PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Volt pricing announced in US

poita
28th July 2010, 07:26 AM
So GM have announced pricing for the new Volt

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/27/2011-chevrolet-volt-priced-at-41-000-or-350-month-for-3-year-lease/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/07/2011chevyvoltnew000opt.jpg

General Motors' recently hired vice-president for sales and marketing Joel Ewanick took the stage at the Plug-In 2010 conference in San Jose, CA today and finally revealed that the 2011 Chevrolet Volt will have a base price of $41,000 (including a $720 destination charge) before federal and state tax incentives. While GM hasn't gone as aggressive as most people had hoped on the sticker price, the real deal appears to be the $350 per month for 36 months lease. That matches the monthly payment that Nissan is charging for the Leaf EV.

The effective purchase price of the Volt will be cut to $33,500 with a $7,500 federal tax credit (hence the asterisk in the title), but buyers will have to finance the $41,000 and get the credit back on their next tax return. Lease customers will have the credit factored in to their payment. The Volt lease requires a $2,500 down payment (vs $2,000 for the Leaf), but GM is including a clause in the lease contract that allows leasers to buy the car at the end of their term so that the automaker don't have another standoff with customers like it did with the all-electric EV1. Follow the jump to learn more about the Volt's price and how the order process will go, but first take our informal poll below.

btm
28th July 2010, 08:09 AM
seem high to anyone else?

sooty
28th July 2010, 08:30 AM
A little, but it's due to the cost of constituents and manufacturing of the batteries. I guess it depends on how many km people do and the fuel price as to whether it's viable

gmonkey
28th July 2010, 09:12 AM
Shit...

gmonkey
28th July 2010, 09:16 AM
"hello I'd like a car that looks like a bad version of the daewoo cruize. Yes thankyou that's right, also I found that engine about lairy and noisey can I have an underpowered electric motor in it instead, preferably one with batteries that will expire just after warranty. Hmm yes I don't mind paying a small fortune equal to that of European car purely cause you know that people will pay that kind of money cause of the hype behind it. Ohh and one last thing... Does it come in brown?"

poita
28th July 2010, 09:25 AM
their is a $7,500 gov rebate on it, but still

$33k is a bit steep.

in saying that its the same price as this

Nissan Leaf

http://www.hangiotomobil.com/news/nissan-leaf-3.jpg

http://www.nissan-carz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Nissan-leaf-new.jpg

gmonkey
28th July 2010, 09:30 AM
The leaf ugliest car ahahah but I do like that interior!

btm
28th July 2010, 09:31 AM
that leaf is fugly as!

gmonkey
28th July 2010, 09:31 AM
Just me or is the logo close to the quiktime loading symbol :p in the leaf

Wraith
28th July 2010, 12:17 PM

Bloody hell...sure does to me !

Remember that's USD pricing...

Normally or usually that's x2 or more the price of equivelant cars here in Aust.

In terms of looks, I actually don't mind that part of it :)

jastra
28th July 2010, 01:53 PM
Can see how strongly you feel about this particular car Brent :p

gmonkey
28th July 2010, 01:58 PM
I do wish we had car leases but... $350 a month for 3years is awesome when u think about it.. New car warranty = 3yrs. You get a new car everytime your warranty goes out! Or you buy the car out after at real cheap prices

jastra
28th July 2010, 02:17 PM
I do wish we had car leases but... $350 a month for 3years is awesome when u think about it.. New car warranty = 3yrs. You get a new car everytime your warranty goes out! Or you buy the car out after at real cheap prices
We do, my dads merc is on a 5 year lease but it's alot more than 350 a month lol :p

ChrisMaz
28th July 2010, 02:23 PM
Can see how strongly you feel about this particular car Brent :p

Didn't you hear? Brentons going to slap a chevy badge on the astra.

O.T

Front looks a little like the Ampera, rest of the car looks like a prius. RANK and over priced

gmonkey
28th July 2010, 02:26 PM
We do, my dads merc is on a 5 year lease but it's alot more than 350 a month lol :p

I imagine it's business lease but yeh not personal

boorny88
28th July 2010, 02:52 PM
i would only every buy an electric or semi electric when the batteries aint as much as the car and when they start getting 800kms from a charge

ChrisMaz
28th July 2010, 02:59 PM
If I had the money i'd buy a tesla. But even then, massively pricey for what it is.

Also just occured to me, why are GM producing two different Electric cars? Surely they could survive with one and just change badging as they usually do.

jastra
28th July 2010, 03:27 PM
Didn't you hear? Brentons going to slap a chevy badge on the astra.

O.T

Front looks a little like the Ampera, rest of the car looks like a prius. RANK and over priced
dear me, thats worse than chev badges on a VE lol i bet if he did it would b a carbon fiber one :P
about the ampera thats exactly what i thought... lol

I imagine it's business lease but yeh not personal
yeh thats true...