PDA

View Full Version : Tomtom app updated!!!

ROCCO
15th August 2010, 07:56 PM
Just a quick post I know alot of you use the TomTom App for iphone...well an update has been done...currently version is 1.4.1...me likey...that is all

03srit
15th August 2010, 07:57 PM
do you know whats been added?

ROCCO
15th August 2010, 07:59 PM
What's new in Version 1.4.1
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY UPGRADED TO APPLE IOS 4:
- And have not yet installed Version 1.4, YOU MUST INSTALL THIS LATEST TOMTOM UPDATE (VERSION 1.4.1) IN ORDER TO CONTINUE USING THE APP, or

- Have recently installed Version 1.4, this update restores the customized settings you may have entered (e.g. favorite addresses, recent destinations, preferences) in previous versions of the TomTom app.

THIS VERSION OF THE TOMTOM APP COMES WITH THE FOLLOWING NEW FEATURES:

- SEAMLESS NAVIGATION WHILE CALLING (iPhone 3GS only): See continuous visual instructions, even when you are on a call, so you still find your way. Now making and answering calls safely won't slow you down.

- NEW, UPDATED MAPS: Because on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom app comes with the latest and most up-to-date map, ready to navigate. No mobile signal or data plan is required to browse your map and navigate to your destination.

- BACKGROUND NAVIGATION INSTRUCTIONS (iPhone 3GS & iPod touch 3rd Gen. only): Lets you see other apps on your screen while still receiving spoken turn-by-turn instructions.

- ROUTE SHARING: Share your route details with your contacts via email. Keep friends and family up to date with your plans.

- DEPARTURE REMINDER: Added to your calendar, departure reminders make you aware of when you need to get on the road.

- ECO ROUTES: Save money and reduce your impact on the environment by driving with these more fuel-efficient Eco Routes.

- CAR SYMBOLS: Personalize the car symbol on your driving screen. Choose from a range of car icons and symbols.

03srit
15th August 2010, 08:05 PM
sounds good.. ill update soon.. cheers

ROCCO
15th August 2010, 08:17 PM
I'm also currently working on adding custom voices to this app too...stay tuned!

hazrd
15th August 2010, 08:30 PM
got it last week... looks pretty good

I'm also currently working on adding custom voices to this app too...stay tuned!

how do u add voices? through winscp???

ROCCO
15th August 2010, 08:35 PM
To change the voices....

1. Select the celebrity voice "dataxx.chk" & dataxx.vif" from the folder and copy to desktop.

2. Rename the files to one of those found in the TomTom app. They start at "data00.chk" and "data00.vif" and go up to about 60. the data00" files are those of "Dansk - Brigitte". I haven't checked the rest.

3. SSH into your iPhone and find the TomTom application folder.
Once in the TomTom folder got to the folder "voices". On my iPhone it was located in "private/ver/mobile/applications/xxxxxxxx-xxxx-x....../US-Canada app/voices"

4. Drag your newly renames files from your desktop into the voices folder on your iphone. You will be prompted if you want to overwrite. I did. But you might want to make a backup of the originals before you do.

5. Now you can open your TomTom app on your iPhone and go to Settings then voices. If you used the file names with "00" then you can select the voice of "Dansk - Brigitte" and low and behold you will have your celebrity voice.

* I've only tried it with one voice, Homer Simpson (data74.chk & data74.vif) and changing the file names to overwrire the "Dansk - Brigitte voice" (data00.chk & data00.vif).
Maybe as you find what the other numbered files relate to (data01.chk , etc...) you could post here so people will know what they are overwriting.