PDA

View Full Version : 30K Service AH Sri-T

Senor Ed
12th May 2010, 08:40 AM
Just a quick one for those with AH Sri-T's.

Had my car serviced yesterday, it cost me $385 which I thought was reasonable (they washed the car, took care of any niggles I had with little bits of interior trim and it was timely).

I was also told that there has been a recall on the exhaust manifold studs and that I would have to take the car back next week to get it replaced.

If you have a turb, maybe it wouldn't hurt to contact Holden and get the remedy.

Nurb608
12th May 2010, 10:16 AM
I was also told that there has been a recall on the exhaust manifold studs and that I would have to take the car back next week to get it replaced.

If you have a turb, maybe it wouldn't hurt to contact Holden and get the remedy.

I had the recall number for this somewhere, but yes, definately worth giving them a call and see if your car is on the list. Applys to VXR's aswell. Basically if you don't have the right bolts in from the factory, your manifold will crack, and then you have to replace the manifold and turbo as they only come as a single unit.

SIMid
12th May 2010, 12:36 PM
How long has this recall been out? My warranty just expired.

Nurb608
12th May 2010, 02:08 PM

Atleast 6 months in the UK, but this is the first I've heard of Holden actually telling someone about it.

nigelh
12th May 2010, 02:24 PM

I'm sure with a recall they still have to do the recall even if the car is out of warranty.

SIMid
16th May 2010, 11:10 AM
Hmmm, U would think they would have sent a letter in the mail or contacted me on my mobile. I'll wait a bit longer and see if me or anyone else here gets a call/mail.

Nurb608
17th May 2010, 04:20 PM
OK, if you want to check your self, because seriously, who thinks Holden want people to know, check your Vin against the recall letter.

http://img231.imageshack.us/i/45074111kd6.jpg/