PDA

View Full Version : Hello........again

Whitelotus
21st July 2010, 05:07 PM
So I had a turbo astra back about 3 years ago. Sold that. Had an old corolla that got writen off by some jerk that didnt want to stop behing me. So that brings me back to getting a 05' Astra CDX. Pretty happy with it. just one quick question on changing the headlight bulbs, how the hell do you get in there? remove whole headlight assembly? any tips would be great, thanks!!

Nurb608
21st July 2010, 05:10 PM
Welcome back mate :)

In regards to the headlight globes, there is a hatch in each of the wheel arches.

adam_92
21st July 2010, 05:18 PM
welcome back mate. good to see people arent forgetting about us haha

ROCCO
21st July 2010, 11:33 PM
G'day mate and welcome back...in regards to changing the bulbs in the H...like Nurb said there are panels but you'll find its easier to do with the wheel off...more room to move and more light :-)

btm
22nd July 2010, 08:28 AM
you sold the turbs for an old rolla???

welcome back :)

Whitelotus
24th July 2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah I did sell it to get a cheap run around, was a reliable car. Anyway good to be back with a astra. One other thing anyone here retro fitted some DRL? found some on ebay that would look cool just the wiring part to either pinch from the park lights or if anyone is more into car electrics could help out how to wire them so they turn on and off with the ignition. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160450506737&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Whitelotus
3rd October 2010, 09:55 AM
Well, Ive been shit out of luck so to speak, last friday my astra got T boned, insurance wrote it off (thanks old man for hitting me) So I picked up another astra 07 model, metalic silver I think, it changes shade of colour in light. Bit of a pain but yeah at least I got a bit of an upgrade.

gmonkey
4th October 2010, 01:26 AM
Sorry to hear mate rip astra... And congrats on the new one :p

Also u okay? No injuries or anything?

Whitelotus
10th October 2010, 12:50 PM
No Injuries,just was seething with fury at the time. As I just had put new brakes rego etc on it a week before. But Im all good and so is the new astra :D

metry
10th October 2010, 01:32 PM
No Injuries,just was seething with fury at the time. As I just had put new brakes rego etc on it a week before. But Im all good and so is the new astra :D

always the way mate. my grandmas astra was written off after we changed the timing bel, water pump, radiator and replaced all the tyres. its so annoying cause the insurance company doesnt look at these factors when writng off the car and paying you out

Whitelotus
11th October 2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah I know it sux, but the car can be replaced when it comes down to it...