PDA

View Full Version : chopped veccy c springs

adam_92
24th May 2010, 11:25 AM
hey i was just wondering if its possible 2 chop the veccy c springs? I was gonna buy rorys eibach springs but got a big unexpected bill and cant really afford them now but i want to lower the car. I know on the barina they are barrel shaped springs so you couldnt chop them down but the veccy ones look like normal cylinder shaped springs ? PLEASE HELP !

Thanks

xplosv57
24th May 2010, 11:27 AM
hey i was just wondering if its possible 2 chop the veccy c springs? I was gonna buy rorys eibach springs but got a big unexpected bill and cant really afford them now but i want to lower the car. I know on the barina they are barrel shaped springs so you couldnt chop them down but the veccy ones look like normal cylinder shaped springs ? PLEASE HELP !

Thanks

Im gonna tell you what everyone after me is gonna tell you........

DONT DO IT.

If you can't afford it now, wait till you can, it's not a necessity to have a lowered car and risking it by cutting the springs is just plain stupid!!

gmonkey
24th May 2010, 11:34 AM
Im gonna tell you what everyone after me is gonna tell you........

DONT DO IT.

If you can't afford it now, wait till you can, it's not a necessity to have a lowered car and risking it by cutting the springs is just plain stupid!!

+1 it's very dangerous and will cost you more in long rung as can damage shocks or come off bump stops or even if cops inspect it u could get a canary.. Just get some cheaper springs even if you have to it doesn't HAVE to be eibach there is other cheaper good options. I got my lovells for a full set was just over $200

auzvectra
24th May 2010, 12:08 PM
+1 aswell, or should i say +100!!!

not to mention highly illegal and very very dangerous!!

nuggz
24th May 2010, 12:20 PM
Rorys Eibachs are $200
i would wait till you can afford them

at that price they are a steal

xplosv57
24th May 2010, 12:23 PM
Rorys Eibachs are $200

are you serious??

makes chopping the springs an even more stupid idea at that price.........

JohnBu
24th May 2010, 12:27 PM
as above..

if you're going to do it, do it right.

InsaneAsylum
24th May 2010, 12:44 PM
1. yes you can chop the veccy c springs, hell you can chop the roof off a veccy c if you really want to.
2. chopped springs are illegal, dangerous and shit. they'll give you a bouncy ride and will sag in no time.

my advice: be patient and wait until you can buy a set of lowered springs. fit them or get them fitted and get a 4 wheel alignment afterwards to make sure everythings pointing in the right direction.

JR
24th May 2010, 01:07 PM
*** JR shakes his head in disappointment ***

Nurb608
24th May 2010, 01:23 PM
Rorys Eibachs are $200

He was going to get these but is a bit strapped for cash. These are now sold to another guy now though.

adam_92
24th May 2010, 01:35 PM
oh well scrap that idea then. i dont want any defects or shit like that. it was only gonna be a temporary measure until i could afford the proper springs but it can wait until i save a bit of money. it doesnt need them it just would have been nice to lower it a bit more.

gmonkey
24th May 2010, 01:44 PM
Just keep an eye out for cheap springs on eBay and here.. I'm not sure how much u care about quality but kings are always cheap but be warned ;) u get what you pay for

adam_92
24th May 2010, 07:04 PM
nah i want good quality. il just save and wait a bit longer. its not urgent

poita
24th May 2010, 07:08 PM
oh dear adam, what are you thinking.......

read all posts above very carefully, please dont do it

InsaneAsylum
25th May 2010, 10:21 AM
to the original poster: speak to GSR Rallysport about prices for a set of king springs.

adam_92
25th May 2010, 01:05 PM
i dunno haha, it was smoko at work and i was just thinking of things i could do to my car... im not going to do it now i didnt realise how bad it is for the car and how illegal it is