PDA

View Full Version : the finished product...

wishbone
12th October 2004, 10:17 AM
:D :D :D :D :D
alas! after 3 days of sanding, priming and painting.. i have finished my front spoiler.
i had some troubles with a few scratches on it due to myself hitting it into the brick wall a few months ago.
but it turned out fine.
tonight i will sand it again wit 1200 wet. becuase its still a lil bit rippley
but i saved myself about 100 dollars and did it myself for about 50 bucks.

heres the finished product.

wishbone
12th October 2004, 10:18 AM
i know.. it abit wonky right now..i have to glue the middle :P

Dee
12th October 2004, 10:18 AM
woohhoo that looks a lot better than the black.. is the rest of your car colour coded?

wishbone
12th October 2004, 10:19 AM
yep sure is cept for the side mirrors
and eyelids should be coming soon

RK
12th October 2004, 10:24 AM
That looks alright.
Though i kinda like the black :oops:

Anonymous
12th October 2004, 11:02 AM
man looks awosme great job youve done there

wishbone
12th October 2004, 07:21 PM
can i put a clear coat on white?
i know most whites dont have one

Mitch
12th October 2004, 07:29 PM
Not a fan of it. Although the black looked better, made it look like a factory fit.

Shazza
12th October 2004, 11:39 PM
get rid of the lip... too much rice mate!

R3N
13th October 2004, 12:05 AM
get rid of the lip... too much rice mate!

Don't listen to them. It looks good and keep up the good work

and Shazza, I suggest you look up the difference between what is rice and what isn't before commenting, don't like it? then keep it to yourself!!

Blitzkrieg
13th October 2004, 12:20 AM
Looks like you're all set for Bathurst 1000 mate.

Seriously though mate, if you care about what others think you're going to end up with an unoriginal car which even you won't appreciate. Mod it following your tastes, can't please everyone.

Michael

wishbone
13th October 2004, 12:31 AM
no worries mate.. i try keep that in mind

Anonymous
13th October 2004, 07:38 AM
if there is something i have learnt on this forum its to respect other peoples rides, and i still say it looks awsome like that

Shazza
13th October 2004, 04:01 PM
Don't listen to them. It looks good and keep up the good work

and Shazza, I suggest you look up the difference between what is rice and what isn't before commenting, don't like it? then keep it to yourself!!

hey jimbo (R3N), u think ur so smart, tell me what the purpose of this thread is? The guy shows us his front spoiler, and what he's done.... so what's supposed to happen next? Everyone is supposed to like it and say it looks good? In my opinion, and thats what forums are about, stating ur opinion... I dont like it! So I voiced my opinion!

Why is it that the rest of you ppl can voice that you like his mod, but because I dont like it, and I say so... I have to get a slap on the wrist by some clown like urself? Who the hell are you to tell me what I can, and can't say?

If this forum is supposed to be all rosey, and full of crap, then u are all lying to urselves and each other.

I don't like the front bar, simple as that! I'm not going to lie and say I like it... thats just rubbish!

And |OPEL| its got nothing to do with respecting other ppl or their rides, I've got the highest respect for ppl on this forum, ppl who actually state facts, and voice their true opinions... I dont think u voice ur true opinion if u keep telling everyone you like their ride, because you respect their ride! If you don't like something, just say you don't like it!

Lets see how long it takes for you guys to go cry to the mods about this post becuase I've ruined your rosey, lovey dovey discussion! :lol:

Anonymous
13th October 2004, 04:07 PM
can i put a clear coat on white?
i know most whites dont have one

Yes you can Clear over White :)
Just depend on what Paint System you use,
If its 2K,Enamel, Acyrlic or Spray Can than its a Solid Colour
But if its Clear over Base, Then it HAS TO Have Clear over the Top because Base Coat is Soft and just Flake off.

But I like It :D
Now ya just Need Bigger Wheels :twisted:

Mitch
13th October 2004, 04:07 PM
I agree with Shazza. He put photos up of his car so obviously people are going to state their opinion whether he likes it or not.

Shazza
13th October 2004, 04:49 PM
I agree with Shazza. He put photos up of his car so obviously people are going to state their opinion whether he likes it or not.

Thanks Mitch... I rest my case! :)

break
13th October 2004, 04:56 PM
Sorry, but I just don't like the spoiler to begin with.

You've obviously put some work into the finish, but I just don't like the look of the spoiler.

OPL-20T
13th October 2004, 05:07 PM
i have to agree with a few of the guys where . im not a fan as well :(..
sorry. but if the end result is that ur happy with it then thats what counts champ :).

R3N
13th October 2004, 06:52 PM
The way you put it:

get rid of the lip

was pretty harsh, if you don't like it... fair enough, but its his car, so don't tell him what to do with it. obviously he likes what he's done to have spent that much money on it and so much time on painting it. its also not that hard to be a little supportive, don't have to lie but be a little nicer, that's what being in a community is about, not putting people down/off

I'm just getting pissed off at how people call everything rice these days just because they don't like something, its been happening alot lately!

Anonymous
13th October 2004, 07:07 PM
yea i have done it i am not gonna lie, but some poeple really made me think and they were dead on critisism is all good but not when its as blunt as that, people want your opponion not your order :) so yea what R3N said :P

Mitch
13th October 2004, 08:10 PM
R3N:

Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice Rice

:lol:

Don't take little immature comments like "rice" so seriously. If it worries you that much then I think you need to wake up to yourself. :roll:

Mitch
13th October 2004, 08:11 PM
... and no i'm not trying to cause a fight or make enemies, it just annoys even more when people go on and on about sh*t.

PaulTheBall
13th October 2004, 08:38 PM
I like it... and yep with some eyelids will look even better

wishbone
13th October 2004, 09:00 PM
i think i put a bit of controversy up here
hahaha
well yea its good people state their opinion. it's my car and i agree on what everyone sez but its not that you said it looks ricey, it's that you had sed to get rid of it that i think got it heated. yea... i just wanted to post something up to show people what i've done onto my car.
yea fair enuff.. i wanted to get opinions but really just wanted an opinion on how the paint turned out..
if people don't like it, thats fine. i like it and it'll stay
one thing i was going to do was keep the bottom of the lip black as it supposed to be, but coz its me (lazy bugger) i can't be bothered taping it up so i decided just to spray it all black, but yea there we go

thanks for all the replies guys
and thanks kidSRi, i'll put a clear coat on it when i have time again

Seus
13th October 2004, 09:24 PM
i like the white
the front looks really nice, i reckon if you painted that thin white bar above the lip black it would really go well with the open black grill
removing it all together would probably be very trouble some

Shazza
13th October 2004, 11:34 PM
Well it seems now the truth is coming out! More people voicing their true opinions!

R3N honestly I don't care if you're pissed off about what has been happening a lot lately, thats not my problem! If that's such a big problem for you, then maybe you shouldn't be reading these forums. I have voiced my opinion, and I have the freedom to say what I want, if I don't, then it this would be a dictator style forum, or even worse some type of totalitarian regime!

|OPEL| stop agreeing with what others say, voice your own opinion... whether I'm being blunt or not is besides the point, thats the way I feel, and so I'll say that. It's a forum, you ask for an opinion, my opinion is get rid of the lip.. simple!

wishbone, finally, good luck with your lip... I aint taking my original comments back, but I will add to them. If you're happy with the job you have done, and think it looks good, then fantastic... good luck with it! Ultimately it doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks or says to you, it's your car, and you can do what you think is best! I know I couldn't give a shit what anyone else told me to do with my car... I'd do what I like :)

Bernard Siong
14th October 2004, 12:15 AM
looks like a toca touring car

wishbone
14th October 2004, 08:26 AM
yeah thanks shazza
just letting people know its good what other people think...
but doesn't matter what you sed shazza.. i'm not gunna waste my money on something and take it off just because someone told me too, but i still appreciate everyone elses opinions

cool maybe this thread might stop arguing after this? h ehee

Anonymous
14th October 2004, 08:39 AM
:P hope so man if only you were in sydney i would pay you to do my side skirts and side strips :P

Anonymous
14th October 2004, 09:05 AM
Ok, I don't like the fact that the lip is divided down the middle. Would have been a much nicer fit if it had been all one peice.

Also, what kind of material is it? Fiberglass or ABS?

I wouldnt have painted it white. As mitch said, the oe look would have been suffice IMO.

However, it looks pretty unique! 8) Where did you get it from and for what price?

wishbone
14th October 2004, 09:13 AM
i dont want to talk about the price
it was the first thing i bought for my car
u should know already the pricing when i tell you i bought it from carshine
put it this way, i could have paid half price on it if i bought it from ebay or somewhere else
yeah i don't like tha fact that it splits in the middle too
but thats how i got it, the picture i saw of it was a black one and you didn't notice it that much..
its ABS plastic

wishbone
14th October 2004, 09:17 AM
|opel|: took too long for me to paint it, better off getting professionals to paint it
but in the long run i saved myself about 90 bucks given the quoted price i had from one place.
plus i have all the primer i need to do the eyelids im waiting for
so all i'll need is more paint which is like 10 bucks? 15?

DoomTrooper
14th October 2004, 10:33 AM
theres a little thing called CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
if u don't like it say WHY not just that its rice, woohoo thats bloody original
if adding a lip in your opinions is rice then wtf isn't???
looks like i'll have to kepp mine stock as a rock, then i'll put a photo up and u ppl will say its dull, i'll add a spoiler all of a sudden i'll have gone to far and it will be ricey
anyone ever heard the saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder,
don't just lay into the guy because u don't like what hes done, let him know ways in which u think it could be better,

now IMHO, Lower the car, that lip will look heaps better if it was closer to the ground, if anything it just looks a little to large with the gap between it and the ground

Anonymous
14th October 2004, 10:46 AM
i like the lip design because it looks like its straight from the dtm circuit races......

some nice race rims, and slammage would be tops. 8)

RK
14th October 2004, 11:06 AM
Thats why i said to keep it black. It looks more DTM style like that.

White just makes it look like a really really big front spoiler. Black makes it look more like a lip :)

GOZOFF
14th October 2004, 02:21 PM
looking good dude top stuff
esspecially the fact that its not to common,very original 8)

wishbone
14th October 2004, 05:58 PM
yea im aware that the scoop part should be black.. im lazy :P hahaha

over time the car will evolve into something.. just no money to evolve it straight away

RK
14th October 2004, 06:16 PM
evolution is a slow process.
unless there are aliens involved.

are there any aliens involved?