PDA

View Full Version : wrecking Ah astra's around the place

auzvectra
8th July 2010, 01:29 PM
does any1 know of any around being wrecked?

chasing an m32 gearbox, is the cdti a direct bolt up or only the turbo an option??

i need the box, drive shafts, clutch n flywheel assembly.
thanks guys.

CNBLU
8th July 2010, 02:05 PM
very very rare to find an m32 gear box. turbo box has different gear ratios, but would still fit i think.

best bet is overseas and that going to cost you a fortune in postage, or just wait until one pops up.... if it does that is.

auzvectra
8th July 2010, 02:59 PM
very very rare to find an m32 gear box. turbo box has different gear ratios, but would still fit i think.

best bet is overseas and that going to cost you a fortune in postage, or just wait until one pops up.... if it does that is.

yeh, well i have a lil spare time yet, astra is gonna be 6 months away by the looks of it.

Ice
8th July 2010, 03:12 PM
you can fix the ratios though a tech 2 or something right ? would love to do that on mine and get rid of that tiny 1st gear. Would make a big improvement to the sticky 5 speed Matt...I noticed a massive difference. Also will the M32 be able to handle the kind of power your putting through it ?

auzvectra
8th July 2010, 03:20 PM
you can fix the ratios though a tech 2 or something right ? would love to do that on mine and get rid of that tiny 1st gear. Would make a big improvement to the sticky 5 speed Matt...I noticed a massive difference. Also will the M32 be able to handle the kind of power your putting through it ?

it'll handle it a lot better then the f23 has been :p.

Ice
8th July 2010, 03:55 PM
it'll handle it a lot better then the f23 has been :p.

What are they rated to ? (not that ill ever push ithat far)....im guessing youll be throwing upward of 200 kw atw right ?

auzvectra
8th July 2010, 04:01 PM
What are they rated to ? (not that ill ever push ithat far)....im guessing youll be throwing upward of 200 kw atw right ?

think there rated to 320-350nm compared to the f23 thats 230-250nm ;).

guy 27
9th July 2010, 03:29 PM
you can fix the ratios though a tech 2 or something right ?

Its the final drive in the gearbox that would need to be changed.

here is a bit more info regarding the M32

http://translate.google.com/translate?langpair=auto|en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.opel-infos.de%2Fgetriebe%2Fm32.html

Ideally you will want the bell housing off the srit/vxr and the internals from the corsa d turbo. Will be insane acceleration but in turn you will loose some of your top speed (probably about 30km/h)

poita
9th July 2010, 03:31 PM
ask ain to drive his into a tree, and buy it from the insurance mob.

easy fix

auzvectra
9th July 2010, 04:22 PM
Its the final drive in the gearbox that would need to be changed.

here is a bit more info regarding the M32

http://translate.google.com/translate?langpair=auto|en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.opel-infos.de%2Fgetriebe%2Fm32.html

Ideally you will want the bell housing off the srit/vxr and the internals from the corsa d turbo. Will be insane acceleration but in turn you will loose some of your top speed (probably about 30km/h)

nah just the final drive of the corsa d, the gears in the sri-t are close ratio, 6th is the same as 5th in the corsa ;).

Ice
9th July 2010, 04:58 PM
think there rated to 320-350nm compared to the f23 thats 230-250nm ;).

Well im pretty sure it can handle more than that as with my crd-t tune im up around the 440nm mark (just comparing it to Ain's) I know if measured diff for petrol but still.

Ice
9th July 2010, 04:58 PM

easy fix

lmfao.......haha what a good idea.......Poita delete these posts, haha

auzvectra
9th July 2010, 05:14 PM
Well im pretty sure it can handle more than that as with my crd-t tune im up around the 440nm mark (just comparing it to Ain's) I know if measured diff for petrol but still.

yeh well the f23 can handle over that too :p. but usual they just rate it to what they tested them too.

the main reason i want the m32 is the mech efficiency diff, f23=23% loss, m32=17% loss rather big difference ;).
but then again, 6% difference, is it worth all the hassle hahaha.

Ice
9th July 2010, 05:25 PM
yeh well the f23 can handle over that too :p. but usual they just rate it to what they tested them too.

the main reason i want the m32 is the mech efficiency diff, f23=23% loss, m32=17% loss rather big difference ;).
but then again, 6% difference, is it worth all the hassle hahaha.

got yah......6% of 50 KW isnt but 6% of 250 for eg is 15KW which makes a difference and at your level you try little things to squeeze every ounch of power where you can.

glider
9th July 2010, 05:26 PM

easy fix

from memory ain's gbox is close to if not ****ed?

sooty
9th July 2010, 05:28 PM
Correct, needs a rebuild. Preferably not using coco pops for bearings

auzvectra
9th July 2010, 05:35 PM
got yah......6% of 50 KW isnt but 6% of 250 for eg is 15KW which makes a difference and at your level you try little things to squeeze every ounch of power where you can.

well the way i see it, if i was to have 500hp, it's only 30hp increase, a decent amount yes, but if i cant find a m32 then i guess i'll just have to live with it :).

poita
9th July 2010, 05:41 PM

i honestly cant see it remaining very stock if matt gets hold of it

auzvectra
9th July 2010, 09:23 PM
i honestly cant see it remaining very stock if matt gets hold of it

haha, unfortunately not much avaliable to make em stronger unless i go back to f18 or f20, then i can go syncromesh or dog box.