PDA

View Full Version : Aghhh... my back!

Azrehan
1st July 2010, 12:08 PM
I bought an AH CDTi Astra a few weeks ago and drive it about 40 mins to work each way.

These seats suck! My back feels like it has been trampled my a heard of Bison by time I get home.

Has anyone modified/replaced their seats to make them more comfortable? Without spending $2000 per seat?

gmonkey
1st July 2010, 12:12 PM
Haha yeh knew that feelig it goes in time... Deff helps to lean seat back a little bit aswell..

Could do what my misses did with hers got em reappolstered and extra padding put in at same time.. Or buy some second hand recaros outta the vxr off eBay uk

U do get used to it after a while but

Wraith
1st July 2010, 12:58 PM
Are basic AH seats that bad ??

What about other cars you've had ??

gmonkey
1st July 2010, 02:36 PM
There pretty bad to get used to..

I've always had bucket/sport seats stock before my astra (yes even the jazz had them and there probs still comfiest stock seats I've sat in)

Azrehan
1st July 2010, 02:58 PM
I have owned a Gemini, Laser, Pulsar, 260z and have driven/borrowed for a bit a Mirage, Volvo, Peugeot 504, Lancer, Magna, Tigra, 120B, Starwagon, Subaru wagon (1980's) and a few Alpha's.

The Astra has the worst seats I have sat in.

sooty
1st July 2010, 03:13 PM
Honestly, you'll get used to them.
Can drive for 10 hours consecutively now and my back's still fine.

brc
1st July 2010, 03:45 PM
possibly bad because you have bad posture and the seats are ergonomic?

^ not a stab, just curious.. haha

GreyRex
1st July 2010, 04:52 PM
You need heated leather

*grins*

hazrd
1st July 2010, 04:54 PM
You need heated leather

*grins*

:swg:

mate, the CDTi seats arent that bad, my back is shocking, and ive been in sooty's CDTi and they are pretty comfy... i agree with what gmonkey said earlier, id see if you can get them bolstered up a bit for extra comfort and go from there :)