PDA

View Full Version : Servicing - Time vs KMs

droodles
13th June 2010, 12:02 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before but how do people here choose to service their cars? The reason I'm asking is that the service sticker on my window says a service is due this month (June) or at 100,000kms.

However, I haven't done up to 100,000 kms yet (97,500) to be approximate, so I was wondering if this is a bad thing. I don't drive often, just the usual 4-day week drive to uni and sometimes on the weekend.

Also, the servicing logbook says that my next service should be at 105,000kms so I'm not sure what to do...last service was done in Jan-Feb this year.

guy 27
13th June 2010, 12:14 PM
check your oil on the dipstick. If its dark brown -> black then service it. If its still golden -> light brown wait.

droodles
13th June 2010, 03:31 PM
I just checked the oil, it's a dark brown colour. Guess its time to make a booking somewhere.

hazrd
13th June 2010, 07:25 PM
bear in mind too that if your car is under warranty, you need to get it serviced at whichever interval first

my old commodore had a 3yr warranty and it was voided because i chose to wait 3 months past the "expected service date" and get it upto the kms instead :(

droodles
14th June 2010, 05:36 AM
nah, mine's way over warranty. might go and see HPF for a service.