PDA

View Full Version : Figured it was about time...

Mr Kenny
23rd August 2010, 08:21 PM
Hey all, the names Chris (or Mr. Kenny - don't ask :p).

I've been hovering around this forum for a while and I never really had the time to actually introduce myself.

So yeah, I'm in Raceview, Ipswich.. up in good ol' QLD. I know absolutely nothing when it comes to cars so you may want to take it easy on me when it comes to the technical stuff. :p

I'm currently sporting a 2007 AH CDX Coupe. Changed up from a 2002 TS Equipe. Big difference in my opinion. Great car.

Looking forward to maybe getting into some cruises and what not.

I'm open to any ideas at making the car a whole lot better. :)

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz351/VivaLaAstro/My%20Car/01.jpg

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz351/VivaLaAstro/My%20Car/02.jpg

guy 27
23rd August 2010, 08:24 PM
Welcome to OA

if your free next sunday, come to lakeside as a few of us will be there.

Nurb608
23rd August 2010, 08:26 PM
Welcome to the site mate, nice looking ride ;)

bender
23rd August 2010, 08:30 PM
welcome dude been a while since we've had a new qld'er
and defs think about heading up to lakeside on sunday

Mr Kenny
23rd August 2010, 08:37 PM
and defs think about heading up to lakeside on sunday

I'll have to see what the missus is doing (she's in Formal dress mode). If I can, I'd love to come up.

astra in oz
23rd August 2010, 08:55 PM
Nice ride man.. Welcome :)

metry
23rd August 2010, 09:37 PM
welcome to oa (officially)

btm
24th August 2010, 09:20 AM
welcome to the site!

sooty
25th August 2010, 12:00 PM
My yr 6 teacher was called Mr Kenny... :lol:
Welcome to OA mate

poita
25th August 2010, 12:59 PM
looks like crispys old car, right location too

Mr Kenny
25th August 2010, 06:37 PM
looks like crispys old car, right location too

There was a receipt in the manual folder with the rego saying 86CJB. It's quite scary that you could pick that =P

sooty
25th August 2010, 06:46 PM
There was a receipt in the manual folder with the rego saying 86CJB. It's quite scary that you could pick that =P
Crispin's car lives again...looks like it's still in as good a condition as it always was.

Mr Kenny
25th August 2010, 06:58 PM
Crispin's car lives again...looks like it's still in as good a condition as it always was.

Yeah it's treating me well. Any idea if he modded any of it? He did the back Opel badge... The dealer was very quick to point it out.

sooty
25th August 2010, 07:01 PM
the SRi-T wheels, was lowered on its ass, opelised, dark tint i think? i'll see if i can find his member's car thread.
Found it:
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?10969-Crispy-and-Ishley-MY06.5-Black-Astra-CDX-Coupe&highlight=crispin

ummm...does a massive rear end crash count as a modification?

Mr Kenny
25th August 2010, 07:15 PM
ummm...does a massive rear end crash count as a modification?

Say whattttttttttttttttttttt?

sooty
25th August 2010, 07:18 PM
Say whattttttttttttttttttttt?
posts 191 in that thread mate, sorry to be the bearer of bad news! looks like it's fine now though :)

Mr Kenny
25th August 2010, 07:33 PM
posts 191 in that thread mate, sorry to be the bearer of bad news! looks like it's fine now though :)

Yeah I'm onto it now. Everything seems fine. Had no idea. So long as the back bumper doesn't fall off, it's all good.

Thanks for checking that up.

poita
25th August 2010, 08:23 PM

car looked identical, and in the same area.

was a guess at best, but was the first thing I thought when i saw it!

plus I have no life and have spent many hours on this forum :lol:

CJB
25th August 2010, 08:56 PM
Oh
My
God

Mr Kenny
25th August 2010, 09:05 PM
Oh
My
God

Haha. How's it going? :P

CJB
25th August 2010, 09:20 PM
Firstly I love the grill, looks awesome!!
Wow, this is so weird, I use to live in Raceview. Then I know the car ended up out west with a young girl and not too long ago I saw it on carsales and here it is!! Where did you get it from?? How many km's??

**** I miss that car so much. It was in a back ender but it was fixed and sold to a girl, I just chose not to keep it. When I bought it too the fog lights kept shorting out, I found it the car had been in a front ender and all the wiring wasn't genuine - so that's been replaced with genuine wiring.

The car originally came from Toowoomba Holden, but I bought it from Zupps Mt Gravatt with 6000kms on it in November 2006 for $30k

It was already lowered - bump stops removed, the wheels were on it. I put the exhaust tips on it and I think from memory maybe something else down there but I don't think so... I had a sub in it (which is now in my Mazda) and that's about it.

How's it going ?? I'm gonna die with excitement next time in Ipswich and see it.

Mr Kenny
25th August 2010, 09:28 PM
Firstly I love the grill, looks awesome!!
Wow, this is so weird, I use to live in Raceview. Then I know the car ended up out west with a young girl and not too long ago I saw it on carsales and here it is!! Where did you get it from?? How many km's??

**** I miss that car so much. It was in a back ender but it was fixed and sold to a girl, I just chose not to keep it. When I bought it too the fog lights kept shorting out, I found it the car had been in a front ender and all the wiring wasn't genuine - so that's been replaced with genuine wiring.

The car originally came from Toowoomba Holden, but I bought it from Zupps Mt Gravatt with 6000kms on it in November 2006 for $30k

It was already lowered - bump stops removed, the wheels were on it. I put the exhaust tips on it and I think from memory maybe something else down there but I don't think so... I had a sub in it (which is now in my Mazda) and that's about it.

How's it going ?? I'm gonna die with excitement next time in Ipswich and see it.

Car's going great. Got it from Motorama in Moorooka with 82,000km on it. Cost me $20,000. I thought that was reasonable. Love it to death. You should of left the sub in there for me. :P

Give us a buzz when you come down next and you can have an emotional reunion if ya want. haha. Where about in Raceview did you live? (This is so strange).

CJB
25th August 2010, 09:36 PM
Car's going great. Got it from Motorama in Moorooka with 82,000km on it. Cost me $20,000. I thought that was reasonable. Love it to death. You should of left the sub in there for me. :P

Give us a buzz when you come down next and you can have an emotional reunion if ya want. haha. Where about in Raceview did you live? (This is so strange).

This is ... Just off Whitehill Road in that estate between there and Raceview St, lived there for 2 years and moved to Morningside.

Ahhh I wonder how the car ended up there? Ah well, wow... So freaky. My other previous car (the one I sold to get the Astra) my Lancer was for sale at Zupps and it ended up in Ipswich too, so this isn't the first time a previous car has come back. If only my Barina would. :(

Mmm, I'm not on the forum a lot now so if u want u can fb add me otherwise it will be when I remember to check the forum :s

Mr Kenny
25th August 2010, 09:43 PM
Mmm, I'm not on the forum a lot now so if u want u can fb add me otherwise it will be when I remember to check the forum :s
I know that area. I'm on the opposite side, between Raceview St and Thornton St. I FB'd your email and I added 'Crispin Baker'. Hopefully that was you. lol.
So yeah. My old car (02 TS) got auction off. For all I know... it's probably back in Ipswich as well. :P

chrissn89
25th September 2010, 12:35 AM
Hey chris welcome to OA, I saw your car out in Ipswich on thursday night. I hear you saw my car also, my friend was driving my SRi-T, While i was talking to another OA member on the side of the road.

Mr Kenny
25th September 2010, 01:35 AM
Hey chris welcome to OA, I saw your car out in Ipswich on thursday night. I hear you saw my car also, my friend was driving my SRi-T, While i was talking to another OA member on the side of the road.

Hey man. Had a little race off the line at the lights. I must say I'm impressed with your car aye. Left me for dead. Haha. It was good to see some other Opel out in Ippy. Makes me feel better as I'm usually the only Opel out. Well at least from what I can see.