PDA

View Full Version : '99 Astra G - What's it worth?

xcgumby
5th June 2010, 11:36 AM
I'm about to put my Astra G on carsales... I was wondering what people reckon its worth...

Its a '99 CD blue 5dr X18XE1 140 000kms, auto, elec windows/mirrors/cruise/traction/abs. Tint. Advanti Medusa 16". New-ish blau HU, alpine splits, Ausvectra Mat supplied an upgraded ECU program, foam pod, whiteline rear ARB. BF Goodrich 215s. Gearbox re-build at $3500 (sheesh they saw me coming).

New rotors front; rear are 20k kms; new seals front calipers; bendix diamond pads; foam air filter. New hatch struts. Replaced timing belt/water pump a month ago

Paint is sad - clear coat fail on the roof from a bat strike, door dings etc. Other things I need to fix are shifter & handbrake boots; bonnet release; antenna base.

guy 27
5th June 2010, 12:04 PM
redbook

* Private Price Guide$3,700 - $5,200 * Trade In Price Guide$1,700 - $3,200 * Average Km165,000 - 275,000

I would price at $6k and let people haggle down from their. Wouldn't expect more than $5k for it though to be honest.

I would suggest selling some of the mods off to get a bit more cash in.

metry
5th June 2010, 02:15 PM
my grandmas was insured for maret value and when it got written off we got 7.2k for it. just go on car sales and see what astras in similar condition are going for

Keep'emRunning
6th June 2010, 08:17 AM
sold mine a year ago for 5k. Had new wheels and bodykit worth nearly 3k alone!

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?22258-Hey-Guys&p=422193&viewfull=1#post422193

Ice
6th June 2010, 01:35 PM
Sounds like youve replaced all the parts and is now new as, haha.

Ide sell off the non standard mods as it wont make a difference in the price they pay.

Ide be happy with 5 Grand.

ASTRAY
6th June 2010, 03:58 PM
thats fkn sad guy,,,, $1700 trade in,,,,,,, id tell the dealer where to shove his 1.7k, infact id shove it up there for him myself.

give it a good clean, bodge up the things you need to fix, take the wheels off and spray inside the wheel arches with cheap black supercheap paint, put some armor all or something else on the black exterior bits n peices, tyre black on the wheels, and chuck it on the side of a main road with say 1 or 2k more than what you want.
you will get a buyer, if the first caller wants to cut you down too much, take their number and if the car isnt sold in a week or 2 call them back.
remember, you just want to dress it up to get rid of it, so it doesnt matter if your quick fixes start coming undone in a few months.
if the seats are looking bad,,, go to golo or a cheap place like that and buy $20 seat covers.
if the carpet is looking bad, get some $10 floor mats from the same place.
for about $100 and alot of elbow grease you can add a bit of value to just about any car.
if you spray the brake calipers blue and the springs/shocks red, it will definately be appealing to a p-plater. not trying to stereo type, just being honest.

Ice
6th June 2010, 04:06 PM
Lets not use the word Bodge Astray !

just fix up what you can for as little as possible as you wont really get back what you spend.

I mean the buyer should know the car comes with a certain amount of risk with so many k's and over 10 years old...its simply not going to be perfect and will have its problems. Remember Karma, you wouldnt want to be sold a lemon just as much as the next guy. IMHO