PDA

View Full Version : Apple to buy Sony

poita
28th October 2010, 10:44 AM
ummm WTF!

this would create and epicly huge company.

Anyone for an Apple Bravia? or an Apple Alpha SLR?

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/10/26/rumormill-apple-to-buy-sony/

Google 'Apple to buy sony' heaps of talk about it

guy 27
28th October 2010, 10:51 AM
doubt it will happen but if it does it will be unreal.

gmonkey
28th October 2010, 10:58 AM
Seriously doubt it!!!

But if it does shit! The only phones I found reliable (Sony Ericsson) will now be app filing central wanker phones :(

gman
28th October 2010, 11:06 AM
Japanese govt will likely try and stop any sale.

Apple would prob want the music and film business, that being said there would be cross over in tech and hardware.

Personally, I hope it doesn't eventuate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btm
28th October 2010, 11:41 AM
wow really... would be interesting

Jerram
28th October 2010, 11:43 AM
At least it might help the quality control of many Sony products

gmonkey
28th October 2010, 12:00 PM

I was thinking other way around as of late... Apple quality has been let's say shithouse.. iPods, iPhones, iMac, Ishit.. All been glitchy as he'll in recent years back in the day apples used to be the best for reliabilty in computers.. But now days I know a Sony mp3 Walkman will last longer than an iPod (also the battery is replacable!) a Sony ericsson phone will last and work as a phone better than an iPhone will (i still have a Sony ericsson t610 as my back up phone for when my iPhone3gs breaks [which it does, frequently]. And I'm going to say it and I fear I maybe bending the truth a bit windows 7 based computing > iBook/iMac oh and also regular shit is always better than ishit

gmonkey
28th October 2010, 12:05 PM
Oh also don't get my wrong I do like my iPhone but reliabilty is not a selling point for it.. :p

Oh forgot to mention.. Ipad FAIL dunno if it's reliable or not frankly I don't care cause the device is just pretty much a iPhone with a big screen that's not portable really and also doesn't have any phone functions.. Oh and costs the same as a small island

HoldenAstra
28th October 2010, 12:06 PM
kidding???
SONY, IT'S HUGE!

Vectracious
28th October 2010, 12:46 PM
great - everyone buy a VAIO or Bravia before Stevie Jobs gets his hands on them and de-specc's them, only to the re-release them with "new" features that were old 5 years ago.

Nurb608
28th October 2010, 01:15 PM

My house has Sony everything and not one thing has broken down. Still got my first stereo I brought when i was 18 and it still kicks ass :)

gmonkey
28th October 2010, 01:20 PM
My house has Sony everything and not one thing has broken down. Still got my first stereo I brought when i was 18 and it still kicks ass :)

Still got my cd Walkman from 12 yrs ago still works perfect! Haha

Vectracious
28th October 2010, 02:13 PM
I've still got my cassette Walkman I got for my 12th Birthday and that still works perfectly...... Dunno where the crap quality about Sony products is coming from - cousin in Greece has a 1 year old VAIO that basically gets treated like absolute sh*t - gets chucked around and left wherever - hasn't had a single problem with it...

Vectracious
28th October 2010, 02:21 PM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/Vectracious/Opelaus/applesony.jpg

Even my computer or the internets is disgusted at the prospect - when I went to look at the article, my Adobe Flash plug in crashed!!! :p

gmonkey
28th October 2010, 02:23 PM

Even my computer or the internets is disgusted at the prospect - when I went to look at the article, my Adobe Flash plug in crashed!!! :p

Apple + flash never got along ahha

poita
28th October 2010, 02:52 PM

When you going to upgrade to Windows 7 grandpa?

Vectracious
28th October 2010, 04:45 PM
When you going to upgrade to Windows 7 grandpa?

can't.... my shitty Asus doesnt have any windows 7 drivers for half the things on it - cant justify a new laptop either - this one works fine - just the case that is falling apart...

lee
28th October 2010, 06:35 PM
That'd be massive! It'd allow Apple to expand into several other technology niches if it happened

gmonkey
28th October 2010, 07:15 PM
Apple to buy lockheed Martin next...?

War would never be the same with my irifle and Igrenade not to forget everyones favourites I-BFG9000 or Inuke

poita
28th October 2010, 07:33 PM
brenton, its always a smaill 'i'

so iNuke, iRifle, iGrenade :p :p

jastra
28th October 2010, 07:53 PM
what i love about apple is how if it breaks they replace it :P its happened twice with my iphone and i cant complain cuz i have a new phone which means im not stuck with a pos phone like i have been in the past... also my mac book is amasing, way better than any windows pc/laptop ive ever used OSX is a very nice OS. and the 5 year old techonology comment posted before, apple are the first to break into the market with most technology advances to do with their products obviously.. and the ipad is not shit, it was just tareted at the wrong market, i know many business' including where i work that use they for productivity purposes and there is so much potential for them in the commercial sector however i do agree they are quite pointless for the average person...

Vectracious
28th October 2010, 09:37 PM
and the 5 year old techonology comment posted before, apple are the first to break into the market with most technology advances to do with their products obviously..

LOL - in which universe is that???? :p

poita
28th October 2010, 10:48 PM
apple use other companies existing technology, make it better, slap and 'i' in front of it.

market the shit out it, then mass produce it like a mother fuker.

no way are they the 'first' to enter the market

Ice
28th October 2010, 11:42 PM
what i love about apple is how if it breaks they replace it :P its happened twice with my iphone and i cant complain cuz i have a new phone which means im not stuck with a pos phone like i have been in the past... also my mac book is amasing, way better than any windows pc/laptop ive ever used OSX is a very nice OS. and the 5 year old techonology comment posted before, apple are the first to break into the market with most technology advances to do with their products obviously.. and the ipad is not shit, it was just tareted at the wrong market, i know many business' including where i work that use they for productivity purposes and there is so much potential for them in the commercial sector however i do agree they are quite pointless for the average person...

1: If it breaks they replace it ? if you have warranty which costs an arm and a leg on top of your already expensive purchase. Apple are the only manufacturers to not offer a 2 year warranty on their handsets and are the only ones to not offer warranty if you drop it accidentaly.
2: Apple are the first to break into the market ? BOLLOCKS ! you mean like facetime ? which they marketed and then realized its already been done 5 years ago by other carriers and then with an Iphone 4 you can only do it with wireless ! pffft what a joke. and then their is their OSX which is largely based on Linux and other code.
3: Ipads are pretty good and they are selling faster than iphones.....I think they are selling something like 4 mill a month or something stupid like that !
4: Look im a bit of an apple hater as you can tell, lol and dont get me wrong, some of their products are first class and indeed a few even ground breaking but their products are so restricted, the ipad, the iPhone, apple tv.....I mean they want to control everything you do which quite frankly shits me ! The iphone if you crack it can do everything any other phone can do but no.....they withhold it so they can make more money on a newer release, dont care what users think and crush anyone trying to fight them. gosh i could go on but better stop before my sanity gets questioned.

jastra
28th October 2010, 11:43 PM
first probably wasnt the best word :P most successful or well known? :P

jastra
28th October 2010, 11:49 PM
lol i hate apple wars :P i could tell you were an apple hater by the first line :P
dont get me wrong i dont mind windows i have used it all my life up until this year but after using OSX i dunno if ill buy another pc unless i have to lol

if you have warranty which costs an arm and a leg on top of your already expensive purchase. i agree but if your 2k laptop breaks 400 odd$ isnt bad if they give you a new one.... also warranty extends to 3 years if you pay for it the first year is free. with my iphone i bought no warranty or insurance and they still replaced it. obviously they wont do that after the one year warranty runs out but still. and i wasnt refering to face time... i think thats useless lol
and your right about the control but thats why jailbreaking was invented XD

gmonkey
29th October 2010, 02:28 AM
What they don't tell u is most companies are obliged to give u warranty beyond ur waranty period on serious faults in the product (obviously depending on the product, eg a $70 mp3 they will tell ya to fuk off pretty much but a $3k laptop or tv they are legally underrights to repair it there's been numerous cases in aus over this kinda stuff and the consumer has won everytime..)

The way I see the windows vs apple fight is.. I'd rather have the ability to use the program on my operating system sure it maybe be buggy and crash sometimes but hey atleast it will install it and be compatiable with windows :p

jastra
29th October 2010, 11:41 AM
yeh well you can use more windows files on a mac than you can us osx files on windows... :P ive had heaps of problems with people who can open things that i create when i can open theirs :P also osx gives you the ability to dual boot windows and virtually run it if need be which i have done like twice.. where as it is illegal to install osx on a pc :P

gmonkey
29th October 2010, 12:21 PM
yeh well you can use more windows files on a mac than you can us osx files on windows... :P ive had heaps of problems with people who can open things that i create when i can open theirs :P also osx gives you the ability to dual boot windows and virtually run it if need be which i have done like twice.. where as it is illegal to install osx on a pc :P

It's not that it's illegal it's that it pointless ahahah I'd just install a document converter :p

jastra
29th October 2010, 01:09 PM
not everyone is that smart brent :P and actually it there apparently ther is something in the EULA saying its not to be installed on anything other than a mac :P

poita
29th October 2010, 01:26 PM
actually it is illegal to install mac os on a pc ;)

jastra
29th October 2010, 01:58 PM

thanks pete :P

Ice
29th October 2010, 02:33 PM

Why youde want it anyway is beyond me, haha

poita
29th October 2010, 02:34 PM
i did, just cause i could

jastra
29th October 2010, 02:37 PM
i tried and failed my old pc couldnt handle it :P so i bought a real one :P

Ice
29th October 2010, 02:57 PM
i did, just cause i could

carefull what you say Pete, haha Apple will file a law suit against you !

poita
29th October 2010, 03:26 PM
carefull what you say Pete, haha Apple will file a law suit against you !

this was on the car pc in my veyron ;)

Ice
29th October 2010, 03:58 PM
this was on the car pc in my veyron ;)

bahahaha...right !

MAD-16V
29th October 2010, 05:01 PM
2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
A. Single Use License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, unless you have purchased a Family Pack or Upgrade license for the Apple Software,
you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer at a time. You
agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so. This License does not allow the Apple
Software to exist on more than one computer at a time, and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple
computers at the same time.

What if you had x86 hardware inside of an old powermac chassis :)

They actually changed the eula a while back becasue it used to be worded as "Apple-Labeled Computer" - Many people argued that a simple apple sticker would have sufficed to nullify the eula. - But this was never tested in court.

gmonkey
29th October 2010, 05:49 PM
I use iTunes that's apple branded I'm going to jail! Haha

Still wait for windows to have wintunes.. Be full of win *lame*

Nurb608
29th October 2010, 05:53 PM
Because all the millions of people who use a pirated version of windows are gonna care that running osx is illegal lol :p

MAD-16V
29th October 2010, 06:03 PM
I use iTunes that's apple branded I'm going to jail! Haha

Nah that's the latest osx eula - the itunes one is different.

tomtom
29th October 2010, 07:30 PM
The contemporary Apple - essentially a marketting company - will bite off more than it can chew soon. 2011 will be the year Apple becomes un-cool.

poita
29th October 2010, 07:33 PM
The contemporary Apple - essentially a marketting company - will bite off more than it can chew soon. 2011 will be the year Apple becomes un-cool.

well they have just overtaken RIM (blackberry) for phone handsets sold worldwide last quarter and are now up to number 4 spot.

so we will see. still a longf way to go to knock off nokia

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/10/steve-job-four-tiger-idc.jpg