PDA

View Full Version : Middle age sag

astra in oz
21st October 2010, 09:50 PM
Hey guys
I think a recent change in the weather had caused a rather dramatic sag in my rooflining... At the moment thumbtacks are my friend... Anyone got any ideas about where is best to go around Brissy to get my flop fixed???

Thumbtacks are very unimpressive.... and the flapping in the wind with the windows down is just crap really....

Thanks in advance

bender
21st October 2010, 09:56 PM
if its for a ts send auzvectra a pm as i kow he has 2 wrecks sitting in his yard and he may have one for you

guy 27
21st October 2010, 10:00 PM
you have a couple of option.

retrim it yourself - cheapest option but results may not be 100%

replacement - they are around $100 from the wreckers. you need to get a 3dr hatch roof lining.

get a professional retrim - my recommendation, might not be cheap though.

Lee Brothers Australia
8 Pedder St
Albion QLD 4010
(07) 3262 2025

either way just know its a pita to remove and refit the roof lining.

astra in oz
22nd October 2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks guys...
Guy what is the most pain in the arse bit about pulling it out???
I think i might need to go the wreckers option unless auzvectra has a 3 door wrecking...
the actual backing board stuff is actually sagging too...

guy 27
22nd October 2010, 09:44 AM
its just very fiddly. its easy enough to pull it out but putting it back in is where the fun begins.

its strange that its sagging as its pretty thick. only thing i can think of is the aerial gasket is leaking water into the roof lining.

Jerram
22nd October 2010, 09:55 AM
its just very fiddly. its easy enough to pull it out but putting it back in is where the fun begins.

its strange that its sagging as its pretty thick. only thing i can think of is the aerial gasket is leaking water into the roof lining.

if it's anything like my old vectra it's not the entire lining that sags, just the fabric; it separates from the fiberglass or whatever the solid part of it is and sort of flaps around. Gets quite annoying really.

guy 27
22nd October 2010, 09:57 AM
it separates from the fiberglass or whatever the solid part of it is

its pressed cardboard.

astra in oz
22nd October 2010, 08:01 PM
yeah its likely that the aerial mount is leaking.... its pretty badly perished... i have a new one here to replace t but havent gotten around to it... looks like nows as a good a time as any :(
Actually that would explain a lot... it happened when it rained lots....
Damn..

Bloodnok
19th January 2011, 11:02 AM
if it's anything like my old vectra it's not the entire lining that sags, just the fabric; it separates from the fiberglass or whatever the solid part of it is and sort of flaps around. Gets quite annoying really.

... and that's exactly what's happened to mine. The cardboard is fine, but the fabric has come off. As it's still in one piece and doesn't (yet) have thumbtack/staple gun holes in it, I'm wondering if it can be reattached with a particular type of glue or something. Ideas anyone?

metry
19th January 2011, 04:40 PM
retrim it yourself - cheapest option but results may not be 100%

and put the galaxy/universe through it

Taffy
22nd January 2011, 11:14 AM
Behind Bunnings on Grenard Road there is a place that will replace your roof lining within one hour, cost was $110 for my Barina and around $140 for the Vectra, both times I got to choose the colour and went for a nice jet black.

Well worth paying the money to get it over with the same day, no fuss.

http://www.allvehicleupholstery.com.au/

Edit sorry just seen the age of this thread but hopefully my link will help in future

guy 27
22nd January 2011, 11:27 AM
They went underwater with the flood. Might be a little while till they are operating again.

Bloodnok
22nd January 2011, 05:45 PM
Behind Bunnings on Grenard Road there is a place that will replace your roof lining within one hour, cost was $110 for my Barina and around $140 for the Vectra, both times I got to choose the colour and went for a nice jet black.

Well worth paying the money to get it over with the same day, no fuss.

http://www.allvehicleupholstery.com.au/

Edit sorry just seen the age of this thread but hopefully my link will help in future

Good to know, however, due to my current financial circumstances (I don't yet have the money to pay the excess on the kangaroo), I'm looking for a DIY solution.

However, now I know how much it would be to get it fixed properly with new fabric, I might start looking for a temporary DIY solution...

They went underwater with the flood. Might be a little while till they are operating again.

Ah, that'll slow things down. You never know, I might actually have the money to get it done by the time they open again...