PDA

View Full Version : Apple Iphone 4

PS88
8th June 2010, 02:18 PM
iPhone 4
Pre-order starts June 15.
Available June 24.

Anyone thinking of upgrading their phone to Iphone 4 ?

guy 27
8th June 2010, 02:31 PM
I will upgrade mine when they get a stable jailbreak available for it and also when they have release at least one software update as well to get rid of any initial bugs in the system.

or if my 3g decides to die earlier.

jastra
8th June 2010, 02:36 PM
I still have 14 months left of my jail term so I'll probably be looking at iPhone 5 :p

btm
8th June 2010, 02:43 PM
still got another 4 or so months on my contract, so hopefully there has been a software update on the 4 by the time this is due, then would definitely consider it

Ice
8th June 2010, 02:51 PM
Finally, im out of contract so can get it whenever....

Nurb608
8th June 2010, 03:35 PM
I'm too lazy to search, but what's the new camera like on it and does it sync directly with outlook or do you still need to install the massivly useless iTunes for it?

Ice
8th June 2010, 04:21 PM
I'm too lazy to search, but what's the new camera like on it and does it sync directly with outlook or do you still need to install the massivly useless iTunes for it?

Do a search you lazy c*nt

Nurb608
8th June 2010, 04:27 PM
Do a search you lazy c*nt

lol :p

5mp camera, crap!
iTunes dependant, crap,
Bluetooth protocol, crap

Only good thing is screen res, stainless body, battery life and well, that's about it

Ice
8th June 2010, 04:32 PM
lol :p

5mp camera, crap!
iTunes dependant, crap,
Bluetooth protocol, crap

Only good thing is screen res, stainless body, battery life and well, that's about it

the battery life is not a positive...it may be a slight improvement on the last but its nothing special. Just face that youll be buying yourself a new one ;)

Nurb608
8th June 2010, 04:33 PM
the battery life is not a positive...it may be a slight improvement on the last but its nothing special. Just face that youll be buying yourself a new one ;)

Not a chance, just got work to buy me an Android phone and life is sooooo much easier :)

Ice
8th June 2010, 04:34 PM
Not a chance, just got work to buy me an Android phone and life is sooooo much easier :)

which android did they buy you ?

im also looking at that option.

EAS51
8th June 2010, 04:47 PM
I've still got a nokia xpress lol =).. I'd love to update to an iphone though.. See how things go..

Nurb608
8th June 2010, 05:12 PM
which android did they buy you ?

im also looking at that option.

Xperia X10...... Get the HTC ;)

Ice
8th June 2010, 06:16 PM

Are you happy with it ? I havent heard much good about it thats all.

Nurb608
8th June 2010, 06:19 PM
Are you happy with it ? I havent heard much good about it thats all.

Yeah, it's getting there after installing some custom stuff on it, but gee's there is so much free stuff for it, i even have my work calendar syncing via the net with the phone, which is not an easy task considering we can't install stuff on the pc at work and we have no idea (not allowed ) what our outlook passwords are.

Neeko
8th June 2010, 06:55 PM
I'm with guy, once reliable jailbreak is available I'll definitey get it. My 3Gs battery is seriously failing. They are only good for 400 recharges.

still got another 4 or so months on my contract, so hopefully there has been a software update on the 4 by the time this is due, then would definitely consider it

OS 4 comes out 21st of June for the iPhone 3g and 3gs. Will allow several new features (if ur not jailbroken already)

poita
8th June 2010, 07:52 PM
my contract is up feb/march next year

i will upgrade then, then teh misses can have my 3g iphone

Ooie
8th June 2010, 08:02 PM
I have been thinking about the iphone 4 but looking at the features of it I am struggling to see any major jump forward other than a slightly better camera with led flash.
The Software is the major change and everyone else can get that in June as it is.

So.... I just ordered a HTC Desire :)

Android 2.1 FTW!

poita
8th June 2010, 08:10 PM
I have been thinking about the iphone 4 but looking at the features of it I am struggling to see any major jump forward other than a slightly better camera with led flash.
The Software is the major change and everyone else can get that in June as it is.

So.... I just ordered a HTC Desire :)

Android 2.1 FTW!

Froyo ftw :p

Jeenous
8th June 2010, 08:14 PM

+1

Had mine for a month now.
Pos * has bluetooth to anyone unlike iphone
* Plenty of readily available apps, games
Neg * Camera is quick in good light. Slow in bad light and easily takes fuzzy photos,
* No automatic cam flash you have to manually turn on an led light

Ice
8th June 2010, 08:16 PM
Neeko whats this shit about only good for 400 charges ?

poita
8th June 2010, 08:20 PM
just use iBluetooth and iPhone can bluetooth files to anyone

Neeko
8th June 2010, 08:23 PM
Neeko whats this shit about only good for 400 charges ?

The 3gs has a battery designed to always be connected like in a dock, charger etc. It's life is limited to around about 400 full charges. Then it'll start dying

Ice
8th June 2010, 08:27 PM
The 3gs has a battery designed to always be connected like in a dock, charger etc. It's life is limited to around about 400 full charges. Then it'll start dying

I guess I didnt think of that....good thing the new iphone has a battery that is easily replaceable.

poita
8th June 2010, 08:27 PM

i took 4 yrs extra warranty with mine, so when it dies it will be replaced.
since the iPhone is a sealed unit they have to cover it ;)

sooty
8th June 2010, 08:34 PM
Based on my knowledge of the lithium polymer batteries they use in the iPhone, I could not disagree more. Constant charging kills the battery as it collapses the copper oxide layers reducing interstices for lithium placement.

poita
8th June 2010, 08:37 PM
same reason you shouldnt charge a laptop 24/7

Ice
8th June 2010, 08:39 PM
ahhh i was expecting your scientific opinion, haha

but will they initially last Ain ? well like 400 charges as Neeko says ?

I really need something with some decent battery life and dont want to replace it every 3-6 Months.

sooty
8th June 2010, 08:44 PM
ahhh i was expecting your scientific opinion, haha

but will they initially last Ain ? well like 400 charges as Neeko says ?

I really need something with some decent battery life and dont want to replace it every 3-6 Months.
Lithium copper oxide/nafion batteries are pretty much at the forefront of commercial batteries atm. But as with all lithium based battery, cycling will reduce their capacity. I wouldn't imagine it would be as low as 400, but it all depends on the tolerances applied to them by apple. What sort of thresholds they put on the charging and discharging sequences.

poita
8th June 2010, 08:47 PM
well i've had my iPhone since march last year, holds charge same as the day i got it.

only recently have i noticed a decrease but thats my own doing by running a wi-fi scanner

Ice
8th June 2010, 08:50 PM
well i've had my iPhone since march last year, holds charge same as the day i got it.

only recently have i noticed a decrease but thats my own doing by running a wi-fi scanner

well thats good to know, youde not expect to have the phone much longer anyway.

Neeko
8th June 2010, 08:54 PM
Just going by what I read, might hbe gotten charging cycles mixed up though.

poita
8th June 2010, 08:54 PM
yer thats it, most ppl upgrade every 18-24 mths anyway.

as i do :lol:

hazrd
8th June 2010, 08:55 PM
i took 4 yrs extra warranty with mine, so when it dies it will be replaced.
since the iPhone is a sealed unit they have to cover it ;)

serious?? i took extra warranty too, so the battery is actually covered??

sooty
8th June 2010, 08:59 PM
Just going by what I read, might hbe gotten charging cycles mixed up though.
Yeah, sorry, wasn't attacking what you said, just thinking of the science behind it, blame the nerd tendancies.

poita
8th June 2010, 09:03 PM
serious?? i took extra warranty too, so the battery is actually covered??

yer because its a sealed unit and is not user servicable.

that's what i have been told directly from our ext warr company

Neeko
8th June 2010, 09:05 PM
I've nearly had the iPhone for a year now and its actually the only phone to survive a full year. All my motorolas died after 1 year of keyboard failure, speaker failure, heart failure or cancer.

Yeah, sorry, wasn't attacking what you said, just thinking of the science behind it, blame the nerd tendancies.
it's cool i couldnt quite remember what I had read so thought of what i was doing to make my battery die. I have mine sitting in a dock most days listening to music.

guy 27
8th June 2010, 09:12 PM
my 2g lasted me exactly a year then the battery exploded
3g is going on strong now for 15 months. only issues are silent button died ages ago from a swim the phone took and the home button is hard to press.

Ice
8th June 2010, 09:16 PM
my phone is always on charge.....hmmmm so i shouldnt exxpect more than a year out of it.

poita
8th June 2010, 09:25 PM
iPhone demo fail :lol:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/06/07/apple.jobs.technical.issues/index.html?eref=rss_tech&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_tech+%28RSS%3A+Tech nology%29

chrissn89
8th June 2010, 09:31 PM

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/06/07/apple.jobs.technical.issues/index.html?eref=rss_tech&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_tech+%28RSS%3A+Tech nology%29
iPhone fail can not watch it because I'm on an iPhone so double fail.

Ice
9th June 2010, 12:34 AM
You want a fail...here it is, haha !

off subject yes but have a look and listen....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoL5NkIuIPU

Shay
9th June 2010, 12:57 AM

PLUS 1, HTC and Android FTW, bought the cheapest, ie the Magic, and its still better than the 3GS in most regards.

and now... unsubscribe :p

jastra
9th June 2010, 01:17 PM
I've nearly had the iPhone for a year now and its actually the only phone to survive a full year. All my motorolas died after 1 year of keyboard failure, speaker failure, heart failure or cancer.
+1

poita
9th June 2010, 01:34 PM
Reading engadget just before, they have jail broken iOS 4 (stupid name) already. So a jail break will be available from day one by the looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vectracious
9th June 2010, 07:55 PM

Love it. Don't understand why he was persisting with a wi-fi connection when he had a cellular connection anyway...

Ooie
9th June 2010, 08:00 PM
Love it. Don't understand why he was persisting with a wi-fi connection when he had a cellular connection anyway...

Because at the moment video calling is over wifi only and is only between iphones and/or imacs.

Bit silly if u ask me.

poita
9th June 2010, 08:00 PM
which failed and was slower than the 3GS :lol:

love the comment from the crowd, "Try Verizon"

poita
9th June 2010, 08:01 PM
Because at the moment video calling is over wifi only and is only between iphones and/or imacs.

Bit silly if u ask me.

there is an app you can get through cydia that allows apps that are wi-fi only to operate over a 3G connection

Ooie
9th June 2010, 08:05 PM
there is an app you can get through cydia that allows apps that are wi-fi only to operate over a 3G connection

Once again a jailbreak'd only feature.

I think the Apple bubble is just too restrictive and sterile. If they were really keen on making the greatest device they would release the source code to developers rather than just APIs. But the simple fact is they are interested in selling devices that look cool rather than perform the best.

poita
9th June 2010, 08:14 PM
the thing is though, IMO a vast majority of smart phones only work the best when they are hacked.

xda developers forum is a classic example of this.

my htc diamond is shit loads better now i've put wm 6.5 on ii, and added some memory and cpu hacks

Shay
9th June 2010, 08:29 PM
android is even better again than the wm 6.5

Ooie
9th June 2010, 08:35 PM
Does android even need to be hacked? I thought the OS was open source?

Vectracious
9th June 2010, 10:04 PM

Bit silly if u ask me.

LOL - I wonder what Apple's logic was with that?

No flash, and now video calling only between iphones.... :rolleyes:

poita
9th June 2010, 10:05 PM
LOL - I wonder what Apple's logic was with that?

No flash, and now video calling only between iphones over wifi, not 3g.... :rolleyes:

you forgot the other fukin stupid bit

liam
9th June 2010, 10:18 PM
Just a side note to the battery questions. I know my macbook pro which uses an apple lithium battery is only good for 300 - 400 cycles then battery life drops by 3/4's!

If im working for a long time at a desk I always plug in and remove my battery these days, at $200 a pop it isnt a nice thing to replace!... MBA soon though :D

HoldenAstra
10th June 2010, 07:30 AM
If im working for a long time at a desk I always plug in and remove my battery these days, at $200 a pop it isnt a nice thing to replace!... MBA soon though :D

That is very right from my experence.

I have a SONY laptop which was bought 7.5 years ago. It still serves me very well. As long as I use the power plug, I remove the battery. The battery is still very good after 7.5 years.

And I have a MB. I did the same thing on it, although it is said the CPU will not work at it's best performence when the battery is removed. I don't care about that and I do not have important data to lose.

I believe in that do the full charge after the battery is empty is still the best way to longer the battey life.

mrgsr
14th June 2010, 09:01 PM
i heard the operating system on the new iphone 4 will be released in a few weeks for the 3gs so we can have all the added functionality like multi tasked etc on the 3gs

poita
14th June 2010, 09:17 PM
21st june will be available

mrgsr
14th June 2010, 09:27 PM
should be awersome cant wait

Ooie
21st June 2010, 09:29 AM
OS4 today ..

Will let you know how it goes on my trusty old 3G tonight...

poita
21st June 2010, 09:20 PM
still not out yet.

the US are too far behind :lol:

BradstaMS
21st June 2010, 09:27 PM
Apparently, if you somehow get a copy of iTunes 9.2 beta, then you can get iOS 4 now :S

Ooie
21st June 2010, 09:36 PM
A friend sent me a rapidshare link for OS4 but I dont want to brick my phone so will wait for the official release.

Apparently (this is from whirlpool forums) Apple release updates at 9:42am Boston time. Which is about 11:42pm Sydney time... sigh.....

**** it im going to bed. I can sort this in the morning.

BradstaMS
21st June 2010, 09:48 PM
Bugger than I'm gonna wait up if its that early, I also heard it could get released 10 AM Cupertino time, which is 3 AM our time

poita
21st June 2010, 09:51 PM
Apparently, if you somehow get a copy of iTunes 9.2 beta, then you can get iOS 4 now :S

i have iTunes 9.2.0.61, have for a few days now.

A friend sent me a rapidshare link for OS4 but I dont want to brick my phone so will wait for the official release.

Apparently (this is from whirlpool forums) Apple release updates at 9:42am Boston time. Which is about 11:42pm Sydney time... sigh.....

**** it im going to bed. I can sort this in the morning.

yer i had a couple of links for it, only got em in the last couple of days.
dont see the point in using it since it comes out soon.

Bugger than I'm gonna wait up if its that early, I also heard it could get released 10 AM Cupertino time, which is 3 AM our time

im pretty sure 11:42pm is before 3am ;) :p

Ooie
21st June 2010, 10:24 PM
i guess we will find out in 20 mins

BradstaMS
21st June 2010, 11:04 PM
im pretty sure 11:42pm is before 3am ;) :p

According to my clock, you are correct :D

poita
21st June 2010, 11:07 PM
:lol:

still not out yet.............

chrissn89
21st June 2010, 11:11 PM
Is OS4 full jailbroken already?

poita
21st June 2010, 11:13 PM
afaik yes, but hasnt been released yet

chrissn89
21st June 2010, 11:16 PM
Awsome, I'll download it tomorrow night =) All current 'apps' should work on it yes? I'll just have to find them again and aquire them.

poita
21st June 2010, 11:26 PM
this will give you some info, read at your own risk

http://pixelatedgeek.com/2010/06/ios4-jailbreak-and-multitasking-now-available-for-iphone-3g/

Ooie
22nd June 2010, 06:06 AM
Software was not released until 3am!

Installing now..

BradstaMS
22nd June 2010, 07:04 AM
Mines downloading now, I have a feeling I'm either gonna have to go to school late, or leave my updating iPod at home

Ooie
22nd June 2010, 07:17 AM
All done!

Have been tryign to work out how to use folders...

You drag an app on top of another app...

BradstaMS
22nd June 2010, 07:20 AM
The truth is, only reason people are excited is because of the home screen wallpaper :p

poita
22nd June 2010, 07:23 AM
it can all be done with a jb iphone, not as excited as you guys are lol

BradstaMS
22nd June 2010, 07:24 AM
I didnt think that my 64GB touch could be jailbroken yet.. oh well

poita
22nd June 2010, 07:32 AM
I didnt think that my 64GB touch could be jailbroken yet.. oh well

http://www.spiritjb.com/

Ooie
22nd June 2010, 08:54 AM
I have been unable to JB my phone for a while now.
I accidently upgraded to 3.1 a while back via normal methods.

Since then all JB attempts have failed. :(

However I can try again tonight with the OS4 hack.

03srit
22nd June 2010, 01:05 PM
Jailbreaking the 3.1.3 is easy with spirit.. It works like blackra1n..

Is there a jailbreak for os4 on 3GS?

I'm mainly after the multi tasking.. I hate it when I'm playing chaos rings and I have to answer a txt MSG.. :)

brc
22nd June 2010, 01:34 PM

Download the enterprise installation kit and you can sync without look regardless via ActiveSync.

brc
22nd June 2010, 01:36 PM
Jailbreaking the 3.1.3 is easy with spirit.. It works like blackra1n..

Is there a jailbreak for os4 on 3GS?

I'm mainly after the multi tasking.. I hate it when I'm playing chaos rings and I have to answer a txt MSG.. :)

Please note blackra1n will royally **** any iphone that has the latest baseband.

You can jb it, don't try to unlock it. Otherwise your ****ed and have to restore iphone to defaults.

Take this from experience.

poita
22nd June 2010, 01:38 PM
if you have it jailbroken install backgrounder and pro switcher, multitaksing ftw :)

brc
22nd June 2010, 01:41 PM
if you have it jailbroken install backgrounder and pro switcher, multitaksing ftw :)

More so, install installous and download tomtom app for free.

chrissn89
22nd June 2010, 01:43 PM

+1 works amazing, best app. TomTom app is great too.

03srit
22nd June 2010, 01:44 PM
I didn't have the latest baseband when I was using blackra1n and it still stuffed it up and i had to lose my jailbreak and upgrade to 3.1.3..

Then spirit came out and finally got it back so I won't be upgrading to os4 till there's a jailbreak for it..

Btw, is there a way to keep the save files for your games?

BradstaMS
22nd June 2010, 02:05 PM
this multitasking is giving me the craps.
slows down my iPod like noooo tomorrow

PS88
22nd June 2010, 03:43 PM
I dont have my Iphone anymore.. Im very Upsett !

rodsfromday
22nd June 2010, 04:49 PM
Trying to update to OS4 but its taking forever to backup iphone!! Its probably been going for an hr now. I would imagine something is the matter.....:mad2::mad2:

poita
22nd June 2010, 05:33 PM
yer have heard of quite a few problems.

glad i havent done mine yet

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/poll-is-ios-4-causing-you-grief/

BradstaMS
22nd June 2010, 05:51 PM
multitasking can diiiiiieeeeeeeee

KingOfAstras
22nd June 2010, 09:36 PM
yer have heard of quite a few problems.

glad i havent done mine yet

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/poll-is-ios-4-causing-you-grief/

It's only a few cases really. Which is why you back up your blobs using Umbrella or the likes and then point the Apple server to your localhost (127.0.0.1) - That way you can always go back to what you had ;-)

Nurb608
22nd June 2010, 10:22 PM
Mines done with no issues :)

ChrisMaz
29th June 2010, 01:17 AM
I'm just jealous

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/newphone.png

GreyRex
30th June 2010, 10:40 AM
Bit late on this thread, but ah well

I've gotta say, I find this iPhone hysteria funny

I'm not tryin to put it down (i already own and love my iMac comp), but all these so called 'features' are touted as being 'new and fantastic' on the iPhone... yet have mostly been around for years. So am i missing something...?? My trusty old Nokia 6500 slide has video calling, blue tooth, 3.2mp camera... and a battery that seems to work absolutely fine after 2.5 years

I'm out of contract now... yet I don't know if i should upgrade to an iPhone 4, cuz there's almost an expectation that they don't last

After experiencing the crap battery life on my iPod... don't know what im gonna do atm

hazrd
30th June 2010, 11:12 AM
just updated mine

sofar so good....

Ooie
30th June 2010, 01:29 PM
Mine definately runs slower with OS4, hangs sometimes and there can be delays when you press a button etc...

I do love folders tho! I have reduced my number of screens from 6 to 1!

astra in oz
30th June 2010, 06:49 PM
Mine ran like a dog when I first did the upgrade.. But it has got its shit together now... Amazing what a couple of power offs and ons and system reset will do :P

Vectracious
4th July 2010, 11:03 PM
yet I don't know if i should upgrade to an iPhone 4, cuz there's almost an expectation that they don't last

After experiencing the crap battery life on my iPod... don't know what im gonna do atm

Don't - unless you want to have a phone that you need to hold in a certain way so it can make a call because your hands stuff up the antenna.... :rolleyes:

Go Stevie!!!!!!

Ice
5th July 2010, 11:20 AM
Seen Apples excuse !

what a copout....pffft.... ahs really turned me off the device.

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/iphone/stunned-apple-blames-software-for-reception-woes-20100705-zwbe.html?autostart=1

poita
5th July 2010, 01:03 PM
hence why im waiting until next year to upgrade to one.

when they sort all the shit out

Ice
5th July 2010, 02:39 PM
hence why im waiting until next year to upgrade to one.

when they sort all the shit out

im going to buy a htc me thinks......just not a fan of their inability to admit their errors.

poita
5th July 2010, 02:41 PM
i will never buy another HTC after having a diamond.

its scarred me bad, was the biggest pos i've ever had

Nurb608
5th July 2010, 02:54 PM

Your not wrong, i never thought they were that bad and that kylie was just a big whinger :D But after swaping the iphone for it to use as a spare phone, worst one ive ever used!

PS88
5th July 2010, 03:39 PM
Same here im currently using my HTC touch pro and compare to Iphone Htc laggedd and slow.. Lols Cant wait to get my hands on Iphone 4..

Vectracious
5th July 2010, 10:46 PM

agree about HTC - after living with my TyTN II for a year and a bit, I swore I would never ever get another one. Took me a couple of days to get used to the speed of the Blackberry and the call quality.

PS88
30th July 2010, 05:09 PM
The iPhone 4 has arrived in Australia...

Ordered my Iphone4 today.

poita
30th July 2010, 06:25 PM
not getting one for a little while, will cost me over $500 to pay out my contract

PO15KA
30th July 2010, 06:35 PM
faken!, i should have asked you boys before i agreed for Voda to send me a HTC Legend :(

i mean, i have had it since last friday and so far its good, clear calls, the touch screen is responsive and the layout is good. (its running Android 2.1)

time will show...

Neeko
30th July 2010, 07:03 PM
not getting one for a little while, will cost me over $500 to pay out my contract
i have to pay an extra $37 per month + $79 per month for 2 years. Bit pricey me thinks.
Have they sorted out the bugs?

poita
30th July 2010, 07:08 PM
i will get mine on a $49 cap plan, eventually.....

SSS_Hoon
1st August 2010, 05:41 PM
i will most likely get mine on the 59 cap unlimited sms. and 20 cheaper then im paying now with my N96.

SSS_Hoon

Ice
2nd August 2010, 07:53 AM
agree about HTC - after living with my TyTN II for a year and a bit, I swore I would never ever get another one. Took me a couple of days to get used to the speed of the Blackberry and the call quality.

shame, im pretty sure the new HTC's out are very good......hang on most of them. While the nexus one is meant to be awesome, ive heard of countless stories where people are getting screen burn after only a month.....A MONTH ???? I mean comon wtf ?! however the HTC desire has got some really good reviews only your stuck with Telstra. The Blackberry......well I do like it but we have been having issues here at work where they will just crash and all the data gets wiped. Gives us an error which i cant rememeber but the fix is to reload the OS ! despite always backing up the BB's its a pain in the arse when you have hundreds of new users.

Saw the iphone yesterday. Gotta say im very impressed although it seems pretty limited as to what it can do and running everything through iTunes would shit me. Another attempt for Apple to govern everything you do.

PS88
2nd August 2010, 09:13 AM
Received my Iphone 4 today XD

2002_XC
2nd August 2010, 09:30 AM
who did you order it from and when? I'm hanging for mine

PS88
2nd August 2010, 10:00 AM
I made my order on the very first day came out.. NETWORK: with 3
I was surprised by the fast delivery

2002_XC
2nd August 2010, 10:11 AM
i just rang them (3 also) mine's being delivered sometime tomorrow... :)

SSS_Hoon
2nd August 2010, 02:45 PM
just went into optus and OMFG upto a 6 week wait.

maybe shorter seeing as i want the 32gig not the 16gig

SSS_Hoon

PS88
2nd August 2010, 03:13 PM
With the new iphone4 u wont be able to use normal SIM card from previous phones.. Is smaller and half the size of normal SIM..
Graphic = crystal clear and super fast web

SSS_Hoon
2nd August 2010, 03:37 PM
yeah its a micro sim, same as the IPAD

SSS_Hoon

poita
2nd August 2010, 06:41 PM
fixed ;)

http://www.gadgetvenue.com/sim-microsim-cutting-tool-05294034/

Ooie
3rd August 2010, 08:55 AM
Is the micro-sim just an invention of apple to make us get a new sim card so that they cannot be hot-swapped between devices? Or is this going to become the industry norm?

Ice
3rd August 2010, 09:39 AM
Is the micro-sim just an invention of apple to make us get a new sim card so that they cannot be hot-swapped between devices? Or is this going to become the industry norm?

yeh good question. It wouldnt surprise me tbh....damn Apple.

Ice
3rd August 2010, 09:41 AM
fixed ;)

http://www.gadgetvenue.com/sim-microsim-cutting-tool-05294034/

ahhh and this would really work ? haha

poita
3rd August 2010, 09:41 AM
will become industry norm

2002_XC
3rd August 2010, 10:14 AM
bah, between yesterday and today they have run out of stock, so mine wont come until the end of the week

poita
3rd August 2010, 10:19 AM
bah, between yesterday and today they have run out of stock, so mine wont come until the end of the week

i reckon it will be 2 mths before you see yours :p

PS88
3rd August 2010, 01:09 PM
Lols nah wont be 2 moths, I think u have to wait like 2 weeks or so before they get new stocks.. Is on '3' Website.
Need one of these when i go back overseas http://www.gadgetvenue.com/sim-micro...tool-05294034/ (http://www.gadgetvenue.com/sim-microsim-cutting-tool-05294034/)

jastra
3rd August 2010, 04:28 PM
any 3gs owners have trouble updating to ios4?? mine keeps getting stuck...

hazrd
3rd August 2010, 04:30 PM
no dramas for me
so im assuming itunes downloaded the update for you no troubles, and its just locking up upon install?

try backing up then doing a restore, then try and update it, and see how that foes

jastra
3rd August 2010, 05:24 PM
yeh downloaded it no problems... ive tried all that its really weird... it hangs at about 75%

2002_XC
6th August 2010, 09:10 AM
I made my order on the very first day came out.. NETWORK: with 3
I was surprised by the fast delivery

did you order it online or over then phone? I'm still waiting and I ordered it the same day as you :(

PS88
6th August 2010, 10:35 AM
On the phone, (3hr) wait though lol You might have to wait like 2 weeks

2002_XC
10th August 2010, 01:03 PM
Well I got mine yesterday and I'm in love. I haven't been able to do the "death grip" that every one has been complaining about, so hopefully it's all good

PS88
10th August 2010, 01:32 PM
what the hell is 'Death grip' ?

2002_XC
10th August 2010, 01:33 PM
the loss of signal when you hold it in a particular way....

i havent been able to recreate it, look of the apple website, itll tell you what its about

PS88
10th August 2010, 01:36 PM
i got a case with my iphone4.. no drops out for me yet lols

2002_XC
10th August 2010, 01:40 PM
i got a case with my iphone4.. no drops out for me yet lols

http://www.apple.com/au/antenna/

the case fixes the issue, which is why they are doing the free bumper thing to fix it. even without a cover/bumper, im not having any issues

PS88
10th August 2010, 02:31 PM
Dont think we are eligible to get the cover/bumper for free since we didnt buy it

2002_XC
10th August 2010, 02:47 PM
Dont think we are eligible to get the cover/bumper for free since we didnt buy it

yeah, we are, you have to download the iphone 4 case program app and order it through there. ordered mine last night

PS88
10th August 2010, 03:03 PM
Yea i found it hehe thanks mate..
which ones did you get ?
i got the Griffin etch

2002_XC
10th August 2010, 07:38 PM
Yea i found it hehe thanks mate..
which ones did you get ?
i got the Griffin etch

I just got the clear belkin one. Can't remember which one

xplosv57
14th August 2010, 10:01 AM
was considering getting an iPhone 4 this morning when i saw how good the contracts are from Vodafone...

but after reading this thread im thinking otherwise...

any other suggestions?? i have no interest in all the nerd stuff, just want something that takes good pics/videos, wont slow down when the memory gets used, good battery life and plays music.

2002_XC
14th August 2010, 10:28 AM
was considering getting an iPhone 4 this morning when i saw how good the contracts are from Vodafone...

but after reading this thread im thinking otherwise...

any other suggestions?? i have no interest in all the nerd stuff, just want something that takes good pics/videos, wont slow down when the memory gets used, good battery life and plays music.

I am extremely happy with mine, and I wouldn't recommend anything else

Ice
14th August 2010, 11:32 AM
Its either BMW or Mercedes

well Steve you wont get good battery life on any smart phone really. Youll get a day out of them and possible a touch more if your not using as many features but I mean, you have a car charger, wall charger so Its just something you have to suck up as I was looking for the same when buying one but they simply havent got that far advanced yet. If you want battery life get a blackberry but then you miss out on other components that you want. Ive been tossing up for ages on the Samsung Galaxy S and the iPhone4. I have read dozens of reviews and you know last night i had a ****en dream the Galaxy S came out on 3 mobile, haha yes thats how many ive read.

If you want good video, pics and music then they really are both on level par. Yes the iphone does have the better display but to the naked eye, you cannot tell the difference ! Ive read that music quality is slightly better on the iphone when used with headphones.

Ide say go for the iphone mate, it looks better than the samsung and it has what you need. The signal issues people were talking about where only due to crappy US Networks and no one ive spoken to here with the new 4G has said they have had any problems. Just buy a case for it mate because if you drop it its going to cost you alot of money to fix it.

I wont be getting the iphone, but rather the samsung as I cant live with the fact everything is governed with iTunes .... grrrr to Apple.

2002_XC
14th August 2010, 11:39 AM
Its either BMW or Mercedes

well Steve you wont get good battery life on any smart phone really. Youll get a day out of them and possible a touch more if your not using as many features but I mean, you have a car charger, wall charger so Its just something you have to suck up as I was looking for the same when buying one but they simply havent got that far advanced yet. If you want battery life get a blackberry but then you miss out on other components that you want. Ive been tossing up for ages on the Samsung Galaxy S and the iPhone4. I have read dozens of reviews and you know last night i had a ****en dream the Galaxy S came out on 3 mobile, haha yes thats how many ive read.

If you want good video, pics and music then they really are both on level par. Yes the iphone does have the better display but to the naked eye, you cannot tell the difference ! Ive read that music quality is slightly better on the iphone when used with headphones.

Ide say go for the iphone mate, it looks better than the samsung and it has what you need. The signal issues people were talking about where only due to crappy US Networks and no one ive spoken to here with the new 4G has said they have had any problems. Just buy a case for it mate because if you drop it its going to cost you alot of money to fix it.

I wont be getting the iphone, but rather the samsung as I cant live with the fact everything is governed with iTunes .... grrrr to Apple.

Correct about the signal issues. the display is alot clearer than the 3gs, the camera is a shit load better and if you get it before the end of september, it comes with a free case anyway.

PS88
14th August 2010, 02:35 PM
I remember when Iphone 3gs came out and all of my mates had one, so i decided to get HTC Touch instead but then after about a month later ended up getting Iphone 3gs.. SRSLY nothing can beat Iphone, Samsung Galaxy S = i belive copy most of the features of Iphone. I am not a nerd or anything but i highly recommended Iphone4.

hazrd
14th August 2010, 05:27 PM
had a play with the 4 at JB's today

definitely a much clearer screen, and even though its not rounded like the 3gs it still fits nicely in your hand

poita
14th August 2010, 06:52 PM
did you jailbrake teh display model? :lol:

been happening to iPhone 4 in mac stores all over the US

hazrd
14th August 2010, 06:55 PM
LOL really? thats gold!!

might have a crack at it next tine :p

poita
14th August 2010, 06:56 PM
well its all web based now remember ;)

Ice
14th August 2010, 07:36 PM
I remember when Iphone 3gs came out and all of my mates had one, so i decided to get HTC Touch instead but then after about a month later ended up getting Iphone 3gs.. SRSLY nothing can beat Iphone, Samsung Galaxy S = i belive copy most of the features of Iphone. I am not a nerd or anything but i highly recommended Iphone4.

matter of opinion, and yes ide say alot of smartphones now copy the iphone but remember they have also come along way and in alot of cases have improved themselves over the iphone.

ROCCO
19th August 2010, 08:29 PM
I know I said I wasn't going to get one...but seeing telstra ****ed up and gave me a Iphone 4 instead of a 3gs...I can't say no hahaha...IPHONE 4 FTW

PS88
19th August 2010, 10:20 PM
Lol that's so fukin lucky man haha.. Nice one

SSS_Hoon
20th August 2010, 02:20 PM
still waiting for mine, 2 weeks now.

have it on raincheck im paying for it and not got it yet lol.

Was told upto 6 weeks for the 32gig version at optus.

SSS_Hoon

SSS_Hoon
1st September 2010, 12:47 PM
got my iphone4 about time.

not all that impressed with it just yet, once i get used to it maybe things will be different.

a question when putting music onto it, there is the auto add to iphone folder where u drop the files/folders and it auto puts it into itunes for u to sync to ya fone. My question is y does it not do all, there is heaps of files that are in a not added folder and they wont go into itunes even if i try it manually.

SSS_Hoon

Ooie
9th September 2010, 09:09 PM
Currently in the process of upgrading to iOS4.1

Apparently is solves a lot of the latency issues on the 3g & 3gs that were a result of iOS4.

Fingers crossed..

poita
9th September 2010, 09:31 PM
let me know how you go, still on 3.1.3 on my 3G

MAD-16V
14th September 2010, 08:10 PM
4.1 is much faster than 4.0 on my 3g ( 4.0 on a 3g is a disgrace ) - but it's still no where near as fast as the 3.x.x series firmware.

poita
14th September 2010, 08:12 PM
hmmm still not enough reason for me to upgrade

hanging onto 3.1.3 as long as i can :lol:

Ice
14th September 2010, 09:36 PM
just thought ide pop in and say hi to you iphone use...suckers :) just flashed my Galaxy and now I have Froyo 2.2 and FLASH 10.1 :)

Neeko
16th September 2010, 11:37 AM
hmmm still not enough reason for me to upgrade

hanging onto 3.1.3 as long as i can :lol:

i'm on 3.0.1 lol
I'm afraid i can't hold out much longer! Heaps of apps are failing lol

poita
16th September 2010, 11:39 AM
4.2 developers version has just come out.

they are pumping out the updates now

apparently has a new app, called AirPrint. where you can send a document from your iphone/ipad over wifi to a printer

SIMid
4th October 2010, 04:00 PM
Is it possible to have 2 Sim cards with the same number? One standard and one micro? Or does one have to be de-registered?

poita
4th October 2010, 06:13 PM
afaik cant be done, since a sim card has its own unique number

SIMid
4th October 2010, 08:27 PM
Just found out U can get a microsim converter. All is well. :)

poita
4th October 2010, 08:33 PM
why didnt you ask that instead :p

SIMid
4th October 2010, 08:48 PM
If I decide to get the iPhone, i want to still use my HTC if I go overseas with it. Plus I thought U would have told me this option! :p

poita
4th October 2010, 08:51 PM
but once you cut it out, can you make it big again?

SIMid
4th October 2010, 09:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Micro-SIM-Card-Converter-Adapter-iPhone-4-16GB-32GB-/250681482675?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item3a5dc7ddb3

boorny88
29th October 2010, 08:39 PM
just got my iphone4 today so happy with it so much beta then the lg touch screen i had

hazrd
29th October 2010, 09:15 PM
just got my iphone4 today so happy with it so much beta then the lg touch screen i had

LG
lifes gay

xplosv57
29th October 2010, 09:20 PM
ill more than likely be getting one next week too, the nokia is on life support at the moment, screen keeps flickering!!

poita
29th October 2010, 10:28 PM
ill more than likely be getting one next week too, the nokia is on life support at the moment, screen keeps flickering!!

then you can be like the rest of them, putting in a pin number everytime you want to use your phone :p

boorny88
29th October 2010, 10:44 PM
i like my iphone4 haha its the best phone i have had for a long time

xplosv57
30th October 2010, 06:53 AM
then you can be like the rest of them, putting in a pin number everytime you want to use your phone :p

it pains me even thinking about it.........

SSS_Hoon
30th October 2010, 07:08 AM
What's this need a pin number thing?

SSS_Hoon

chrissn89
30th October 2010, 09:29 AM
What's this need a pin number thing?

SSS_Hoon

Only if youve got a PIN number set up on it. If you want to have a play around with it its under; settings -> general -> passcode lock.

SSS_Hoon
30th October 2010, 03:46 PM
I've seen that setting. Why would u want to do that though what is the main point of it?

SSS_Hoon

poita
30th October 2010, 05:43 PM
so when you sit your phone down and it's locked people cant get into it

just dont put the setting on that wipes your phone after entering it in wrong 10 times.

mate told us about it on his phone, worst thing he could of done

traveltravel
31st October 2010, 04:15 PM
got bored and done this

http://img.whirltools.com/i/89788693465534341415.jpg

ROCCO
2nd November 2010, 07:13 PM
thats pretty cool...a white iphone 4 still prefer my blakc..and so will you when it starts getting dirty :-)

guy 27
2nd November 2010, 07:23 PM
got bored and done this

i don't get it, apart from take a photo what did you do?

http://www.apple.com/au/iphone/gallery/#gallery02

BradstaMS
2nd November 2010, 07:29 PM
got bored and done this

http://img.whirltools.com/i/89788693465534341415.jpg

hooowwwwwwww!?!?! jealous!

poita
2nd November 2010, 07:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/White-Back-Front-Glass-Cover-Button-Iphone-4G-4-TL-/220685886621?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item3361e7649d#ht_3169wt_1139

ROCCO
2nd November 2010, 09:15 PM
yup white iphone isn't available yet....

lee
2nd November 2010, 10:29 PM
yup white iphone isn't available yet....

I reckon we'll never see a white iPhone 4 from Apple. They were just recently delayed again, with a release set for march 2011, but now they aren't on the Apple website at all. If previous releases of new iPhones are anything to go by, they'll announce the iPhone 5 in june/july 2011.

poita
2nd November 2010, 10:34 PM
yep so true lee.

it's the phantom phone

traveltravel
2nd November 2010, 10:53 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/White-Back-Front-Glass-Cover-Button-Iphone-4G-4-TL-/220685886621?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item3361e7649d#ht_3169wt_1139

wont work as the lcd needs to be attached to the front glass, also the back doesnt have the support mount.
so it would be a total waste of money.

hooowwwwwwww!?!?! jealous!

local shops near me did it for me for a price. parts are original / ghost production shift from the apple manufactor, the whole white housing was covered in black protector so they could smuggle out of the factory

I reckon we'll never see a white iPhone 4 from Apple. They were just recently delayed again, with a release set for march 2011, but now they aren't on the Apple website at all. If previous releases of new iPhones are anything to go by, they'll announce the iPhone 5 in june/july 2011.

wont be out on the ip4 its definate.

btm
3rd November 2010, 08:19 AM
and apparently the alarm fix in coming in "a few weeks"

poita
3rd November 2010, 09:34 AM
yer with iOS 4.2

btm
3rd November 2010, 09:40 AM
what else is it updating do you know pete?

SSS_Hoon
3rd November 2010, 10:15 AM
If I use iTunes to update to 4.1 from my current 4.0.2, do I need to do a backup? Or will it do it all for me? Paranoid about losing data from phone.

SSS_Hoon

poita
3rd November 2010, 10:18 AM
what else is it updating do you know pete?

haven't read too much into it tbh. but the other thing i have seen that is new will be AirPrint.
Enables you to print emails, webpages etc over wifi to a network attached printer.
doesnt work on 3G :( another reason for me to upgrade.

If I use iTunes to update to 4.1 from my current 4.0.2, do I need to do a backup? Or will it do it all for me? Paranoid about losing data from phone.

SSS_Hoon

do a full backup with itunes first, then you'll be right

SSS_Hoon
3rd November 2010, 10:36 AM
Excuse The noobness. A full backup? Now when I plug into iTunes it does it's thing and says back up is that a full back up or do I need to do something else?

4.2 also has airplay can stream to compatabile devices music n movies. The air print only works with certain hp printers at the moment and certain printers on the same network.

SSS_Hoon

Neeko
3rd November 2010, 10:42 AM
Excuse The noobness. A full backup? Now when I plug into iTunes it does it's thing and says back up is that a full back up or do I need to do something else?

4.2 also has airplay can stream to compatabile devices music n movies. The air print only works with certain hp printers at the moment and certain printers on the same network.

SSS_Hoon

Thats the one!
Even remembers every single setting on your phone.

poita
3rd November 2010, 10:47 AM

SSS_Hoon

have read of it working with a canon that was about 6 years old. just plugged into usb on a laptop and shared on the network.

not that i will know about it, stupid 3G

SSS_Hoon
3rd November 2010, 12:46 PM
All done and all seems good.

Although the HDR photo option ain't all that impressive. And game centre none of my games are game centre games. So was a waste of a update lol.

SSS_Hoon

PS88
3rd November 2010, 09:30 PM
Hey guys

Anyone wanting to sell me their Used Iphone 3g/3gs or what ever ?
PM me thanks + Price

My cuz is looking for a used clean phone.

SSS_Hoon
5th November 2010, 08:42 AM
Anyone using their iphone4 in the car? If so what are u using is it just a fm modulater? If so what one are u using?

SSS_Hoon

guy 27
5th November 2010, 08:48 AM
I used to use a belkin fm transmitter years ago before I got an ipod/phone compatible headunit.
reception was better than the tape converter.

quality was less than radio broadcasting though.

SIMid
5th November 2010, 03:56 PM
I used to use a belkin fm transmitter years ago before I got an ipod/phone compatible headunit.
reception was better than the tape converter.

quality was less than radio broadcasting though.

Mines been pretty good, U need to scan through the frequency till U get a good connection

SSS_Hoon
6th November 2010, 04:07 PM
Wife has a tunecast for her iPod. And I used it the other day and worked ok. Seen jb has it for 80 so I think that will be the go. Could get the correct one for my hu but if I got a new car I'd only need to get another one anyway.

SSS_Hoon

btm
9th November 2010, 09:22 AM
anyone else get screwed with their alarm this morning? it appears they've fixed the reoccuring alarm problem without me having to update anything... alarm went off an hour late this morning!!

PS88
9th November 2010, 05:34 PM
anyone else get screwed with their alarm this morning? it appears they've fixed the reoccuring alarm problem without me having to update anything... alarm went off an hour late this morning!!

It was because of the storm last night

btm
10th November 2010, 09:01 AM
nah, apple confirmed they fixed the alarm issue. just didnt tell anyone