PDA

View Full Version : New Camera - Random pics

cobey
14th August 2010, 05:21 PM
After seeing Jimbow86's pics and recommendations for his camera i decided stuff it and went and bought one Cannon Eos 450d once bought i realised i am clueless when it comes to photography. Im learning slowly out of about 100 pics there are only a few that are good enough to share.

astra in oz
14th August 2010, 06:08 PM
Nice Pics... I too am in the same boat... Purchased a Canon EOS 1000d last weekend.... And it would appear I know nothing... Not surprising but the good part is I can take a bazillion pics and the delete button is my friend...600 pics since last weekend...

poita
14th August 2010, 06:57 PM
best way to learn ;)

get out there and use it

ChrisMaz
15th August 2010, 03:58 AM
Lucky those Canon Eos' know how to make a crap picture look good. :p

They are some pretty good pictures mate. They'll only get better. Enjoy it!

JMZ
15th August 2010, 02:29 PM
After seeing Jimbow86's pics and recommendations for his camera i decided stuff it and went and bought one Cannon Eos 450d once bought i realised i am clueless when it comes to photography. Im learning slowly out of about 100 pics there are only a few that are good enough to share.

Don't be ashamed at being clueless about photography, we all are at the beginning! The best thing about our cameras is that a well trained monkey can use them. The auto functions do what they're supposed to and the user manual is easy to understand!

You've picked up photography 101's basic rule of thirds. 1/3 foreground, 1/3 object and 1/3 background and that's where it all starts!

Tip 1: Take photos of your car on overcast days. In queensland where overcast days are hard to come by, adjust the ISO setting to a lower number so the camera captures less light (around 200-400).

Tip 2: Waterfalls look fantastic when you can't see a single droplet of water falling......weird huh? What you're aiming for is a sheet-like effect of the water falling by slowing the shutter speed down. Approximate the time it takes for the water to fall to the bottom, round up to the the nearest whole second and that should be a good start point for the shutter speed (getting slower from there).

Eg:

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab288/jimbow86/Water%20Photography/waterfallexample.jpg

PaulyJ
26th August 2010, 09:58 PM
Best way as Poita said, get out and learn.
Use online tutorials to get the basics, but just keep practicing.
If you want any tips, just let me know