PDA

View Full Version : Number plate covers/protectors

BEK-46P
14th June 2010, 03:07 PM
This might sound like a redundant thing to do research on, but does anyone have any recommendations for a some black Euro plate covers/protectors?

For starters, every Supercheap/Repco store I've visited don't sell the correct sizes for my plates (need a full size for rear and slim for front), and then I've seen many covers that turn yellow/rust/chip with age.

Vectramatic
14th June 2010, 03:54 PM
Why not buy some perspex, and make them yourself? Probably turn out better thand anything you buy, unless you are a butcher like me

Wraith
15th June 2010, 12:16 PM
This might sound like a redundant thing to do research on, but does anyone have any recommendations for a some black Euro plate covers/protectors?

For starters, every Supercheap/Repco store I've visited don't sell the correct sizes for my plates (need a full size for rear and slim for front), and then I've seen many covers that turn yellow/rust/chip with age.

It is a prob for full size Euro plates...

I've got slim line Euro plates front and back on one of my cars and there's some nice covers available for those...had my covers for about 5 years (previously over other custom plates) and no yellowing to speak of :)

Try doing a search over the net, maybe you can find a Euro brand plate cover supplier.

Hoss
15th June 2010, 01:03 PM
Have a look at Lakin Plates (www.lakinplates.com.au). They are based at Ulverstone, Tasmania. Contact Philip Reeve ([email protected]) or phone 0419 322 071 or 1300 838 454. Philip helped me with a backing plate for my slimline front plate for my AH SRi-T. I'm very pleased with the outcome

poita
15th June 2010, 01:09 PM
try these guys mate, Altrex.

these are what i had on the car for about 4-5 yrs. only mark on them was when i scratched them

heres the selection of Euro plates.

http://www.altrex.com.au/shop.php?cat=13

and here is a list of retailers who sell them

http://www.altrex.com.au/index.php?id=30

BEK-46P
15th June 2010, 05:46 PM
Awesome stuff. Thanks guys!

Z20LET
16th June 2010, 09:14 PM
Autobarn sell the Kingpin covers which are pretty good IMO.

SIMid
17th June 2010, 07:39 AM
Philip helped me with a backing plate for my slimline front plate for my AH SRi-T. I'm very pleased with the outcome
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Does it stay flat or is it bent to fit the contour? I'm still searching for one for my front number plate, to keep it flat.

Post up a pic, I wanna see!