PDA

View Full Version : Always ask for the pic!

nadg63
1st September 2010, 07:50 PM
Just a word to the wise to all you out there; if you should be unfortunate enough to receive a speeding fine in the mail from a camera, be sure to ask for a copy of the pic.

Reason I bring this up is I got one last week, stating my rego number at a road/place I didn't even know!? I was convinced it could not have been me but after a while you do tend to start doubting yourself so I sent off for a copy of the pic.

The pic has today shown up, and whilst it did at first look like my car, on closer inspection it had 2 too many doors, and then when I looked more closely at the reg plate it was the same as mine apart from the last letter, in the pic it was a 'Y' whereas my car has a 'V'.

Quick phone call that started along the lines of " Due to some illiterate at your end that cannot read ............ " and all the apologies later, (yeah right!), it is now supposedley sorted and I am waiting for the retraction letter in the post!

So that has saved me an anwarranted $342 and 3-points!

Bloody revenue raisers - even though I'm in the clear still not happy!

sooty
1st September 2010, 07:55 PM
Glad you got it sorted in the end mate, these things happen!

guy 27
1st September 2010, 08:12 PM
afaik you always get an awesome moving shot of your car in qld.

good to hear you got it sorted though. its always a bad feeling when you get a fine especially when you know you did nothing wrong.

btm
2nd September 2010, 10:34 AM
good outcome!

maloo97
2nd September 2010, 03:16 PM
hurd of this before, but same plate different state, lol Well done mate,

gman
2nd September 2010, 03:36 PM
I had one sent to me when I had my STi...I never remembered being in Mittagong so did the same. turned put someone had a fake plate on their car with my details...The boht were STi's but mine was blue and this one was white...Took 9 months and a court appearance to have it squashed...

As said ALWAYS get the pic!!!!

nuggz
2nd September 2010, 03:39 PM
9 months and a court appearance!!

all about the principal i guess

gman
2nd September 2010, 04:19 PM
ABSOLUTELY!!!! Awarded costs and saved a $500 fine or there abouts as well as a bag of points on my license.....

nadg63
2nd September 2010, 04:52 PM
Will believe it's over when I have received the retraction letter in the post!

Wraith
2nd September 2010, 06:31 PM
That's good to know I'll keep that in mind from now on when I cop a fine that has me shaking my head thinking WTF :RollingEyes:

adam_92
2nd September 2010, 06:39 PM
im still having a nightmare with my fines from february. thay said they didnt get the declarations and the cancellations by the police so it went to court and got taken back to where i have to send the declarations and stuff in again so anyway today when i went to change rego on the gsi i got told. oh your suspended and when i asked why she said its because of these speeding fines and she printed them out but what was even more confusing was that she said they had been paid and i know i certainly havnt paid them and neither has my parents but as usual the courts close at a ridiculously early time so i have to take time off work to get it sorted