PDA

View Full Version : Why to behave while cruising.

nuggz
19th July 2010, 09:32 AM
Hey guys

Taken from Ozhonda

I was the car immediately behind the two who had the incident. I will refer to them as car 1 and 2.

Basically driving home from the BBQ on Whittlesea-Healesville rd is where it occurred. car 1 was in front of car 2 followed by me. As car 2 when to overtake car 1 (on a double solid line and on a right hand bend at around 100km/h+ [road limit was 100]) car 2 ran out of road and dropped a tire onto the gravel on the right hand side of the road. He then slid towards the left and hit the right rear of car 1, sending car 1 sliding to the right, and off a cliff into a farm and himself left into the cliff face. As car 1 went off to the left, he clipped an on-coming motorbike rider sending him flying off into the grass on the side of the road.

The first thing i did was jump out of my car and tend to the biker, he was pretty shook up, not sure what injuries he had, i only know of the crash itself. His bike was defiantly a write-off, bits of his gear box was all over the road. Car 2 also seemed like a write off, massive damage to the front of it not too sure about car 2.

Just as a side note, the bikers helmet was all messed up.. it saved his life.
They had a cruise yesterday which ended in disaster.
while its all fun and games to show what your cars got, that bike rider had to be airlifted to the Alfred hospital because of a stupid driver and unnecessary move

I hope we will all ensure Opelaus doesn't get the same attention and scrutiny that OzHonda will now be having.

hazrd
19th July 2010, 09:57 AM
ouch
I hope everyone is ok... and the right justice is served... thats a pretty stupid stunt right there

I cant speak for any other state, but I have complete faith in our Victorian OA crew, and that they would not do something as stupid as that.. its pure common sense that you dont overtake on a bend, especially when its double lined therefore illegal.

I know a lot of us took part in some overtaking on the GOR cruise last year, but I saw it was all legitimate overtaking, and not on blind bends!!!!

Once again, I hope that rider has a speedy recovery, it was very unfortunate he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

guy 27
19th July 2010, 10:03 AM
Hope the driver of car 2 gets a jail sentance. Its just plain stupid to overtake on double white lines and the above shows the reason why.

boorny88
19th July 2010, 10:03 AM
i can speak for the WA boys all driving is done with in all reason and no overtaking unless it is clear and legal

hope the rider has a speedy recovery and as adz said the right justice is given

lithium
19th July 2010, 10:15 AM
cue vtec kicking in jokes

seriously what a dumb shit. ramming your car into a cliff = best way to learn why you shouldn't overtake on blind corners. hope it scared the living crap out of him, i bet he won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Jerram
19th July 2010, 10:57 AM
reminds me of that British Honda driver who went to Jail because he nearly killed some guy whilst out on a cruise, then had to where a monitoring bracelet for awhile afterwords (there's a massive thread about it on another forum somewhere).
Bad decisions = Bad consequences.

btm
19th July 2010, 11:03 AM
damn fool. was lucky no one was killed

JR
19th July 2010, 11:40 AM
similar thing happened not so long ago - not on a cruise though.

single lane road. guy in a ute has two cars travelling infront of him. guy in ute decides to overtake both cars. during the overtaking manoeuvre, as he reaches next to the front car, he realises he won't b able to make it because of an oncoming truck (semi), so he veers back into the lane.
unfortunately he clips the back (rear right) of the front car, sending it sideways into the path of the the oncoming traffic.
ALL 5 (family) passengers in that car died on impact.
Driver of the ute was given a slap on his wrist, n sent home. Judge said its not his fault - "he just had a lapse of concentration", and as such was deemed not guilt of dangerous driving, causing death.

WTF!?!?!.....ah the justice system!!! gotta love it.
but yes, "overtaking" is not a joke, n must b taken seriously. the consequences of a failed manoeuvre can b fatal.

mr corsa
19th July 2010, 12:08 PM
I like the way your going on about another forum when it has happened on opelaus

sooty
19th July 2010, 12:10 PM
I like the way your going on about another forum when it has happened on opelaus
no-one criticized ozhonda..
And most of us know about what happened on OA, but that's not exactly recent, and if what they did was an act of idiocy like this bloke did, then i'm sure everyone would still be of the same opinion.

boorny88
19th July 2010, 12:18 PM
what happened i not heard of this i wanna no haha

gmonkey
19th July 2010, 01:12 PM
Yes I'm sure shay and I as reps for WA cruises can deff say this shit doesn't happen on any WA cruises or events and is 100% isn't tolerated with us..

Hoping for speedy recovery for all involved..

So was car 1 & 2 both ozhonda drivers?? Slighty confused by who was involved...

What's this opelaus incident?? :S

bender
19th July 2010, 05:01 PM
Yes I'm sure shay and I as reps for WA cruises can deff say this shit doesn't happen on any WA cruises or events and is 100% isn't tolerated with us..

Hoping for speedy recovery for all involved..

So was car 1 & 2 both ozhonda drivers?? Slighty confused by who was involved...

What's this opelaus incident?? :S

only one i can think of is the mini on charity cruise last year

sooty
19th July 2010, 05:07 PM
only one i can think of is the mini on charity cruise last year
Nah, much longer ago in nsw

poita
19th July 2010, 05:23 PM
I think the point being raised is this is what can happen when you drive not according to road rules and the current situation.

I have no doubt that this happens on OA cruises, I'm just thankful that this hasn't happened to any members here (touch wood)

As I'm sure the members would hate to have police attnetion everytime they got into their car.

gmonkey
19th July 2010, 05:38 PM
i used to be a OZhonda member.. went to one of there meets and swore never to go again, they people were douches and drove like idiots in their civics. And after reading that thread on their site i can see a lot of people also wont be doing OH cruises anymore...

i must say they did respond quite well to the situation but and give them kudos to how they have reacted... as the cars involved in the crash werent acctually OZhonda members i dont think only one of them in a prelude who was car #2 in the quote before... still feel sorry for the helpless motorbike rider who was minding his own business when these douches came flying around.

ROCCO
19th July 2010, 07:33 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/211/498395686_74bd9674db.jpg

phucking dooshes

Wraith
20th July 2010, 11:58 AM
I think the point being raised is this is what can happen when you drive not according to road rules and the current situation.

I have no doubt that this happens on OA cruises, I'm just thankful that this hasn't happened to any members here (touch wood)

As I'm sure the members would hate to have police attnetion everytime they got into their car.

Agree...there have been lots of incidences across the board in alot of car club meets and cruises since I've been a member of various car clubs, luckily nothing this bad has ever happened, there have been numerous police reports though from the general public...

I suppose a more strict approach needs to be emphasised on all participating members to be safe and compliant 'on public roads' when in a group gathering as it's quite easy to get carried away with the fun of it all...

Otherwise take it to the track if those individuals are that keen :)

nuggz
20th July 2010, 12:13 PM

Wasn't attacking the other forum, merely using it as an example to raise awareness

Agree...there have been lots of incidences across the board in alot of car club meets and cruises since I've been a member of various car clubs, luckily nothing this bad has ever happened, there have been numerous police reports though from the general public...

I suppose a more strict approach needs to be emphasised on all participating members to be safe and compliant 'on public roads' when in a group gathering as it's quite easy to get carried away with the fun of it all...

Otherwise take it to the track if those individuals are that keen :)

+1
Alot of us, myself included, are more inclined to punch that little bit harder off the lights, or out of a corner then you normally would when driving by yourself.
it might seem like all fun and games, but a split second is all it takes to turn things upside down

in this case, the biker was lucky to still be alive, but a few cm difference at that speed, and he wouldn't be

Greggy
27th July 2010, 09:42 PM
This is the 'rules' that get posted to every meet we have over here on VVOC.. But outside of the meet on the open road, you cant really reign people in

Usual meet rules apply... The stated meet rules are:

THIS IS NOT A CRUISE, This is a Vectra enthusiasts meeting. Please act in a responsible manner whilst at this Meet. Showboating in the form of "Handbrake Turns" "Donuts" "Burnouts" or similar, are not tolerated as this just brings the name of the club into disrepute. VVOC is not responsible for any members actions whatsoever at any Meet or Event.

99.99% of the time everyone is well behaved and respects the reps and other members safety, but you are always gonna get thet one d!ck who shows up to show off.... once to a members cars cost - totalled the front end by titting about and writing off the other members car near enuff !!!!!!