PDA

View Full Version : SMD conversion kit question

DIXIE
22nd September 2010, 03:47 PM
yo yo..

okay so.. im gonna get one of those smd/led conversion kits (whatever theyre called, ive seen both).. cause the blue dash cluster set up looks dope..

BUT! i cant find the links in all the old threads on here

can someone please tell me which website/ebay store to buy them from.. someone reputable lol (im after the full kit for the H so i dont have to screw around buying anything more than once)

tenks much :)

jastra
22nd September 2010, 05:11 PM
Darren at ledconversions.co.uk is who most people got then from but he isn't doing the kits anymore because "I'm not making much on them so it's not really worth it" it's what he told me when he shut down the site but if u have a look on eBay you might find some..
EDIT: link to eBay search I'm fairly sure this is him tbh must have some left or he has started doing then again...
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=Astra+led+conversion&_sacat=See-All-Categories

sooty
22nd September 2010, 05:27 PM
Darren at ledconversions.co.uk is who most people got then from but he isn't doing the kits anymore because "I'm not making much on them so it's not really worth it" it's what he told me when he shut down the site but if u have a look on eBay you might find some..
EDIT: link to eBay search I'm fairly sure this is him tbh must have some left or he has started doing then again...
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=Astra+led+conversion&_sacat=See-All-Categories

He won £20million in the lotto over there lol, hence why he has an r35 gtr and various other cars now, not really much point in selling LED/SMD's :lol:

jastra
22nd September 2010, 05:48 PM
haha i wouldnt be selling leds either :P lucky bastard lol he told me he was getting the car just not that he won 20mil!

Nurb608
22nd September 2010, 06:09 PM
If you have trouble finding them Dan i'll ask Darren if i can get a kit off him or atleast exactly what you need ;) He's also got a Bathurst edition VXR8 and just got another car recently, can't remember what it is but was first in the UK. You should see his garage!!!

poita
22nd September 2010, 08:57 PM
If you have trouble finding them Dan i'll ask Darren if i can get a kit off him or atleast exactly what you need ;) He's also got a Bathurst edition VXR8 and just got another car recently, can't remember what it is but was first in the UK. You should see his garage!!!

its bullshit, the bathurst edition was only released in the UK wtf!

links to his garage :p

Nurb608
22nd September 2010, 09:05 PM
its bullshit, the bathurst edition was only released in the UK wtf!

links to his garage :p

Yeah i know, they get a better spec than we do, go figure!

I'll try and find the pic, but here's his sig ;)

poita
22nd September 2010, 09:10 PM
lucky bugger.

im guessing the balls in the bottom right are his winners?

Nurb608
22nd September 2010, 09:14 PM
lucky bugger.

im guessing the balls in the bottom right are his winners?

Yep ;)

Here's his newest addition, Audi R6 http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=94513

jastra
22nd September 2010, 09:15 PM
if only we could all be so lucky :P the world would be a much happier place :P

poita
22nd September 2010, 09:18 PM
wow those brakes are gigantic

sooty
22nd September 2010, 09:27 PM
God i hate him so much right about now...

CNBLU
22nd September 2010, 10:12 PM
lets see him buy a real supercar like a konigsig or a mclaren f1 :)

Nurb608
22nd September 2010, 10:14 PM
lol, he doesn't have the RS anymore from memory, think he sold it to Mark, the detailer that did the nurb ;)

He's still surprisingly a really down to earth person to talk too and still helps out alot of the UK guys with their cars.

gmonkey
23rd September 2010, 12:09 AM
really? i found his service pretty terrible when i bought my SMDs

DIXIE
23rd September 2010, 12:46 AM
so what do i do? lol