PDA

View Full Version : Parts

opelcon
21st October 2010, 02:48 PM
Hi Guys,

im kinda of new to this but i think its time i start to look after my car a bit more and start doing a few things myself :)

i was wondering is there a website(s) that sell parts for the astra convertible ts model and also a repair/service manual would be great as well so that i know which parts are which.

any help/advice would be appreciated.

cheers,
opelcon

hazrd
21st October 2010, 02:51 PM
Autovaux in the UK are the best for parts
www.autovaux.co.uk

they do a lot of business for us because their prices are MUCH cheaper than holden

as for a manual, best bet would be to look around on ebay for a haynes or gregorys manual, or try a bursons/repco store

opelcon
21st October 2010, 02:58 PM
thanks for the quick response mate i appreciate it. i will look into it. thanks again.

opelcon
21st October 2010, 03:28 PM
one more question:
what model is the astra ts 02 in europe is it the astra MK4 Astra G??

Nurb608
21st October 2010, 03:32 PM
Yep

opelcon
21st October 2010, 03:37 PM
thanks for that

cheers

Wraith
21st October 2010, 04:35 PM
Another TS vert owner, welcome aboard :thumbs:

opelcon
21st October 2010, 06:55 PM
hi Wraith.

thanks mate and im glad i have found this site :)

im guessing you have a vert? would you have any idea what size the front and back speakers are? i actually just took the door frame on the passenfer side off and saw the speakers are screwed down by only 3 screws and the after market speakers have 4 screws on them.

if i wanted to change them (well i do want to change them lol) would you know of any particular bracket i would have to purchase and from where so i can get the speakers on?

also how do i get to the back speakers?

sorry for all the questions im kind of lost in this department and try to do as much as i can in house if possible.

thanks in advance

opelcon.

delemonte
22nd October 2010, 10:19 AM
You can get speaker spacers/pods designed specifically for fitting aftermarket speakers in Astras. eBay is the obvious place, but these can be picked up elsewhere also. These spacers come in various sizes as well

gslrallysport
22nd October 2010, 10:47 AM
i was wondering is there a website(s) that sell parts for the astra convertible ts model
Brakes and suspension www.gslrallysport.com (http://www.gslrallysport.com)

We also do all trade servicing items like filters, plugs, leads, gaskets, belts etc. but as has been posted Autovax do some pretty good pricing on that gear for Opels!!!

hazrd
22nd October 2010, 10:59 AM
^^^^ GSL RallySport = highly recommended !!!!

//freeplug

opelcon
22nd October 2010, 02:39 PM
cheers thanks for the info.

do any of you know how to take the back part off to i can get to the rear speakers?

Alix
22nd October 2010, 07:51 PM
Got my Haynes from The Book Depository - www.bookdepository.co.uk for around AU$30 delivered.

gmonkey
23rd October 2010, 01:50 AM
Got my Haynes from The Book Depository - www.bookdepository.co.uk for around AU$30 delivered.

+1

metry
23rd October 2010, 01:23 PM
if you havent got a manual, you can ake a look at the how to section on the astra owners club. some pretty good stuff in here for astras http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96753