PDA

View Full Version : Holden Dealers

Charlatan
16th October 2004, 10:54 AM
Hi guys

I've just purchased an 03 SRi Barina, just need a blue slip and its mine. Absolutely love the car, a real hoot to drive. The onething I dont like about it is that its a Holden. I've had a few bad experiences with Holden Dealers taking the piss over the years.

Can anyone recommend a good Holden Dealer in Sydney, preferably in the Eastern Suburbs? Any that I should really avoid? The cars obviously under warranty, so I'll need to go there for any issues, but what about general services, any non-dealer places anyone can suggest?

One last question, its an 11/03 build date and has the 16" wheels. Does this make it a MY2004 model?

Cheers,
Brent :D

Anonymous
16th October 2004, 11:05 AM
i dont think we are allowed to disclose any imformation on specific dealers :? not sure

Charlatan
16th October 2004, 11:46 AM
What about good information? Yeah, best not to specifically bag any bad ones.

Shazza
16th October 2004, 12:02 PM
yeah it would be an 04 model!

Mr T
22nd October 2004, 06:21 PM
I have already expressed my views on recommending suppliers.

There's not much to discuss in the eastern suburbs apart from the one at Kings Cross (very professional) other than that try the first one you see on parramatta road. it will be on your right just past Liechardt.

blueraven
22nd October 2004, 08:47 PM
just dont take it to a holden dealer... i will never take mine near one.

i doubt it helps for a barina, but for a calibra the SAAB guys know them backwards :P

SmellyTofu
23rd October 2004, 08:23 AM
There's not much to discuss in the eastern suburbs apart from the one at Kings Cross (very professional)

Not unless they scrap the $h!t out of your bumper if you have a lowered car at their open air car park. However, the guys there are in a tight spot though having being in the place for a while and the service guys there are good in terms of customer service. Same goes for the Homebush branch. Just don't ask for a car wash there.

Jass
23rd October 2004, 09:56 AM
the fellas over at Holden Waitara (near hornsby) are always pretty good, try your luck with them!

Mr T
23rd October 2004, 12:33 PM
Same goes for the Homebush branch. Just don't ask for a car wash there.

Damn Straight, they use the same "one" sponge for 2 weeks (washing about 120 cars a day) and dont even wash the wheels.

SmellyTofu
24th October 2004, 01:17 AM
Damn Straight, they use the same "one" sponge for 2 weeks (washing about 120 cars a day) and dont even wash the wheels.

Also the service vehicles are washed with a garden hose and that sponge with no detergents. If you've polished and really given your car a clean before hand and didn't want them to wash it, you will for certain get overspray of water from the garden hose.

On their side, the guy doing the job (at the time I was there) is a great bloke. Plenty to chit chat about but I guess he's under instructions as to what he is doing but what he is doing could be better utilised elsewhere I think.

sri02
24th October 2004, 08:23 AM
I wouldnt take it to any dealer in the eastern suburbs, unless you want to have more problems then when you started.