PDA

View Full Version : Halo Reach + Buzz Aldrin - UTS Sydney

MAD-16V
31st August 2010, 10:56 AM
Anyone in Sydney get an invite to go to this event?

I will be there tomorrow night - should be pretty cool.

MAD-16V
1st September 2010, 09:03 PM
Just got back -

Buzz is classic - So funny and sharp as a tack.

He spoke about the progression of technology and how it is helping to pave the way to a new era in space exploration.

He also was plugging his new range of Nike Sneakers! - Yes thats right!

Also had a live tech demo of Xbox Kinect - Amazing bit of tech - I was sceptical about it - But now that I have had the chance to see it first hand, It is truly astounding what it is capable of!

2 of the staff from Bungie were on hand to give some info and also played a 10-15min demo from the main campaign - It is looking pretty cool.

They also had about 8 flatscreens setup at the end all linked and running varying modes of Firefight.

Microsoft also announced a partnership with the Make A Wish Foundation - They will be donating all proceeds from the sale of Halo Reach avatar related items in the Xbox Live marketplace after the games release.

Also shown was a limited edition Halo Reach wireless headset - Wich they will also donate $5 from each sale to Make A Wish.

This is a picture of a huge diorama - where you could drive a rc car around it to try for the best lap time!

http://i53.tinypic.com/30ac8xi.jpg

All in all , A very entertaining event and quite informative.

gmonkey
2nd September 2010, 09:13 AM
Was Reach the Spartan recruits training planet? And was glassed? Was first book or was it the 3rd don't remember.. Good books but :p love the storyline

poita
2nd September 2010, 05:34 PM
/nerdgasm

scaifeys2.2mk4
2nd September 2010, 10:09 PM
im not 100% but reach was one of the first planets that the unsc terraformed to create colonies and used to train the spartans and odsts on and also farmed/mined a lot of it to send back food and titanium to earth, i think that they built some of the unsc ships there but im not really sure of that and it was glassed in the human covenant war just before the first game takes place

gmonkey
2nd September 2010, 10:18 PM
So is this game taking place as an ODST or a Spartan? Havent got a 360 anymore (might need to get it back :p) so havent looked into the game...

If its based around play by play of the book itd make for a really good game.. more so if you play as commander keyes and John's Training could be kinda cool for a tutorial level..

Sorry i am a bit of a Halo Nerd :p ahhaa

scaifeys2.2mk4
2nd September 2010, 10:36 PM
i am to, i believe you play as noble six, an as yet unidentified spartan that is most certainly not s117 but has been given the same highly lethal classification that only one other spartan has= s117

gmonkey
3rd September 2010, 12:55 AM
back to reading my Halo : evolutions book :p hahah

ChrisMaz
3rd September 2010, 01:22 AM
You play as a Spartan II. Same initiation as John 117. The rest of the team are Spartan III which have uprated armour and abilities.

See here (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Reach) for a massive Halo over-load :D

gmonkey
3rd September 2010, 01:29 AM
i thought was a prologue to halo1?? there for spartan 3s shouldnt be around :S spartan2s were in experimental stages on Reach

ChrisMaz
3rd September 2010, 01:54 AM
It is a prologue. Spartan 3's were activated in 2536. Fall of reach is 2552