PDA

View Full Version : Painting Stock Mags

SXiBABE
20th October 2004, 03:54 PM
hey guys just a question. Do you think it's worth getting factory rims powder coated? Or will it ruin the resale value or look??? :?

woody
20th October 2004, 04:02 PM
I've seen powder coated rims on other cars/bikes and if it's done right it can look awesome. Basically like a coloured Alloy. Spend some time and figure out the best colour to suit the car.. then it's all just a matter of personal preference.

SXiBABE
20th October 2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks :D I kno what sort of colours but then it's finding a place too :roll: I was thinking maybe white? I have the Prestige Blue colour SXi so white would look good...i think?

dan_kind
20th October 2004, 04:13 PM
...at risk of having things thrown at me, i reckon stock rims look the best on a car..but then again i refuse to modify the exterior of my cars so i will shuttup

SXiBABE
20th October 2004, 04:22 PM
haha yeah true but they get boring :lol: I want something different it's either that or buying a whole new set of 17s.... :roll:

ultim8DTM5
20th October 2004, 04:31 PM
...at risk of having things thrown at me, i reckon stock rims look the best on a car..but then again i refuse to modify the exterior of my cars so i will shuttup

Take off your Irmscher OEM kit because it modifies the exterior over what a stock Barina looks like!!!

:shock:

YuSuF
20th October 2004, 04:34 PM
White powder coat would look good, but there are also some nice white 17s out there...Its your choice.

SXiBABE
20th October 2004, 04:43 PM
Yeah does any kno what diablo wheels look like?? They have 7 spokes i like them i can get a set of them in 17s with tyres for $1300... 8) My car is lowered already so i think they would look okay...but i didn't want to go to the trouble of spending lots of money if i can get the same effect with something cheaper...when i take some pics on my dig camera i can put one in my Avatar so you can see my car.... :wink:

YuSuF
20th October 2004, 04:46 PM
Are you talking about these?

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/content/products/CRW_0835_RT8.jpg

SXiBABE
20th October 2004, 04:48 PM
Yes I am!! Cool...yeah i was looking at tempe tyres hehehe....they have good deals anyone bought from them here?? Either them or going for chrome trilogy ones :?

YuSuF
20th October 2004, 04:50 PM
I have seen both on Astras and they look awesome, whichever choice you make im sure it will be money worth spent

frankie9fingers
20th October 2004, 04:54 PM
If your trying to find out the name of the OEM powdercoat, it's Bright Silver. Powdercoating will cost about $50 each rim. If they've been sprayed you'ld have to get them sandblasted first to remove it.

SXiBABE
20th October 2004, 05:11 PM
Yeah I understand what's involved with it and it takes a few days too so i'll be without my car aswell...that would be the hard part :lol: I might just settle for buying new mags like i want and keeping my stockies for when i sell it :roll:

frankie9fingers
20th October 2004, 05:21 PM
unless you do it 1 wheel at a time and keep rotating the spare. but what a stuff around that would be. :lol:

SXiBABE
20th October 2004, 05:23 PM
hahaha Nice.. :mrgreen: that would be funny and a big stuff around hahaha good idea though i'll give ya that 8)

Blitzkrieg
20th October 2004, 09:56 PM
Yes I am!! Cool...yeah i was looking at tempe tyres hehehe....they have good deals anyone bought from them here?? Either them or going for chrome trilogy ones :?

Payless tyres are a tempe outlet and will have those rims done in half the time for exact the same amount. Better service too.