PDA

View Full Version : key battery died

vectra_
28th July 2010, 01:23 AM
hi people...my key battery died and what battery do i replace it with? is there a specific battery? because when you put it in to ignition it should start charging the battery.. :s

ChrisMaz
28th July 2010, 01:38 AM
Nope. Its just your general sized watch battery. Didn't think car keys ever got charged via the ignition.

vectra_
28th July 2010, 01:47 AM
okk then ill get it changed tmorrow..is there anything that i have to be ware of while changing the battery..?

yeh its charging while its in the ignition..

ChrisMaz
28th July 2010, 02:09 AM
Nah its literally pop out, new one straight in. Boom done

vectra_
28th July 2010, 02:29 AM
cool(:

JohnBu
28th July 2010, 10:30 AM
yeh its charging while its in the ignition..

in a BMW, but not in vectra.

$2 battery.

I purchased about 20 of them from dealextreme.com for about $5. I've used about 2 so far lol.

vectra_
28th July 2010, 06:09 PM
ive got it for 7$ changed it today

stevedee3
28th July 2010, 11:00 PM
Didn't think car keys ever got charged via the ignition.Not certain, but I think VZ and earlier Commodore keys are charged via the ignition.

Greg K
29th July 2010, 10:50 AM
hi people...my key battery died and what battery do i replace it with? is there a specific battery? because when you put it in to ignition it should start charging the battery.. :s

from memory, it only charges whilst in the ignition if the lock/unlock button is pressed. But having said that, the charge never lasted long when I had my veccy.

also, if the battery died and the battery isnt replaced within half and hour, the fob needs to be re-programmed to the central locking ecu via a tech II.

AfterBurner
29th July 2010, 12:21 PM
It's i lithium battery, therefore impossible to recharge...

As for the battery going flat, it will not lose it's memory as it's hardcoded onto the chip inside the fob itself, you simply need to re-pair it with the ignition on, by pressing the lock or unlock button, you know when it's working as the doors will lock.