PDA

View Full Version : Opel Lifetime Warranty.

ChrisMaz
20th August 2010, 04:12 AM
First heard about this after the Ampera launch, and thought it was only limited to the ampera. However seems Opel will be offering a life time warranty on all their new cars.

However, lifetime really doesn't mean a lifetime.... The warranty will be for 160,000 which is still a very long time. Even though its hardly a life time.

Your opinions?

Autoblog has the full story and more.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/19/report-opel-pledges-to-maintain-new-lifetime-warranty-despite/

http://www.autoblog.com/tag/opel

btm
20th August 2010, 08:18 AM
that's close to a lifetime of km for me, so it gets my vote

Nurb608
20th August 2010, 08:24 AM
Yeah, Vaux have the same warranty http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/owners_services/warranty_assistance/vauxhall_lifetime_warranty.html

hazrd
20th August 2010, 08:34 AM
So they won't be releasing the new Calibra for sale then....

btm
20th August 2010, 08:59 AM

:lol:

metry
20th August 2010, 09:00 AM
LOL @ Hazrd. well mitsubishi have a 5/10 warranty. 5 years or 100 000kms on the whole car and 10 years or 160 000 kms on the car. i think what theyre getting at is the lifetime you own the car for. cause mitsubishis 10 year warranty is non transferable but the 5 year one is.

sooty
20th August 2010, 09:23 AM
With the unreliability of some of their cars... Bye bye Opel and vauxhall, the diesels alone will send you bankrupt :lol:

gmonkey
20th August 2010, 12:48 PM
Would mean they'd strive for better longterm reliabilty then they have in the past but

poita
20th August 2010, 01:09 PM

now you dont have one you've become one of them

glider
20th August 2010, 01:36 PM

this club just gets more and more exclusive... I vote for OA calibra merchandise

Wraith
25th August 2010, 12:52 PM
that's close to a lifetime of km for me, so it gets my vote

+ 1

For all those cases of lower usage vehicles, the "life time period" of the warranty term would be fantastic !!! that would certainly have applied to something like my vert which will probably take several life times to reach 160,000km travelled distance LOL :)

The good thing about all of this is that it will create competition amongst the car manufacturers and hopefully we'll see better warranty deals from other manufacturers as well...Jap and Korean brands are already doing well with 5 or 10 year warranty plans, some of the 'so called' better quality Euro manufacturers need to pick up their act ;)

Wraith
25th August 2010, 12:56 PM

LOL :lol:

Adam will buy another one eventually :)

hazrd
25th August 2010, 01:00 PM

Adam will buy another one eventually :)

thinking of buying a white one thats 95% rebuilt and will just sit it in my driveway for a couple of years :p

ill never become one of them ;) after all, Ange's and mine (now someone elses) are one of the most reliable V6's out there !!

Nurb608
25th August 2010, 04:13 PM
thinking of buying a white one thats 95% rebuilt and will just sit it in my driveway for a couple of years :p

Make an offer :D

poita
25th August 2010, 04:50 PM

nuggz for a night

Nurb608
25th August 2010, 05:06 PM
nuggz for a night

I get that for free already!

hazrd
25th August 2010, 05:21 PM
I get that for free already!

Nuggz for a week
Ur balls blue, guaranteed

Wraith
26th August 2010, 08:20 AM

ill never become one of them ;) after all, Ange's and mine (now someone elses) are one of the most reliable V6's out there !!

A 95% rebuilt white one ??? are you talking about a Cali ??? is it a V6er ??? I'll buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope we're talking about a Cali and not your car Rory :)

nuggz for a night

Nurb608
26th August 2010, 08:27 AM
Hope we're talking about a Cali and not your car Rory :)

lol, yeah, a cali thats been sitting out the front of my place for 2 1/2 years. It's just the 4 banger dizzy motor.

Ice
26th August 2010, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=sooty;604652]With the unreliability of some of their cars... /QUOTE]

Yet we still drive them and love them ! well i certainly love my Diesel.

Wraith
26th August 2010, 12:52 PM
lol, yeah, a cali thats been sitting out the front of my place for 2 1/2 years. It's just the 4 banger dizzy motor.

Damn bad luck for me then, i'm not keen on the atmo 16V or Cali T variants, I mean I like/love them all but V6 only for me when it comes to "owning" a Calibra :)

I'd definitely be keen to a buy a 95% or fully rebuilt (as in the whole car brought up to spec) Cali V6 would be so nice to have one that new again - not keen or wanting to do it myself though...

Actually didn't realise you had a Cali sitting there, must've missed that somwhere along the way Rory LOL, so how far off are you with completion of this one and is it a full car rebuild or mechanically only ?? :)

Wraith
26th August 2010, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=sooty;604652]With the unreliability of some of their cars... /QUOTE]

Absolutely...:)

Wouldn't give up the last 8 years of ownership of my Cali and the last 6 years of ownership of my TS vert up untill now for anything - love em both ! :thumbs:

Luckily though the Calis' been good, might well have been a case of hate if it had of given me any sign of grief it has given to so many other owners - fingers crossed :)

Nurb608
26th August 2010, 01:41 PM
Actually didn't realise you had a Cali sitting there, must've missed that somwhere along the way Rory LOL, so how far off are you with completion of this one and is it a full car rebuild or mechanically only ?? :)

It was just a top end rebuild which most has already been done thanks to the brotek guys. Just the fiddly bits to put back on but just trying to find the drive to complete it.

nuggz
26th August 2010, 02:21 PM
It was just a top end rebuild which most has already been done thanks to the brotek guys. Just the fiddly bits to put back on but just trying to find the drive to complete it.

ill give you a special dance when you do...

2002_XC
26th August 2010, 03:21 PM
ill give you a special dance when you do...

ill hire him an e cup hooker

2002_XC
26th August 2010, 03:25 PM
ill hire him an e cup hooker

quoted to show how serious i am :lol:

Wraith
26th August 2010, 04:58 PM

Ah ok...

Was hoping for a full build back to stock original and brand new condition, would absolutely love that :)

sooty
26th August 2010, 08:11 PM
Can't wait to see the back of mine! roll on dec/jan

Ice
26th August 2010, 08:18 PM

lol, i cant help but feel Holden have something to do with that ! dickheads !

lithium
27th August 2010, 11:35 AM
lifetime warranty ftw...as said above if you don't put many kms on and like buying new cars, you really can't go wrong. quality of the cars isn't much of a issue when you get free repairs for so many years!

woot :yesnod: what's the plan for a replacement?