PDA

View Full Version : Irmscher-bitz.com Closing Soon

RiGGs
30th May 2010, 11:01 AM
I have, with much regret decided to close the Australian side of our operation www.irmscher-bitz.com (http://www.irmscher-bitz.com) down within the next few days. There are a few reasons for this, but its mainly because the site is not getting used as often as it did, and that due to being really busy here in the UK I do not get as much time to answer the dozens of emails sent my way from you guys ... not in the detail I'd like anyway.

I've took 100 or so products off already (mainly large Opel parts) that I do not have physical stock of ... any orders still open or received before the close will of course be filled. Only PayPal is now accepted at checkout, the Credit/Debit card option is no longer available.

Its been a good few years trading here before and during the introduction of the Australian site, and I've made many good friends. I'm sure I will still visit the forum now and again ... thanks to all those who purchased from me in the past, its been a real pleasure looking after you. :thumbs:

Dave Rigby
www.carstyle-bits.com (http://www.carstyle-bits.com)

03srit
30th May 2010, 11:09 AM
Sad to hear.. When exactly are you closing down.. I might make a last order for opelizing my car..

sooty
30th May 2010, 11:21 AM
That's really unfortunate Dave, but what with the decease of opel cars being sold in Australia it was kind of inevitable. I'm assuming you're going to keep carstyle-bits running so it's possible we could continue to order from there?
You've always been extremely helpful mate, can't thank you enough!

Nurb608
30th May 2010, 02:52 PM
Dave, sorry to hear mate :( you've helped me out so much over the years and it is greatly appreciated. Wishing you all the best with the rest of your operations!

Shay
30th May 2010, 06:39 PM
Been great dealing with you dave!

KingOfAstras
30th May 2010, 07:36 PM
Dave it's a sad moment, but knowing you're business is booming in the UK is great to hear! Cheers for your great service, and the impossible to find Opel grille for my car :-P

-Jake.

poita
30th May 2010, 09:20 PM
On a forum level it's sad that it has come to this.

You have supported the members and forum over the years, which has been greatly apprciated by myself and others.

Wish you all the best in your future endeavours mate.

And as Ain (Sooty) has asked, can members in Aus still order through your normal site?

ChrisMaz
31st May 2010, 04:10 AM
I guess it was inevitable.

Thank you SO much for your support and dealings with OA. Bought some excellent products from you over the past year.

Good luck in the future.

RiGGs
31st May 2010, 09:16 AM
Cheers everyone :wink5:

Yes my other sites are staying open, and I could mod Carstyle-bits to accept Australian orders if theres enough interest ... I don't have time to do this immediately though.

I plan to close Irmscher-bitz.com 3rd June, and orders are welcome before this happens. From the admin side, I can see who's shopping on the site and will not close it on anyone mid checkout :yikes:

Cheers
Dave

Wraith
31st May 2010, 12:50 PM
That's really unfortunate Dave, but what with the decease of opel cars being sold in Australia it was kind of inevitable. I'm assuming you're going to keep carstyle-bits running so it's possible we could continue to order from there?
You've always been extremely helpful mate, can't thank you enough!

+ 1

As echoed by everyone else, this is a sad event but at least we'll still be able to get items if need be :)

Ooie
1st June 2010, 09:38 PM
Why is it that I only hear about this site when you are closing down?!

Its a shame, but obviously you have your reasons. As others here have said, thanks for your efforts!

boorny88
2nd June 2010, 01:26 PM
sorry to hear riggs all the best mate was a great site thanks for the commitment you put towards your aussie customers

PaulyJ
2nd June 2010, 02:40 PM
Sorry to hear about this.
Thanks for all the help and support you have offered us over the years. We can't thank you enough.
All the best with yuor endeavours. Sounds like they are heading in the right direction.