PDA

View Full Version : total closure - lights stay on when lock & unlock

vectra_
10th August 2010, 11:24 PM
hi everyone...
ive been tryin to do this, i thought it was an option that you could program it on VECTRA's but i went to holden and asked if they could do it they told me that there wasnt anything like that....
still they pluged in tech2 and looked for it but the guy didnt seem to no anything about vectras...:out:

now, i heard that i can get something called total closure which i dont no what it is can do this delay thing..i dont no where to get it from :s and is it safe??

ChrisMaz
10th August 2010, 11:47 PM
Can't be done for lights. Total closure is only for windows.

adam_92
11th August 2010, 12:28 AM
total closure is basically when you deadlock your car by pressing the lock button twice the windows will go up if you have left them down. but if you hold the lock button down on the vectras the windows will go up. same as if you hold the open button the windows will go down. and also when you turn your car off before you step out you can flash your main beam and that activates the headlights for a minute or so. hopw this helps you

ChrisMaz
11th August 2010, 12:32 AM
What he said ^

What I first thought of was like the commodore total closure. If you leave the lights on and lock the car. The lights will turn off. If you unlock the car with the lights still in the on position, then the lights will come on. I think its an excellent thing to have, but as before. The vectra just doesn't have it.

vectra_
11th August 2010, 02:21 AM
http://www.totalclosure.com/Products.html

found this on google..it says that the lights can be delayed ? :s confused..

ChrisMaz
11th August 2010, 02:23 AM
Just looking at that picture, which is a Vectra B tells me thats not it.

Plus the Key FOB they display is for a Vectra B.

vectra_
11th August 2010, 02:25 AM
hım...so it wont suit to vectra c ...
should send an email and ask ?

ChrisMaz
11th August 2010, 02:41 AM
I'm 98% sure it won't work for the C's. Email them just to confirm though. Thats if the website is still live.

vectra_
11th August 2010, 02:45 AM
i sent an mail, ill post it here when i get a reply...
then is there a way of doing this ? headlights come on when unlock and stay on for a while when you lock it... :s

vectra_
11th August 2010, 05:47 PM
Hello,

This may be possable but i haven't had the chance to do one on a vec c yet, I have sent a unit off to someone as they wanted a unit for there astra h but they haven't got back to me yet to say if it fits or not yet.

I will try and get back to the other person to find out it they have fitted it yet.

David

this is the mail he sent me...his gna let me no if he can do it on a vectra c

Vectramatic
16th August 2010, 05:00 PM
I wish I could get my Vectra B to do some of that funky stuff.....

Pogo
16th November 2010, 04:40 PM
Hi,
The delay headlamps off certainly works on ZC Vectra CDXi, and I think on other levels. All that is required is :
- open the door
- remove the key from ignition
- pull the turn signal level towards the steering wheel.

The low beam and reversing lamps will stay on for 30 secs. If the door is left open they will stay on for two minutes. To turn lights off earlier, put key back into ignition.
Pogo