PDA

View Full Version : Hyperdrive Console Cockpit Simulator System. Any good?

dieselhead
26th July 2010, 10:47 PM
I'm thinking to buy one of these to use with my XBOX 360 (http://hyperdrive.cart.net.au/store/hyperdrive-bundle-1.html) in front of a big arse LCD to play Forza 3. Worth $260 delivered? Any better options for this kind of money?

poita
26th July 2010, 10:49 PM
$260 sounds pretty expensive, when we had them at work they where under $200 from memory

a little flimsy tbh.

also mounting the wheel can be a pita, since the top is fairly thin.

dieselhead
26th July 2010, 10:54 PM
The barren plastic seat one is $200. I need some padding though for me old bones... How flimsy are they?

Benny81
26th July 2010, 11:39 PM
I ended up making my own by going to the wrecker - getting a seat from a Commodore including the rails for $50 and making up a frame to suit. Sure it wasnt high class quality but was adjustable

poita
26th July 2010, 11:42 PM
The barren plastic seat one is $200. I need some padding though for me old bones... How flimsy are they?

the 'cushion' isnt much at all. you'd be better off getting some phone from Clark Rubber to suit you.

as for flimsy, now i think of it the last one we had got moved around heaps and i think we broke it tbh lol

ROCCO
28th July 2010, 10:40 PM
getting some phone from Clark Rubber to suit you.

Well phark me thats a new one Poita....I didn't know Clark Rubber sold Phones.....I knew they sold FOAM ;-)

MAD-16V
29th July 2010, 07:48 AM
Is that plate just spot welded on where the wheel mounts?

Man I would break that thing off with one drift lap at the Eiger :)