PDA

View Full Version : warranty for yellow koni

Anonymous
11th October 2004, 11:42 AM
Hey guys,

I got a set of koni yellow shocks dec last year. Front left strut is now leaking some fluid on the strut mount, and giving noticeable understeer. My questions is, since the shock is a tear and wear item, do they still have regular one warranty like most goods? (website claim they will last the life of your car!!)

If under warranty, how would they go about the repair? re-built the shock or replace with a new one? If replacing with new one, would it work well with the old where it has already travelled a fair bit of ks?

SmellyTofu
11th October 2004, 04:48 PM
Rebuilding I think cost <$100 each. Most good suspension stores have the equipment to gut out Koni (as opposed to Billies).

rjastra
11th October 2004, 11:12 PM
Well... funny you should say that!! Because i just had my left front koni yellow replaced because it started to leak.. in fact it lost all its fluid.

Took back to the place that fitted it and they replaced it free of charge. Konis have a 3 yr warranty i think (mine was 18 months old)

Me thinks there is a problem with the Koni shocks. And i have an idea that the front right one may go soon as well.

Anonymous
12th October 2004, 10:04 PM
Thank god its 3 years... unlimited km? The rebuilt costs sounds reasonable too..

RJ, where did you get yours from? You in sydney?