PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys, here comes the rookie of the rookies.

sharkrules
6th August 2010, 04:57 PM
Hi everyone

Having been on this forum for quite a long time and posted several stupid rookie questions, I finally thought it could be a chance to introduce myself in this section.

Firstly, please pardon my any english grammar or spelling mistakes (not a native english-speaker:hand:). Secondly, I am the kind of rookie who really knows nothing about cars (If you take some time to read my previous posts, you will find out what I mean. Yet I do know that water should never be used to 'wash' the inside of engine). However, I have to say that I am a huge fan of Astra.To be honest, I once made up my mind that no matter what it costs, I have to own an Astra G before leaving this country.

So, since this will be my final year in australia, finally I bought a manual 2000 TS Astra (but with a Z18XE engine, so might also be a 2001 version, manufactured on Nov 2000) with no mods, some light scratches, fairly low KMs (76,500 currently) at a reasonable (or should I say, fairly low) price. Finally, dream comes true.

At last, I have to say that OpelAUS is a fascinating forum. Everyone here is warm-hearted and willing to help. I can't find out any forum in Australia which is good as OA. It's good to be an OA member.

Cheers
Yuyu

sooty
6th August 2010, 05:10 PM
Glad you're enjoying the forum mate, and I can't really fault your English at all so don't worry on that count! (not that it would matter anyway)

guy 27
6th August 2010, 05:25 PM
Welcome to OA.

03srit
6th August 2010, 05:30 PM
Welcome mate.. Pity you'll be leaving soon.. Enjoy the astra as much as you can..

boorny88
6th August 2010, 05:33 PM
welcome mate enjoy and ain saying he cant fault your english is a gd thing he usually picks out every ones mistakes haha

poita
6th August 2010, 05:48 PM
Welcome along to the forum mate, glad your finding the forum helpful.
Don't worry about the noobie questions, we all had to start somewhere.
As for your English, well it's better than most peoples here, hey Boorny :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boorny88
6th August 2010, 05:58 PM
yes pete your right with that one but im the first to admit i got bad spelling and that haha

btm
9th August 2010, 02:57 PM
welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase!

delemonte
10th August 2010, 01:55 PM
Welcome to the site mate and I hope the Astra turns out to be everything you hoped it would be.

metry
10th August 2010, 11:04 PM
welcome to the forum.

PS88
10th August 2010, 11:24 PM
WELCOME to the Forum 'Yuyu'

sharkrules
24th August 2010, 01:02 AM
Wow, I really did not expect so many replies. Cheers Mates :)

Been busy with my university assignments these days. Reading, reading and more reading. Since I have finished one out of three, I guess it could be a good chance to have a short break. :)

Milesy
5th September 2010, 08:27 PM
Welcome to OA. Good choice of chariot and I'm sure you will enjoy it for the rest of your stay here!

ledgend
6th September 2010, 08:18 PM
g day matey glad to hear you had a win with the astra maybe you need more cruise time enjoy

tezarity
6th September 2010, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the club.
Your England not so bad man