PDA

View Full Version : Guy27

brc
23rd July 2010, 03:33 PM
Hello Everyone,

I would just first like to thank Guy for his recommendation on the mechanic (L.A Small Service Centre) in Caulfield (melb)

He has done an excellent job on my astra and he has been a very cost effective solution.

Things I notice this place did for me that no other mechanic I've ever met has:

He allowed me to do payment arrangements (even though I'd never been there)

He dropped a battery off at my house

Picked me up from my house in the morning to pick up the car (he lives a suburb or two away), even set the seat warmers on for me! :D (drove a BMW 318ci)

Was giving me actual friendly advise on my car, and things I should look out for (actually knew what he was talking about)

Gave me his mobile number if I have any problems

--

I would like to recommend them to anyone in Melbourne who has had some bad experiences with mechanics to give these guys a go. Never had better service!

I personally have had terrible luck with mechanics, but it looks like those days are now over.

Guy27, Thank you!

Bryce
(I've not PM'd you so that everyone can see my plug for the company)

Nurb608
23rd July 2010, 03:42 PM
Good news mate! Glad to see there are still mechanics around that will work on cars other than commodores and falcons.

brc
23rd July 2010, 03:57 PM
Good news mate! Glad to see there are still mechanics around that will work on cars other than commodores and falcons.

Only cars that were in his store were European. No commodores or falcons :P

CNBLU
23rd July 2010, 06:16 PM
What work did he do? Cost?

Sounds promising...

guy 27
23rd July 2010, 06:23 PM
Glad to hear you had a good experiance. Sent quite a few people to them and everyone has always been suprised by service and costs.

ROCCO
25th July 2010, 10:59 AM
website link

http://www.mechanic-caulfield.websyte.com.au/

brc
26th July 2010, 08:46 AM
What work did he do? Cost?

Sounds promising...

He did

Timing belt
Water pump
Fuel pump
Front + Rear pads
Machined Discs
Battery
Drive Belt + Pulleys
4 x Tires (second hand but 95%+ tread)

^
$1180.00

phatmax
26th July 2010, 09:01 PM
I called up and he quoted $88hr for labor...not bad considering that another well known place tried to charge me $110hr.

CNBLU
26th July 2010, 09:48 PM
most regular places will charge you $80 +gst

most performance places will be a little bit more than that

phatmax
27th July 2010, 10:04 PM
though i would love to be a fly on the wall at some places (not LA)..is 2 hours really 2 hours?...round it up and carry the 1. The interwebs is a great thing in nutting out the dodge.