PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheel repair kit

tezarity
15th August 2010, 07:35 PM
Hey guys,
Just about to purchase this scratch repair kit to use on one of the wheels that i have just bought. (Gutter rash)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Alloy-Wheel-Rim-Scuffs-and-Scrapes-Repair-Kit-NEW-/380201868922?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories

Just wondering if anyones had any good experiences with these or know of a better product?

Cheers

Jerram
15th August 2010, 08:51 PM
I used that product once. To be honest the rims i used them on were
1. Mirror Chrome finish (so it wasn't really the right product (but hey i was a cheap uni student at the time)
and
2. Beyond hope - they had massive gutter rash

but to be honest, I couldn't complain about the job they did - the filler fills, the colouring colours as close as it can to orig., and the sealant seals.

guy 27
15th August 2010, 09:22 PM
At that price go to super cheap, buy some sand paper, primer filler and a couple of cans of colour of your choice.

I did mine in orange using all the above for the low price of $15.

willhouse
15th August 2010, 09:35 PM
At that price go to super cheap, buy some sand paper, primer filler and a couple of cans of colour of your choice.

I did mine in orange using all the above for the low price of $15.

Thats cheap! Ha ha nice colour choice too...original!
I bought one of those kits, but have been too scared to attack my alloys..

metry
15th August 2010, 10:32 PM
hmmm. looks interesting. seriously when i went to lebanon my grandmas zafira went in for service so dad gave her my car and now 3 of my rims have slight gutter rash :(

tezarity
15th August 2010, 11:05 PM
Thats cheap! Ha ha nice colour choice too...original!
I bought one of those kits, but have been too scared to attack my alloys..

I thought you said these things were supposed to be great.

tomtom
15th August 2010, 11:33 PM
It all comes down to the paint that you put on it. If its mismatched, it wont matter how good the filler material/clear material is - it'll look shit.