
8th November 2010, 09:16 AM
The extra is for metal paint, leather Recaros ($2k) and xenons.

Red AH SRI T
3rd February 2011, 11:38 AM
Well I just received the VIN for my new beast. Just have to wait for it to be shipped here now!

Neeko
3rd February 2011, 11:53 AM
Don't worry time will fly!

Wraith
3rd February 2011, 01:37 PM
Well I just received the VIN for my new beast. Just have to wait for it to be shipped here now!

Excellent...Congrats again :thumbs:

tomtom
3rd February 2011, 03:17 PM
congrats mate! I've been dabbling with the idea of the rs250 myself... just waiting for some time to drop in and have a look! Keep us posted!

Red AH SRI T
3rd February 2011, 05:32 PM
congrats mate! I've been dabbling with the idea of the rs250 myself... just waiting for some time to drop in and have a look! Keep us posted!

If you want to have a look at one pop out and see Kevin & Joey at Peter Warrens at Warick Farm, tell them Kurt sent you and they will look after you ;-)

Red AH SRI T
8th March 2011, 08:10 PM
I finally pick it up tomorrow! YAY!

PS88
8th March 2011, 09:03 PM
Congratz

kabel
8th March 2011, 10:27 PM
Good luck...Viva La France !
Please keep us updated your ownership experiences.I walked past the Renault dealer today on my way to by bike parts,they had one in the service bay....they do look good !

chrissn89
8th March 2011, 10:30 PM
Thats very awesome so jealous, like Kabel said please keep us updated. Enjoy the first drive, after the run in period.

btm
9th March 2011, 09:33 AM
Win!

gman
9th March 2011, 10:26 AM
Mate the RS250 is an awesome car. Congrats!!!!

As said post pics when you can and some details of how you like it.

I test drove one and absolutely LOVED it!!! :D

Red AH SRI T
10th March 2011, 04:38 PM
Well I have to say I'M IN LOVE!!

Took it down to work (Sutherland) this morning to get X Pack put on (Paint, fabric and dash protection), so I decided to go for a run through the National Park.
JESUS! This thing sticks to the road like sh!t to a blanket. I used to think I could get through there pretty quick in the SRiT but boy does this thing corner. At one stage I glanced down at my speedo and realised I better back off because if MR Plod came the other way I would be a goner!
The Astra required you to work it quite hard and needed alot of effort, but this is just so easy and begs for more (which I was happy to give). This really feels like cornering for dummies! I love that the more you push it the more it rewards you. Everything from the throttle feel to the way it corners and the beautiful steering have simply blown me away.
I'm equally impressed by the ride. Where the Astra would start crashing across rough surfaces, the Megane is much more compliant.
I'm still coming to terms with the way some interior controls work as they are not as immediately intuitive as in say a Golf. And the rearward vision isn't great, although I'm used to this from the Astra.

I must say, this isn't a car for shy retiring types. So many people stop and stare, or give thumbs up ect. Amazing. (Kinda glad I didn't get yellow, otherwise it would be waaay worse LOL)

Right now I'm off to remove the dealer sticker from the back window and replace it with the OzRenaultSport one

WOOOHOO!

Red AH SRI T
10th March 2011, 05:01 PM
Now some pics ;-)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/ozastra/Sydney-20110309-00002.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/ozastra/Sydney-20110309-00001.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/ozastra/Sydney-20110309-00004.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/ozastra/IMG-20110310-00005.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/ozastra/IMG-20110310-00006.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/ozastra/IMG-20110310-00007.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/ozastra/IMG-20110310-00008.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/ozastra/IMG-20110310-00009.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/ozastra/IMG-20110310-00010.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/ozastra/IMG-20110310-00011.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/ozastra/IMG-20110310-00012.jpg

sooty
10th March 2011, 05:09 PM
Looks awesome, but that rear number plate setup definitely needs looking into :thumbs:

Red AH SRI T
10th March 2011, 06:16 PM
Looks awesome, but that rear number plate setup definitely needs looking into :thumbs:

Apparently thats how all new MY11 Renaults will be coming. The dealer said it was to make the plate visible for euro speed cameras. I tried taking it off today but it uses these stupid screws (not hex screws or torque screws), so I have to go back to the dealership to have it removed and I'll just drill it straight into the bumper

PS88
10th March 2011, 07:57 PM
Drools

poita
10th March 2011, 08:04 PM
wow very very nice

kabel
10th March 2011, 09:46 PM
Looks Superbular !
Great in that colour,would like one in white also. :thumbs:

Shadow110
10th March 2011, 10:30 PM
love the ferrari style rev counter!!!

Wraith
11th March 2011, 01:12 PM
Fantastic - Congratulations once again and again :cornut:

I've been a fan from the start on this car and that colour you've picked is also my fav for it too :)

It'll be interesting to see how well or not this car stacks up to the upcoming AJ VXR, as I'm very keen on that car too :)

DirtyHarry
11th March 2011, 02:45 PM
very nice car. congrats. personally i dont like those wheels/rims...they dont quite complement the shape of the car.

tomtom
11th March 2011, 06:09 PM
congrats! Awesome :)

Ice
11th March 2011, 07:26 PM
Very schik looking car mate, I like it alot. Sounds like your enjoying it.....drive safe :)

Sent from my Handy

Wraith
12th March 2011, 09:57 AM
very nice car. congrats. personally i dont like those wheels/rims...they dont quite complement the shape of the car.

Easily fixed :)