PDA

View Full Version : ah door cards

joshie_k
12th June 2010, 01:16 PM
hi,

does any one know briefly how to take off the front and rear door cards from a ah astra.
i need to get my stereo out but i can never work out how to get them off.
i did a quick search coz im sure this would have been covered before but i cannot find anything anywhere.

your help is appreciated people

jk

jastra
12th June 2010, 01:35 PM
on the inside at the bottom of the door card and right hand side (if your looking at the door card) there are some torx screws t20 from memory. also there are 2 screws under the door handle (the one u use to close the door, on the inside of the car of course) just pop off the cover with a flat head screw driver. also behind the door handle u use to open the door there should be a little flap just pop that off the a screwdriver and there should be another torx screw behind there. then just pull the door card away from the door from the middle just use the handle. dont pull from the edges cuz things break. not sure about the rear doors but i assume they are similar, i have the 3 door thats all lol hope this is of help.

EDIT: also be careful when u pull it away because there is an led that illuminates the door handle and the wire isnt exactly long, best to disconnect it if your going to be working on the stereo

gmonkey
12th June 2010, 03:13 PM
Don't think 5drs got the led

U will also have to take off the tweeter first.

Lift the door card up from near the window seal and take it off the clips there first then give it one quick hard pull (it's most effective way to not break the clips.)

Then it's just unplug window plug by swinging the lever over and undoing the door handle latch by pulling it an slide it out..

Same instructions apply for rear doors pretty sure

jastra
12th June 2010, 09:47 PM
Don't think 5drs got the led

lol lucky, broke mine first time I took the door off didn't notice it...