PDA

View Full Version : BMW M3 GTS Denied Entry into Australia

poita
25th May 2010, 11:57 AM
Apparently it's too low and too loud.
What a crock of shit!!

http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/news-and-reviews/car-news/bmw_m3_gts_denied_aussie_visa?referrer=email&source=Carsguide&emcmp=Cars&emchn=Newsletter&emlist=Member

http://carsguide.com.au/images/uploads/M3GTS_wide.jpg

sooty
25th May 2010, 12:00 PM
more nannying

poita
25th May 2010, 12:05 PM
yep pretty much

boorny88
25th May 2010, 12:33 PM
Man y do we deny nice cars in our country

Wraith
25th May 2010, 12:47 PM
Who cares ?? good car, but next gen will be so much better...ie, if it gets the TTV8 ! read some articles and seen pics on the next gen M5 which will have the TTV8 and it looks awesome too...

Bring on/in the M1 next year when it's released...can't wait to see this babe in the metal :D

'If' BMW don't hold back on the new M1 it'll be one of the best and most affordable M cars ever !

JR
25th May 2010, 12:52 PM
here we r complaining that australia is often overlooked by car manufacturers when it comes to sending cars down here, yet it is the folks at ADR we should b really complaining about!!!
n this is the proof.

Wraith
25th May 2010, 01:00 PM
here we r complaining that australia is often overlooked by car manufacturers when it comes to sending cars down here, yet it is the folks at ADR we should b really complaining about!!!
n this is the proof.

In this case yes, but in most other cases it's the damn Aust. arm of that particular company which won't import for their own reasons...

Eg. VW with the Scirocco and how annoying is it with most other brands not bringing in the full variants list of their models and even not the full colour and/or interior specs list of certain model ranges, yet Countries like NZ get the full spectrum ??

TheOperator
26th May 2010, 04:44 PM
It's cause this country is ****ed :nonod:

Bit like how a normal M3 costs about 65K Aus in US but we pay a 100K premium on top of that!!!

I don't care what they say about smaller markets, different taxes etc, there isn't a 100K disparity :nonod: We are just plain getting ripped off and ****ed over by all the manufacturers :mad5:

dieselhead
26th May 2010, 04:57 PM
What is going on here? Internet filtering, body search for Penthouse and Playboy magazines at the border, banned computer games, now this... Is Australia building its own Iron (ore) curtain or something?
How can it be that some magnificent car is more than good enough for the whole Europe (mind, there's climate quite like ours in the South, too) but it would somehow have issues down under???

Nurb608
26th May 2010, 04:58 PM
It's all to protect the fragile local market. Yes, we would prefer not to have to pay the extra, but at the sacrafice of our automotive companies, I can see why they do it.

xplosv57
26th May 2010, 05:06 PM
i don't see the issue, the E46 M3 CSL sold in very limited numbers and the amount of hassle BMW Aus had with bringing that car here, i am not suprised they aren't bringing this one here...

seriously, who here can afford one anyways??

JohnBu
26th May 2010, 05:12 PM
I can afford one....wheel.

I love it.

Calibrated
26th May 2010, 05:43 PM
my cousin's boyfriend has one in cape town.

its one of those cars that you just cant stop smiling. wether you are outside looking at it, sitting in it, or driving it.

that, and it gets to 300 very very quickly.

Shay
26th May 2010, 09:35 PM
Who cares ?? good car, but next gen will be so much better...ie, if it gets the TTV8 ! read some articles and seen pics on the next gen M5 which will have the TTV8 and it looks awesome too...

Bring on/in the M1 next year when it's released...can't wait to see this babe in the metal :D

'If' BMW don't hold back on the new M1 it'll be one of the best and most affordable M cars ever !

are you talking about a M version of the 1 series?
or the M1 concept?

btm
27th May 2010, 10:54 AM
i'd deny it because of the colour!

Wraith
27th May 2010, 10:18 PM
are you talking about a M version of the 1 series?
or the M1 concept?

M1 variant of the 1 series...ie. the ultimate 1er with performance over the 135i :)

Will have widened front and rear track, bonnet vents, wing vents, deeper front bar, further boosted already boosted 3.0ltr TT IL6 (reports suggest 260kw / 500nm) full LSD E-diff RWD set up and that beautiful BMW twin clutch trans the DCT 7spd, M spec seats, dash and interior appointments and access to all the other goodies featured or available on the 135i...

Here's one rendering that looks the goods, except for the copied E92 M3 bonnet which I doubt it'll have - bring on this little babe :)

http://i45.tinypic.com/6sdoa0.jpg

And the vert...

http://i47.tinypic.com/aywxf.jpg