PDA

View Full Version : run out of ideas

bender
26th July 2010, 06:10 PM
as some of you know i wrote off the astra and i had personalised plates and when i wrote it off i took my plates as most people would

then when i got my new car i got them transfered on to the commo, the about 6 weeks after i did on my way home from work one day i got pulled over as most p platers do for a non random check and they told me that my plates were still regesterd to the astra my reaction was wtf you sent me a rego sticker saying they are registered to this car, the officer was for once very nice and said ohk no worries and that to just head down to qld transport and have a double check,

so the next arvo i went down and spent 45 mins waiting to get told that no sir they are registered to your commodore and i said sweet no worries and on i went

then that saturday night i got pulled over again on the way home from the drags for another non random check where they went over my car from top to bottom and found nothing till im about too leave and they say sir where did you get these plates and i tell em about what happened 2 nights before where he then lead to interigate me saying that he could fine e for driving an un registered vehical and shit like that twenty minutes later he let me go with a warning as a group of vikies road past,

so the next monday i went down to qld transport again waited anothr 30 mins in line to get told that they are deffinantly registered to the commo and that the police computer must be wrong, so i got a full print out of my car details, so the next day i left work early to go down to the local police station to show them the piece of paper showing them about the details , and to say the least the lady was a rude bit*h and just said well if qld transport says it is it must be right not even checking on there computer or anything,

so pissed of i left and went home told the olds what happened, so the next day mum went down and got the best of service with the man being more then helpful checking and sending the details over again and saying that if i have anymore troubles with poilice to give him a call on his personal mobile number,

now fast forward 5 weeks to today

dad dropped me off at work and took my car home and parked it out the front of my house as he usually does seen i dont have a licence, when he gets a knock on the door asking is that your car out the front sir, and he says no its my sons, they then tell him that my car is not registered to those plates and that its illegal to drive it and that he could face serious fines for driving it again, so he tells em about the sh*t i'd already been through, and they told him that in have to go down to qld transport again and tell em they are useless and to fix it,
:mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5:

so this afternoon i left work early again to go to qld transport to get told the same shit they told me lasttime and that the police are wrong

so here is my question wtf should i do now seen neither qld transport nor qld police want to help a 19 year old P Plater

and also why the hell are the police driving down a quiet coulder sack looking at regos

Nurb608
26th July 2010, 06:17 PM
Leave the printout from QLD Transport in your car to show them when you get pulled over. I'd also email the police department and ask for a reply in writing so you can keep that too. Go up the chain if you need to. As it is the responsability of QLD Transport to make sure the details are correct, there is nothing the police can do to you if you have it from them in writing.

hazrd
26th July 2010, 06:20 PM
you have a few options:

1. get a written report both from QLD TPT and the cop that was actually helpful, and leave them in the glovebox
2. have a statuatory declaration written out and signed therefore it becomes a legal document
3. wait for the cop to fine you, take it to court, and win, because it is in fact the pigs with no fuking brains (had to throw in a small rant there)

bender
26th July 2010, 06:25 PM
Leave the printout from QLD Transport in your car to show them when you get pulled over. I'd also email the police department and ask for a reply in writing so you can keep that too. Go up the chain if you need to. As it is the responsability of QLD Transport to make sure the details are correct, there is nothing the police can do to you if you have it from them in writing.

yeah dad showed em that and they said there computer still says it isn't and seen its been over a month since i got it printed out that apparently its not valid anymore

bender
26th July 2010, 06:26 PM
you have a few options:

1. get a written report both from QLD TPT and the cop that was actually helpful, and leave them in the glovebox
2. have a statuatory declaration written out and signed therefore it becomes a legal document
3. wait for the cop to fine you, take it to court, and win, because it is in fact the pigs with no fuking brains (had to throw in a small rant there)

this is what i want to happen but i cant really afford a lawyer on an apprentice wage

Nurb608
26th July 2010, 06:27 PM
Go with Adams second suggestion, stat dec, stating it used to be on the astra and is now on your current car.

bender
26th July 2010, 06:29 PM
Go with Adams second suggestion, stat dec, stating it used to be on the astra and is now on your current car.

yeah thats what i might try next my only worry is this sh*t better not void my insurence

hazrd
26th July 2010, 06:30 PM
or this ... a real shot in the dark...

see if any of the cops have the time to meet you at QLD TPT to sort it out...

Nurb608
26th July 2010, 06:32 PM

lol, funniest thing i've ever heard.........................oh wait, were you serious? lol

hazrd
26th July 2010, 06:41 PM
:lol:
yeah, can always try anything once...

Hoss
26th July 2010, 06:58 PM
It might be worth your while for you and your parents to speak to your local State member of parliament who may be able to have the matter resolved. Another option may be to call the office of the QLD Minister for Transport or the QLD Ombudsman. Possibly call a talk back radio station - they love incompetent administration. As already advised be sure to keep all the papers you are accumulating. Good luck.

bender
26th July 2010, 07:51 PM

well if i get as angry with them again tomorrow as i did today on the way home the'll probs call the police for me hehe

metry
27th July 2010, 12:07 AM
It might be worth your while for you and your parents to speak to your local State member of parliament who may be able to have the matter resolved. Another option may be to call the office of the QLD Minister for Transport or the QLD Ombudsman. Possibly call a talk back radio station - they love incompetent administration. As already advised be sure to keep all the papers you are accumulating. Good luck. Or acuurent affair.

btm
27th July 2010, 08:10 AM
what a nightmare... hope it all gets sorted out for you soon

SIMid
27th July 2010, 08:30 AM
Or accurent affair.

+1

Make sure your car is covered with club stickers, especially near the number plates. :p