PDA

View Full Version : Iphone News - Greenpois0n released for IOS4.1

AfterBurner
13th October 2010, 07:47 AM
Enjoy Jailbreakers...

Greenpois0n (http://www.greenpois0n.com/) is here

lee
13th October 2010, 09:54 AM
Awesome! I might give it a shot this arvo.

AfterBurner
13th October 2010, 09:55 AM
Can't seem to make it work on a 3G atm...:mad2:

Still trying though... Doens't detect the DFU mode for some reason...

3GS should be OK...:ihih:

btm
13th October 2010, 11:09 AM
what is it?

sooty
13th October 2010, 11:36 AM
what is it?

A form of jailbreak, basically severs your dependence on the AppStore, so you can download apps for free, also gives you more freedom with the mobile substrate.
The legality of jailbreaking and downloading apps is still in question, but, for now, it's the thing to do :p

AfterBurner
13th October 2010, 11:37 AM
The newest long awaited Jailbreak for iPhone IOS4.1 incl iPhone 4 etc...

btm
13th October 2010, 12:04 PM
and assuming voids warranty?

AfterBurner
13th October 2010, 12:10 PM
Yes & No...

Only if you send ur phone back for repair whilst Jailbroken... If the need should arise to send for warranty, just re-flash it back to standard. Doubt they will be able to tell...

Funny thing is, in the States Apple attempted to make it Illegal, but u know those yanks, wouldn't stand for it, so currently it's NOT illegal but YES, does void warranty...

poita
13th October 2010, 01:19 PM
Can't seem to make it work on a 3G atm...:mad2:

Still trying though... Doens't detect the DFU mode for some reason...

3GS should be OK...:ihih:

doesnt work for 3G

SSS_Hoon
13th October 2010, 01:44 PM
Is it the original untethered version they were going to release on the 10th? Or is it just. Their version of limerains? An they save their exploit for ver 4.2?

I'm sure that they could tell there would be a internal flash counter or something.

SSS_Hoon

SSS_Hoon
13th October 2010, 01:46 PM
Is it the original untethered version they were going to release on the 10th? Or is it just. Their version of limerains? An they save their exploit for ver 4.2?

I'm sure that they could tell there would be a internal flash counter or something.

SSS_Hoon

AfterBurner
13th October 2010, 01:48 PM

SSS_Hoon

It's seems to be the Limera1n version at this stage... Me thinks they're waiting for the new F/W as u said.. (smartkuntz)

Pete, im currently trying Redsnow 9.6 on a 3G, let u know if it works...

poita
13th October 2010, 02:10 PM

SSS_Hoon

its a modified version of limerain.

geohot released this pissing off every player in the jailbreak community.

they used his version to do it so they arent revealing two cards at once to apple, so to speak.

and from has been said this will work with 4.2 also.

as for tethered or non tethered im not 100%, but i think its non tethered, doesnt work with 3G :(

It's seems to be the Limera1n version at this stage... Me thinks they're waiting for the new F/W as u said.. (smartkuntz)

Pete, im currently trying Redsnow 9.6 on a 3G, let u know if it works...

awesome, let me know how it goes. dont give a fuk about unlocking it, just want JB to work

AfterBurner
13th October 2010, 02:30 PM
Well, erm... Redsn0w seems to have worked, although cydia was NOT loaded but the wallpaper has changed (says enjoy Jailbreak)...

Just went to cydia.hackulo.us to try manual install... Still waiting for D/L to finish, been goin for 5mins so far on my wireless connection @work...

Hopwfully all good, bit of a work around for the time being... can't wait for the proper release of Greenpois0n...

UPDATE:

Try Redsn0w a few times, didn't work first time... U should see something on the screen if working...

RE-UPDATE:

I now have CYDIA back... YAY...

jastra
13th October 2010, 03:22 PM
isnt limera1n permanant anyway? so why would they be waiting for 4.2 as apple cant patch it anyway?

poita
13th October 2010, 03:31 PM
nah its not, it doesnt use the SHAtter exploit

they have held it back

poita
13th October 2010, 07:34 PM
Well, erm... Redsn0w seems to have worked, although cydia was NOT loaded but the wallpaper has changed (says enjoy Jailbreak)...

Just went to cydia.hackulo.us to try manual install... Still waiting for D/L to finish, been goin for 5mins so far on my wireless connection @work...

Hopwfully all good, bit of a work around for the time being... can't wait for the proper release of Greenpois0n...

UPDATE:

Try Redsn0w a few times, didn't work first time... U should see something on the screen if working...

RE-UPDATE:

I now have CYDIA back... YAY...

did yours just hang up on "Uploading Ramdisk" ?

phone has hdd pic and "downloading jailbreak data"

tried it about 4 times now, still no go :(

AfterBurner
13th October 2010, 07:36 PM
did yours just hang up on "Uploading Ramdisk" ?

phone has hdd pic and "downloading jailbreak data"

tried it about 4 times now, still no go :(

Same here Pete, just rebooted PC then it seemed to work... I was running XP Pro...

poita
13th October 2010, 07:39 PM
win 7 ultimate x64 here.

have read a few ppl had probs with win 7 and doing it

i have the xp emulation mode, might see if that will work. doubt it though

Gus
15th October 2010, 02:45 PM
i have finally conjured up the balls to jailbreak my 3GS, although i still have 6 mths warranty left. are there any cons i am missing?
Do u guys recommend greenp0ison or limera1n? whats the diff anyway?
cheers

looks like snowbreeze is another option. oh and i dont care about unlocking, just want cydia access.
FW 4.1

AfterBurner
15th October 2010, 03:13 PM
I prefer limera1n, seems a little more stable, in essence they're the same anyway.

poita
15th October 2010, 03:24 PM
use limera1n

Gus
18th October 2010, 09:30 PM
Awesomely easy with limera1n. I can't believe I put this off for so long.

gman
18th October 2010, 10:32 PM
OK heres a question, will loading limera1n and jailbreaking my iPhone 3Gs delete the curreht apps etc that are on it??

Is it a clean slate start so to speak?? I ask only as I have a few apps I use often and paid for but really want to jailbreak my phone so I can access a bluetooth GPS device for the race timers...

lee
19th October 2010, 07:30 AM
I did the jailbreak last night on my early model 32GB 3GS. I couldn't get Greenpoin0n to work for me (couldn't get into DFU mode), but Limera1n worked first time.

OK heres a question, will loading limera1n and jailbreaking my iPhone 3Gs delete the curreht apps etc that are on it??

It used to, on the JB for iOS 3. Limera1n didn't erase anything for me.

MAD-16V
19th October 2010, 06:08 PM
Anyone had any success breaking a 3g running 4.1? - Read a bit about it but it still seems way too unstable to attempt.

poita
19th October 2010, 07:27 PM
yer no dramas at all

had to run redsn0w on windows xp

been fine for a week or so now

jastra
20th October 2010, 12:32 AM

Is it a clean slate start so to speak?? I ask only as I have a few apps I use often and paid for but really want to jailbreak my phone so I can access a bluetooth GPS device for the race timers...

limera1n doesnt wipe the iphone like previous jailbreaks have but it is always good to backup before you do it incase you hit a speedbump

AfterBurner
20th October 2010, 09:34 AM

As Jastra said, do a backup first but if u paid for apps, that will also be on record with itunes & they don't charge to download the same app 2x (unless it's a newer vers. of course)

If ur running iOS4.1 already, nothing will change except the addition of Limera1n/Cydia...

gman
20th October 2010, 10:51 AM
Cool...Running 4.1 so shouldn't be an issue. First jail break for me so asking the usual stupid questions.

Once broken, will it still sync etc through iTunes or will it throw a hissy fit and turn to apple pulp??

AfterBurner
20th October 2010, 10:58 AM
Cool...Running 4.1 so shouldn't be an issue. First jail break for me so asking the usual stupid questions.

Once broken, will it still sync etc through iTunes or will it throw a hissy fit and turn to apple pulp??

All same as b4..

Need some other apps for doing certain things (from Cydia).

jastra
20th October 2010, 11:47 AM
it will sync as normal :) even if you add a certain app which i think you cannot discuss on the forum :P

AfterBurner
20th October 2010, 11:50 AM
it will sync as normal :) even if you add a certain app which i think you cannot discuss on the forum :P

Not 'appsync for iOS4' ?

jastra
20th October 2010, 11:52 AM
and another lol not that i over use it reallyy....