PDA

View Full Version : bonnet vents

FLY-SRi
9th October 2004, 10:22 PM
has any1 seen this pic b4?...i reckon the vents on the side make the car look soo mean

Bernard Siong
9th October 2004, 10:31 PM
isnt that like what u seen on the older model astras mostly?

wishbone
9th October 2004, 10:33 PM
yes i've seen them
but never knew where they are put on.. or how it would look like i mean.
it looks good
for me.. i think if i buy a bonnet vent.. it'll just be one, and it'll be on top of the left headlight so air passes into the air pod underneath

R3N
9th October 2004, 11:40 PM
I think that's a rieger part if im not mistaken... wonder if they're actually any holes under that

Bernard Siong
9th October 2004, 11:54 PM
i like the front bar heaps
i'm so bored of my standard CD front bar
if at least it had the cdx foggies it would look good

Vampire
10th October 2004, 12:39 AM
The vents look funny sticking out on the side

Degen-Astra
10th October 2004, 01:03 AM
The bonnet vents in my opinion look awful and serve no purpose from what it appears.

The side front bar vents however do look good.

I am of the belief, if there is a hole in your bonnet you better have a supercharger, turbocharger or a air intake system that will benefit from the gapping hole.

R3N
10th October 2004, 01:23 AM
Degen-Astra, like I said, they could just be stuck on without any actual holes in the bonnet. But regarding the way it is stuck on even IF it had actual vents wouldn't serve much purpose. It'd be more effective if the vent's mouth tilted towards the front more

The front bumper is the UK SRi-T bumper made by prodrive I think

wishbone
10th October 2004, 06:26 AM
those side vents i've been looking for on ebay
at carshine they sell it for like 500s
i don't think its worth it..

mr_astra_retired
10th October 2004, 09:40 AM
Those vents look to be similar to Astra F gsi ones :)

DoomTrooper
10th October 2004, 10:19 AM
think the owner needs a lesson in parking, wheels sposed to stay between the wite lines

wishbone
10th October 2004, 09:24 PM
hehehe thats what i call attention to detail doomtrooper :P

Anonymous
11th October 2004, 08:29 AM
:P well i dunno i was thinking of vents, i'm sure its all passed through our minds at one time, i just dont think think its with the hassle of actually putting a hole in your bonnet if your only doing it for looks, those dont look to bad but i dunno they just dont appeal to me :) i guess its like the old saying goes, "to each man his own"