PDA

View Full Version : Courtenay Sport - UK

AfterBurner
27th October 2010, 06:06 PM
Just a thread to let others know what a great team of guys @Courtenay Sport - UK are...

I was recently looking at finally buying some shocks to go with my Eibach Sportlines in the 'G'...

I contacted a few places, know a few mechanics & suspension ppl also... To cut a long story short, i decided to go with the best money could buy in the way of good all round shocks for normal daily driving & went with the ever so famous 'Bilsteins'...

I was tossing up whether or not to go cheap & spend ~$500 or go the whole hog & get the best for ~$1200...

I then discovered Courtenay's... They shipped a complete set of shocks F/R to my door for considerably less than i could get them here - even with trade discount directly off Bilstein themselves (Sydney)...

Emailed with Mark from Courtenay's, whom was more than friendly & helpful, not too mention next day replies too... Can't recommend them highly enough...

Local price ~$950 (trade)
Courtenay ~$700 (+ ~$165 freight)

While i was at it, considering my clutch is starting to slip, i also decided on a clutch kit & went with the fast Road Clutch (uprated from OEM)...

$500 (with slave cylinder) & only an extra ~$50 for freight...

All in all, a great price & fast delivery (less than a week)...

I did have a slight customs delay, they actually called my mobile @7.15am, lucky i was at work already, asked me what car it was for & the year model, i answered the guy, he then replied that they will call me later re. Import Duty & GST... Next thing i knew, they were delivered to my work... Go figure... Not sure how i got around that but im defo not complaining, that's for sure!!!

delemonte
27th October 2010, 06:12 PM
Glad to hear of your good experience. I might look at this option for shocks when I need to replace mine! Cheers :)

AfterBurner
27th October 2010, 06:16 PM
Glad to hear of your good experience. I might look at this option for shocks when I need to replace mine! Cheers :)
As u can c, i would recommend it...

I'll update here results when fitted... Considering im still running the standard shocks i'm expecting a vast difference in handling...

Now off to buy a RARB... lol...

CNBLU
27th October 2010, 06:18 PM
Fast road clutch wont disappoint. Mines been on for 40k and still going strong.

AfterBurner
27th October 2010, 06:25 PM
Fast road clutch wont disappoint. Mines been on for 40k and still going strong.

Glad to hear it Gav...

Considering the kw's ur beast puts out, mine should defo see out the life of the car then... lol...

Nurb608
27th October 2010, 06:27 PM
Marks an awesome bloke to deal with. Pretty much all my parts that aren't EDS specific and the IC are from him. That's who i got my bilsteins from and who i have my wheels on order from so another +1 to Courtenay and Mark.

AfterBurner
27th October 2010, 06:33 PM
Also, a BIG thx to Steve (XPLO5V57) for planting the seed for this small project...

Cheers for the heads-up mate, all went well as u can see...:thumbs:

mania
27th October 2010, 08:47 PM
Another +1 for Mark, great guy to deal with. He even returns your emails! (Those that have dealt with other UK suppliers will understand the significance..)

kabel
27th October 2010, 10:28 PM
+1 more for the service from Courtenay`s.

Wraith
28th October 2010, 08:28 AM
That's great to hear guys, I always thought Courtneys were way to pricey...but TBH I when I enquired or dealt with wanting to get any of their stuff it was 5-10 years ago so maybe they're better positioned with pricing these days...

Might make some enquiries myself on those Bilstein shocks for the TS :)

Hoss
28th October 2010, 10:52 AM
Like others, I highly recommend Courts and Mark. I rarely stray from their door. Even if you sometimes pay slightly more, Courts always pass the sleep test.

dutchy
28th October 2010, 11:45 AM
I got loads of stuff from them as well, all good, fast service no complaints. :smile5:

Z20LET
28th October 2010, 12:35 PM
Which Bilsteins did you get mate?

Wraith
29th October 2010, 08:36 AM

I assume they're to suit Eibach sportline springs on a TS as stated in AfterBurners post, but yes more info for me too would be good :)

Wouldn't mind a set for my vert which also has Eibachs...

Nurb608
29th October 2010, 10:09 AM

Looking at the price that would be for the B8's

JohnBu
29th October 2010, 11:36 AM
I just bought a set of B8s from Courtenays, (thanks Rory), but it was more than $700 (plus shipping) which leads me to believe it's a B8/B6 combo?

Wraith
29th October 2010, 12:19 PM
I just bought a set of B8s from Courtenays, (thanks Rory), but it was more than $700 (plus shipping) which leads me to believe it's a B8/B6 combo?

All up it's approx. $865 (from 1st post) so sounds about what you paid John ??

I'll have to enquire soon myself and let you guys know what the go is...

Nurb608
29th October 2010, 01:27 PM
Stupid formatting grrr.

B4 Front B4 Rear B8 Front B8 Rear
Astra G - £55 £35 £170 £110

JohnBu
29th October 2010, 01:28 PM
I paid about $740 plus shipping

gman
29th October 2010, 02:58 PM
Stupid formatting grrr.

Sounds like bananas are about to start coming down the stairs!!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wraith
29th October 2010, 03:17 PM
Stupid formatting grrr.

Thanks Rory - I'll have to definitely order a set :)

I paid about $740 plus shipping

Around the same amount as AfterBurner John, top price for a set of these :)

jastra
29th October 2010, 03:43 PM
Sounds like bananas are about to start coming down the stairs!!!!! :)\
hahah
are you ready B1? :P sure B2!

Nurb608
29th October 2010, 03:45 PM
Sounds like bananas are about to start coming down the stairs!!!!! :)

lol, i had to figure out what you were on about then for a second :p

gman
29th October 2010, 04:07 PM
Was the first thing that came to mind and now can't get the damn song out of my head!!!!! LOL ;)

xplosv57
29th October 2010, 10:27 PM
Also, a BIG thx to Steve (XPLO5V57) for planting the seed for this small project...

Cheers for the heads-up mate, all went well as u can see...:thumbs:

no dramas mate, glad you finally got a set, mines sitting in my boot waiting for springs

ive had an interesting time with Courtenays over the last week, i finally seem to making tracks with my order...

only issue now is how do i go about paying for it??

the amount is in pounds, and mark sent me a whole lot of banking details (IBAN) and the terms they use are different to what we use so am unsure of the bsb and account numbers

how do people go about paying?? is it easier just to phone them up?

Nurb608
29th October 2010, 10:42 PM
no dramas mate, glad you finally got a set, mines sitting in my boot waiting for springs

ive had an interesting time with Courtenays over the last week, i finally seem to making tracks with my order...

only issue now is how do i go about paying for it??

the amount is in pounds, and mark sent me a whole lot of banking details (IBAN) and the terms they use are different to what we use so am unsure of the bsb and account numbers

how do people go about paying?? is it easier just to phone them up?

Call Mark and pay by Visa ;)

If you get stuck, give me a call.

xplosv57
29th October 2010, 10:58 PM

Cheers mate, just called him then and ordered my bits!!

Although probably not a good idea to ring the UK on the mobile too often =P

Nurb608
29th October 2010, 11:03 PM
Cheers mate, just called him then and ordered my bits!!

Although probably not a good idea to ring the UK on the mobile too often =P

You dont wnt to see my phone bill then lol.

poita
29th October 2010, 11:34 PM
even if the call costs you $20, you prob still saved yourself a coupla hundred by not buyin in aus

Nurb608
30th October 2010, 03:45 PM
even if the call costs you $20, you prob still saved yourself a coupla hundred by not buyin in aus

Very true.

I got a quote for mine to buy direct from the bilstein distributor in aus and it was for $2400, lol, more than double than what i payed.

kabel
30th October 2010, 09:17 PM
Unbelievable !
Guess they don`t need the business.

poita
30th October 2010, 09:25 PM
Unbelievable !
Guess they don`t need the business.

so no go mate?

kabel
30th October 2010, 11:51 PM
so no go mate?
Sorry I meant Bilstein Australia don`t need the business at $2400 compared to what Rory purchased for at half the price from Courtenay`s.
I am considering the Bilstein`s........but my Mrs keeps asking about all the packages that continue to arrive from the UK.
Just ordered an oil cooler from Regal`s and still have the hybrid turbo sitting in a room waiting to be installed.

She reckons I should sell the VXR and buy a Getz....if she keeps beeing cheeky I am going to take the Audi A3 away from her!

Hoss
31st October 2010, 01:40 PM

Rory - that's nice of you to offer to pay if xplosv57 gets stuck, lol

xplosv57
31st October 2010, 04:26 PM

hahaha damn should have called Rory instead!!!

Nurb608
31st October 2010, 05:46 PM

lol, thanks Ian :p