PDA

View Full Version : Aspire 1410 with 5GB/month mobile broadband :)

dieselhead
14th September 2010, 08:06 PM
Got my Aspire 1410 (http://www.acer.com.au/acer/product.do?link=oln85e.redirect&changedAlts=&kcond48e.c2att101=-1&CRC=2759084358#wrAjaxHistory=0) from Optus last Sunday and I absolutely love it. It is light, faster than a n Atom powered netbook (it has a low power Celeron dual core at 1.2 GHz), 320 GB HDD, 2GB RAM (supporting max 4 GB) and, amazingly, an HDMI port. I'm paying $60 a month for 5GB data, including the lappie, on a 2 year contract. A steal if you ask me...
Paired it with an ASUS 24" LCD to create the ideal office rig. Video and sound are faultless wia the cheap HDMI cable!

This is not an ad, I'm just a happy trooper so far :)

gmonkey
14th September 2010, 08:10 PM
sounds expensive to me sorry :p

i pay $60 a month and get 24mb/s internet and 75gb+75gb with voip and media center and its a monthly contract so cancel anytime...

dieselhead
14th September 2010, 08:22 PM
Oi, I'm not talking ADSL2+ here, got that at home. I am talking about mobile broadband that allows you to browse, e-mail and use Google Earth while driving and stuff :) I mean while somebody else is driving, not me... Not suggesting in any way that is the way to go at home. Another great thing about the 1410 is that it has an internal 3G modem, so therre are no ugly and flimsy USB bits dangling out.
I am working on a remote construction site at the moment and it comes in soooooo handy.

gmonkey
14th September 2010, 10:26 PM
ahhhh ok i c now yeh that doesnt sound to bad :p make sure ur not getting charged for uploads some of those wireless ones do :p

poita
15th September 2010, 10:32 AM
if its optus you will be im pretty sure

dieselhead
15th September 2010, 12:21 PM
I'm cool with 5GB, used under 100 MB in my first day and got a bit of browsing ans some e-mails as well. You guys are right, 5GB includes downloads+uploads.

dieselhead
19th September 2010, 06:03 PM
Added 2GB of DDR2 RAM in the little Aspire yesterday. Running Windown 7 Home Premium (the stock OS) like a dream with 4GB of RAM!
My advice, if you are looking to buy a netbook, have a look at this puppy first.
Oh, forgot to mention, an exernal USB DVD burner (worth about $100) and a decent bag were part of the deal as well.