PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Car Insurance?

MAD-16V
17th May 2010, 10:11 PM
Just wondering how much you people are paying for your comprehensive car insurance in Sydney.

I have been with nrma for the entire life of my vehicle , Recently having moved to Sydney the price of my policy has almost doubled.

last year was $700 with a value of $9600 - Garaged on the south coast.

This year they want $1400 with a value of $7000 , Not garaged in Marrickville.

Seems way too high , Even just car insurance want $1100.

All of the commercials I see on the tv will not agree to insure a modified car.

So any recommendations?

DAWN
17th May 2010, 10:28 PM
Give Shannon a go, My first insurance for Calibra 4x4 was 1600 with Shanon, then i moved into Justcar just for 550/year then 510/year for a value of 9600
In my opinion Shannon is teh best to insure modified cars, they still offer me the value of 12000 for 94 calibra 4x4(including modification)
If you wanna go for cheaper option ....why not Bingle ?

guy 27
17th May 2010, 10:32 PM
If you wanna go for cheaper option ....why not Bingle ?

they won't touch modified cars. :(

gman
18th May 2010, 07:10 AM
The reason it's so expensive is your now living in the inner city of Sydney where cars are broken in to or stolen regularly, it's not garaged so it has no off street protection and sounds like it modified.

Try AAMI as well but I'm with Shannons and they are great! That's the price you pay for living on Sydney and being ripped off blind!!!

btm
18th May 2010, 08:55 AM
i pay about $400/year for mine insured for $15K, but that's only for 5,000km of driving though

MAD-16V
18th May 2010, 08:55 PM
The reason it's so expensive is your now living in the inner city of Sydney where cars are broken in to or stolen regularly, it's not garaged so it has no off street protection and sounds like it modified.

Try AAMI as well but I'm with Shannons and they are great! That's the price you pay for living on Sydney and being ripped off blind!!!

AAMI are the cheapest so far with $850.

i pay about $400/year for mine insured for $15K, but that's only for 5,000km of driving though

I suppose that is the benefit of having an unmodified vehicle?