PDA

View Full Version : Sale Section?

EAS51
13th August 2010, 01:28 PM
Hey guys and girls.
Don't know if this is even the right place to ask this but anyways i got a question or more.

What is with most of the for sale people, I've sent Private messages to more then just One person about their items. But never seem to receive anything back..

Same with just posting in their for sale topic. They don't reply very fast.

Is there a reason for this ? Or just the people selling the items don't check their topics very often?

adam_92
13th August 2010, 01:31 PM
check when they were last active. they may have not been on the forum for a while

EAS51
13th August 2010, 01:51 PM
Yesterday 06:37PMHmmm seems as they're active

adam_92
13th August 2010, 02:06 PM
oh right then. you do know that all posts in the for sale thread have to be approved by admin/moderators first ?

hazrd
13th August 2010, 02:57 PM
anything that is posted in the for sale threads need to be approved by an admin first... the admins arent on here 24/7 unfortunately so it can sometimes take a little time for a post to be added to the thread

one thing ive found in some of my for sale threads, is i need to manually go back in and check the thread from time to time, because it doesnt update in the "new posts" section when a post is approved.

as for the PM's, the user gets a popup saying they have a PM so they have no excuse there :p

EAS51
13th August 2010, 04:08 PM
anything that is posted in the for sale threads need to be approved by an admin first... the admins arent on here 24/7 unfortunately so it can sometimes take a little time for a post to be added to the thread

one thing ive found in some of my for sale threads, is i need to manually go back in and check the thread from time to time, because it doesnt update in the "new posts" section when a post is approved.

as for the PM's, the user gets a popup saying they have a PM so they have no excuse there :p

Yeah i know all about the admin approving in the for sale section. Already has been accepted in the for sale section (my post) It's about the grilles for daaaaaaavek.

Yeah i've noticed that aswell. it doesn't come up as new posts. Which is somewhat frustrating and annoying. If a post is done it should be moved to the top instead of where it was.. :S.

Hmmm when i get PM's i don't get Pop Up's with mine.. I just get a 1 next to notifications up the top right. But i don't even usually see that because i scroll straight away.. Bah annoying..
Few bugs with the site..
Maybe this should be in the suggestions part.

metry
13th August 2010, 04:17 PM
yeh i pmed him about the badges a week ago.

2002_XC
13th August 2010, 04:22 PM
Yeah i know all about the admin approving in the for sale section. Already has been accepted in the for sale section (my post) It's about the grilles for daaaaaaavek.

Yeah i've noticed that aswell. it doesn't come up as new posts. Which is somewhat frustrating and annoying. If a post is done it should be moved to the top instead of where it was.. :S.

Hmmm when i get PM's i don't get Pop Up's with mine.. I just get a 1 next to notifications up the top right. But i don't even usually see that because i scroll straight away.. Bah annoying..
Few bugs with the site..

The pop up when you get a new pm is a setting in your general settings part

sooty
13th August 2010, 04:44 PM

Few bugs with the site..

A seller isn't a shop, they've no responsibility to get back to you, if they want to sell you the item, they will, if they don't get back to you, that's their problem! Got nothing to do with OA as a site.
You not seeing your private messages is also not a reflection on the site, as kylie said, it's an option in your settings.
There are very few bugs with the site, and you haven't actually made any suggestions of how to improve what you consider bugs.
If you found an article in the trading post, called their mobile, but got no answer....would you complain to the trading post?

EAS51
14th August 2010, 09:39 AM
A seller isn't a shop, they've no responsibility to get back to you, if they want to sell you the item, they will, if they don't get back to you, that's their problem! Got nothing to do with OA as a site.
You not seeing your private messages is also not a reflection on the site, as kylie said, it's an option in your settings.
There are very few bugs with the site, and you haven't actually made any suggestions of how to improve what you consider bugs.
If you found an article in the trading post, called their mobile, but got no answer....would you complain to the trading post?

I didn't make this to be a flame thread or anything.. I made this simply to find out if the contact is even getting to the Seller. I didn't say that it was to do with OA either.. I said that new posts should be moved to the top in the for sale section.
Thankyou to "Kylie" For stating that is in my general settings. I will go look at that and change that setting.
I did make a suggestion.. New posts in the for sale section - should be moved to the top. :S.
This has nothing to do with the trading post. If i couldn't contact them through there number oh well..
The Item i wish to buy says Contact via PM.. And have received nothing.

This wasn't intended to be any kind of flame thread or Fight thread. Close it if you desire.

2002_XC
14th August 2010, 10:09 AM
its ok dude, if you dont ask, you dont know. have you got your settings to subscribe automatically when you post in it? if you do, if there is a reply, you either recieve an email or it will show up in your control panel.

Unfortunately, some people dont reply as quickly as others, just be vigilant.

Ain likes playing devils advocate, he was only trying to explain it in different terms, unfortunately, tone doesnt convey well in written form.

hope we have helped, and hope you get a reply soon

EAS51
14th August 2010, 01:47 PM
its ok dude, if you dont ask, you dont know. have you got your settings to subscribe automatically when you post in it? if you do, if there is a reply, you either recieve an email or it will show up in your control panel.

Unfortunately, some people dont reply as quickly as others, just be vigilant.

Ain likes playing devils advocate, he was only trying to explain it in different terms, unfortunately, tone doesnt convey well in written form.

hope we have helped, and hope you get a reply soon

Yes i think i've been helped.. Thankyou.. Yeah i guess it's just a waiting game.

sooty
14th August 2010, 03:27 PM
Sorry if you took it the wrong way mate, but as kylie said, just putting a different view on things. Too many people complain about OA and tiny niggles not realising the effort it takes Brady and Pete to adjust them (not saying you are complaining)
Here's hoping the seller gets back to you soon! The only reason pm's wouldn't work is if their inbox is too full (which the system will inform you of). Other than that the seller probably hasn't got to reading them, or had the time to reply yet.
Best of luck!

willhouse
15th August 2010, 05:13 PM
have you got your settings to subscribe automatically when you post in it?

Forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but where in the settings is this? Ive looked everywhere, cant find it!
Thanks

EAS51
15th August 2010, 05:21 PM
Forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but where in the settings is this? Ive looked everywhere, cant find it!
Thanks

Use this thread for instance. If you wish to subscribe to it.

Above my first post. There is like a options bar.
Go to the Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread...

willhouse
15th August 2010, 05:45 PM
Ahh, too easy! Thanks