PDA

View Full Version : Neekos Unfortunate Accident

Neeko
11th May 2010, 09:55 PM
This afternoon at 5pm my car had an encounter with a 2002 VW Golf at an intersection in Boonah. I was travelling at approximately 45km/h as I approached the busy intersection when suddenly a car travelled straight across my path. Natural reaction caused me to swerve as fast as I could whilst applying the brake. Unfortunately it was pouring down so the inevitable happened. I had to T-bone the golf :( Lucky for the passenger i was able to swerve just enough for all of the impact to be taken on the front left wheel. Luckily no one was hurt. My car took quite a beating though.

It was his fault of course for travelling straight into my path. He's a korean that has his international license, has been in Australia for 2 days and can not speak a word of english. Oh and of course no insurance.

Big massive Fuking sigh

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/012-2.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/011-2.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/010-3.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/008-4.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/007-6.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/006-4.jpg
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/005-6.jpg
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/004-5.jpg
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/003-4.jpg

bender
11th May 2010, 09:58 PM
nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo

i feel your pain man i feel your pain
good luck with getting it fised

Jerram
11th May 2010, 09:58 PM
should buff right out :P

och sorry to hear that mate!

fingers crossed it's not bent up where it matters - bags didn't trigger?

poita
11th May 2010, 10:00 PM
mother****er!!

so not cool dude, so not cool

are you and your passenger ok?

auzvectra
11th May 2010, 10:00 PM
U DAMAGED THE NEW PLATES!!!!

not good, hard to see how bad it is from the pics. hope it's easily fixable.

HoldenAstra
11th May 2010, 10:02 PM
oh no.....pain....
the guy deserves the BIG bill! But the Corsa will never be the same as before. Sorry for you, mate!

hazrd
11th May 2010, 10:04 PM
Nico noooo :(

that's fkd man.. I know it looks bad but I'm hoping it's just a few bent panels

:(

sooty
11th May 2010, 10:04 PM
It'll be as good as new in no time mate!
Sometimes there's just no luck :(

guy 27
11th May 2010, 10:06 PM
thats no good dude.
let me know if you need any help with the repairs.

03srit
11th May 2010, 10:06 PM
Damn! Hope you get it fixed!

Neeko
11th May 2010, 10:12 PM
It will never be the same again. :(
The police officer fully went off at the Korean because he assumed that i was in the wrong. Out came the abuse when he had to explain road rules about giving way to people.
What a shit day, seriously.

U DAMAGED THE NEW PLATES!!!!

not good, hard to see how bad it is from the pics. hope it's easily fixable.
Funnily enough thats exactly what i said.

oh and pete i was by myself. He had a passenger that hit his window at a million miles an hour.

vectraguy01
11th May 2010, 10:12 PM
Dang dude, sorry to hear about it ay..

Neeko
11th May 2010, 10:15 PM
and no airbags didnt deploy

Taffy
11th May 2010, 10:15 PM
Gutted for you! So if the other driver doesn't have insurance, are you able to claim against him in court? In the UK it's a criminal offence to not have insurance so no idea how it all works here!?

Is now a good time to mention that my 1.8 is up for sale ;)

greeny
11th May 2010, 10:16 PM
sorry to here that hope things turn out alright for yourself and your car

Shay
11th May 2010, 10:24 PM
oh man, died a little in side :(

most important, is the right hand morrete ok? those would be almost irreplaceable i would have thought.

Neeko
11th May 2010, 10:33 PM
Gutted for you! So if the other driver doesn't have insurance, are you able to claim against him in court? In the UK it's a criminal offence to not have insurance so no idea how it all works here!?

Is now a good time to mention that my 1.8 is up for sale ;)

well the car belongs to the owner of a carrot farm around here. so i'm sure the owner of the car would have it insured.

i think i might step up a car size after this corsa

Neeko
11th May 2010, 10:34 PM
oh man, died a little in side :(

most important, is the right hand morrete ok? those would be almost irreplaceable i would have thought.
left is fine, right is non existant. pretty sure you can't get them anymore.

poita
11th May 2010, 10:35 PM
if need be mate, http://claimsmadeeasy.com.au/

takes a few months to come through, but my olds used it and got paid out when someone pranged into my old man

Taffy
11th May 2010, 10:36 PM
well the car belongs to the owner of a carrot farm around here. so i'm sure the owner of the car would have it insured.

Oh yeah I forgot it's the car that's insured rather than the driver over here! Doesn't look too bad from the pics actually...

i think i might step up a car size after this corsa

Yeah same here, don't blame you. Just trying my luck hehe

chrissn89
11th May 2010, 10:42 PM
Not good at all, like i said on the phone when i heard the sirens going off we said at work oh crap someones had another accident in the wet, then like two seconds later got the message from you and my heart dropped.

She'll be all fixed in no time.

Neeko
11th May 2010, 10:47 PM
Not good at all, like i said on the phone when i heard the sirens going off we said at work oh crap someones had another accident in the wet, then like two seconds later got the message from you and my heart dropped.

She'll be all fixed in no time.

till then ur my taxi :)

Nurb608
11th May 2010, 10:55 PM
Sorry to hear it mate. Really wish that these people would have to sit a road test here before actually being able to drive because it's quite obvious that alot of them have no idea!

Neeko
11th May 2010, 10:56 PM
Sorry to hear it mate. Really wish that these people would have to sit a road test here before actually being able to drive because it's quite obvious that alot of them have no idea!

Didnt have a bloody clue mate. Not even sure if he could read the Words "Give Way". We had to get a translater in because of his poor english skills.

Nurb608
11th May 2010, 10:59 PM
Didnt have a bloody clue mate. Not even sure if he could read the Words "Give Way". We had to get a translater in because of his poor english skills.

Thats shit! Hope it gets sorted out for ya mate.

Shay
11th May 2010, 11:01 PM

if his english is that bad you should just tell him its customary for the person at fault to pay the purchase price of the car in cash to the owner....
how would he know any different...

Ice
11th May 2010, 11:11 PM
Mei Das isst aber Scheisse ! f**ker !

chrissn89
11th May 2010, 11:35 PM
till then ur my taxi :)

Yup, Test'n'tune drags tomorrow. sent nick as message and they're on if it doesnt rain. Ill sent you a messgae mora arvo. Hopefully you can sleep tonight, if not grab a few double blacks a packet of chips and sit in front of the TV ;)

metry
11th May 2010, 11:37 PM
were you insured? cause about 6 months ago dad was driving mums 2008 lancer and some one ran up the back of him. they were uninsured but we were so we went through our insurance company who then in turn chases the party at fault. Just make sure the police report says you werent at fault.

chrissn89
12th May 2010, 12:00 AM
were you insured? cause about 6 months ago dad was driving mums 2008 lancer and some one ran up the back of him. they were uninsured but we were so we went through our insurance company who then in turn chases the party at fault. Just make sure the police report says you werent at fault.
unfortunately Nico is uninsured.... Just hoping the drive at fault is insured. The police report says, Nico was not a fault in anyway and is fully the other drivers fault.

btm
12th May 2010, 09:52 AM
man that sucks balls, sorry to hear. glad to hear you're ok though

boorny88
12th May 2010, 09:58 AM
man that sucks major ass whats going to happen?

lithium
12th May 2010, 10:18 AM
damn, sorry to hear it mate. i've looked at your thread and seen all the work that's gone into that car.
if it's clear the other driver is at fault and you aren't comprehensively insured it's probably a good idea to get legal advice - you should be able to recoup the cost of the repairs via the small claims court. it will be a bit of a pain though!

the most important thing is noone is injured. it might not be all bad though - time for an upgrade!

JR
12th May 2010, 01:43 PM
sorry to hear what happened to u - ur ok, dats da main thing.

things like this are a good example why people with international licenses should not be allowed to drive on our roads!!
its plain ridiculous.
only intenational licenses from certain countries should b allowed.

it wouldn't have been the same story if u were doing 80km/h or something. he's still gonna jump out infront of u cause he still thinks he was not at fault!!
shithouse.

rodsfromday
12th May 2010, 08:33 PM
Shite thats sad!! Glad you's okay but!!

Vectramatic
12th May 2010, 08:42 PM
Terribly bad luck mate

Hope it's sorted and good as new in no time. My turn today (see my sympathy thread, no where near as bad as yours..)

All the best
Blake

Wraith
13th May 2010, 12:49 PM
OUCH !!!!! :(

That's just a case of total bummer luck Neeko...wrong place wrong time and all of that, can understand your anger at least your ok.

Hope it all gets fixed up well and good for you.

Neeko
13th May 2010, 07:53 PM
The Verdict

$7000 damage.

Will write up all about it later.

hazrd
13th May 2010, 07:55 PM
SEVEN GRAND?!??! geez man :(

poita
13th May 2010, 08:01 PM
fark me sideways with a crocked stick

$7k, ouch

PaulyJ
13th May 2010, 08:03 PM
Fark! sorry to here buddy.
Most important thing is that you're ok.

adam_92
13th May 2010, 08:03 PM
fuk mate. if your keeping the barina and you have to pay to get it fixed i have a set of the black bumper strips that you can have for postage costs. there no use to me anymore.

PaulyJ
13th May 2010, 08:04 PM
p.s. if the car is a write off and you're getting rid of the wheels... i got 1st dibs! :D

balker
13th May 2010, 08:05 PM
Wow, not cheap.

poita
13th May 2010, 08:07 PM
dam vultures

hazrd
13th May 2010, 08:10 PM
dam vultures

shocking ! :p

id rather see this baby back on the road...

adam_92
13th May 2010, 08:14 PM
yeah but it might be classed as a economical right off if thats what its called. where the repair costs outweigh the cars value, not just the amount of damage

Keep'emRunning
13th May 2010, 09:06 PM
7k.. must be using genuine holden parts :D

Most panelwackers shy away from opels for that very reason.

JMZ
13th May 2010, 09:44 PM
oh man......Nico. :(

I hope everything sorts itself out mate.

If it is written off, don't let the poachers whisk your car away without consent like they did to Bender!

metry
13th May 2010, 10:02 PM
man when i wrote of my old commodore. i sent it away to get assesed and they wrote it off. i lost my rims, bilstein shocks and kmac suspension kit including front camber kits and front and rear sway bars. if the car is gonna be written off try strip it down completely before it goes cause once the insurance company takes it off you you arent allowed anywhere near the car. i should of towed it home before i sent it to get assesed but i didnt cause i didnt think it was going to be written off.

chrissn89
13th May 2010, 10:21 PM
Remember guys Nico doesn't have insurance neither did the other guy. They've worked out an agreement and the other driver will pay Nico out or he gets his 2002 VW golf.

poita
13th May 2010, 10:24 PM
Remember guys Nico doesn't have insurance neither did the other guy. They've worked out an agreement and the other driver will pay Nico out or he gets his 2002 VW golf.

good to hear things have been sorted out

hazrd
13th May 2010, 10:35 PM
+1

a 2002 golf would be a pretty nice pickup too

Neeko
13th May 2010, 10:37 PM
good to hear things have been sorted out

Well not really, my stepfather "took control" of the situation. Obtained his passport so he can't leave the country and leave me with a messed up car. So tomorrow He will probably pay his debt with his 2002 VW Golf.

adam_92
13th May 2010, 10:43 PM
sounds like a fair deal. u would get more than 7gs for a 02 golf wouldnt you ?

Neeko
13th May 2010, 10:54 PM
sounds like a fair deal. u would get more than 7gs for a 02 golf wouldnt you ?

I'm not sure, he bought I for 10 but his damage hasn't been assessed. The car is driveable though

Shay
14th May 2010, 12:29 AM
so you will have a damaged corsa, and a damaged golf?

auzvectra
14th May 2010, 07:46 AM

quick fix on the golf, sell it then fix the corsa, and upgrade some bits while ur there :).

Neeko
14th May 2010, 10:28 AM

correct, but the golf is minor. Btw ur sig says "we're living Cars" is that what u wanr it to say?

quick fix on the golf, sell it then fix the corsa, and upgrade some bits while ur there :).
I'm not even sure if it's worth fixing back up

Shay
14th May 2010, 11:21 AM
correct, but the golf is minor. Btw ur sig says "we're living Cars" is that what u wanr it to say?

I'm not even sure if it's worth fixing back up

Fairo mate.

and yeah my sig is the Opel motto, tho i thought it meant We Live Cars

Neeko
14th May 2010, 05:42 PM
Some proper pics

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/IMG_0044-1.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/IMG_0041-1.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/IMG_0039-2.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/IMG_0030-1.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/IMG_0027-1.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/IMG_0022.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/IMG_0021-1.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/IMG_0020.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/IMG_0011-1.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/IMG_0008-1.jpg

ope11
14th May 2010, 06:05 PM
hey neeko sorry to hear ,that a real bugger :(
looking at the the pictures ,it looks like a bonnet,side pannel,light and maybe a couple other smaller things
so it might be fixable.
when i smash my at the front i had to replace the fog lights ,new bumper but (u can fix them)might be cheaper, also aircon cooler. hope all go's well

did u bend the chasie at all ?

xplosv57
14th May 2010, 06:10 PM
dont see 7k worth of damage unless all parts are genuine new and priced by Holden......

but if you do decide to strip it, alot of the car is still straight and mechanically the driveline is worth something so a great way to make some money out of a rubbish situation!!

but good luck with everything!!

astra in oz
14th May 2010, 06:28 PM
Hey Man
I havent been here long but have read a lot and seen a lot of pics of ur car.. Shame to see such a nice looking car in that state..
Hope u manage to come out the other end with something as impressive!!

Neeko
14th May 2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for ur sympathy guys, it's so upsetting to see my car like this :( I had so much love for it an always cared about it so much. Still had quite a few plans for it before I sold her. The damage isn't very visible in the pics but up close it's quite easy to see where the money is coming from. My right wheel is pushed right against the wheel arch :( so swing arm and stuff would be totally bent. The wheel took so much of the impact.

To make things worse the Korean doesn't want to surrender his golf yet, so he took pics of my car and is going to ask a Korean smash repairer if I can get it fixed cheaper.

hazrd
14th May 2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks for ur sympathy guys, it's so upsetting to see my car like this :( I had so much love for it an always cared about it so much. Still had quite a few plans for it before I sold her. The damage isn't very visible in the pics but up close it's quite easy to see where the money is coming from. My right wheel is pushed right against the wheel arch :( so swing arm and stuff would be totally bent. The wheel took so much of the impact.

To make things worse the Korean doesn't want to surrender his golf yet, so he took pics of my car and is going to ask a Korean smash repairer if I can get it fixed cheaper.

dude be careful of the above part.... cheaper fix usually = cheaper work

Jerram
14th May 2010, 11:29 PM
dude be careful of the above part.... cheaper fix usually = cheaper work

i've seen a korean run repair shop before. ok fair enough it's not as though it represents every asian repair business, but this one was quite povvo (eg. chasses being welded under a big deck umbrella, no real workshop or office, "hand made" parts). It's in Sherwood. i wouldn't go there if I were you.

MatsHolden
15th May 2010, 09:08 PM
No good mate. No good.

delemonte
17th May 2010, 10:16 PM
Bugger mate... A real shame to see her like that - but I'm glad to hear you're alright.
I can imagine just how extensive the damage underneath would be if the wheel took a lot of the impact...
...and the morettes!! :cryin:
Best of luck getting it all sorted out - and I really hope the Golf owner has good insurance and that they don't stuff you around!!!

...Not cool...

Tasmanian Devil
18th May 2010, 09:40 PM
Man! That sucks so bad! and no insurance! Surely you'd have Full Comp? Not that the insurance companies would like you very much with all the after market gear on the car.
As mentioned above, i'd be so very careful pertaining to the Korean Smash Repairer, though he may have a legit business, it could very well be worth it to go to a reputable place.

Though, did you mention you had already sold the Corsa?

mansonitefirefox
18th May 2010, 11:11 PM
its a crappy situation neeko.

my crash involved a company owned truck in a clear cut situation which is insured up the ass and driven by a driver who handed over all his details and didnt bother fighting anything as it was his companies money who had to pay insurance premiums etc.

as far as having your car written off my crash was as lucky as it can get

for you, bad situation with an international licence holder with no insurance who is trying to see if they can get the car repaired for cheap... i feel for you man

i hope it all turns out as good as it could possibly be in an event like this

CORZZA
20th May 2010, 07:18 AM
Shyte!

Main thing is your well!

dutchy
25th May 2010, 11:14 AM
Sorry to hear about ur accident Neeko. Hope it'll all be sorted and ur back on the road soon.

Neeko
7th June 2010, 12:56 PM
I just got of the phone with the panel beater that's fixing the car and he informed me that the car will be completely fixed tomorrow. All he is waiting for is the front bumper which will be painted this afternoon.

So fingers crossed I'll have my car back with a stock front end before the end of the week!

xplosv57
7th June 2010, 12:58 PM
I just got of the phone with the panel beater that's fixing the car and he informed me that the car will be completely fixed tomorrow. All he is waiting for is the front bumper which will be painted this afternoon.

So fingers crossed I'll have my car back with a stock front end before the end of the week!

good news!!

what is the final repair cost?? and has the deuche in the golf paid up?

Neeko
7th June 2010, 01:03 PM
good news!!

what is the final repair cost?? and has the deuche in the golf paid up?

he hadnt completed a written up an invoice yet so he couldnt really tell me.
He said i dont have to worry about thing with the money issue, so apparently he must be getting paid.

poita
7th June 2010, 01:20 PM
Lucky we didn't put money on that bet!!

I bet your dyin to get back into her and go for a drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neeko
7th June 2010, 01:33 PM
Lucky we didn't put money on that bet!!

I bet your dyin to get back into her and go for a drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u have no idea!!!! cant wait to listen to loud bassy music, throw her into a corner and to have privacy behind limo tint!
so sick of driving my sisters SB barina

maloo97
8th June 2010, 10:41 PM
Did you get her back man ? ?

auzvectra
9th June 2010, 07:30 AM
u have no idea!!!! cant wait to listen to loud bassy music, throw her into a corner and to have privacy behind limo tint!
so sick of driving my sisters SB barina

haha, dont knock the sb :p.

good to hear ur gettn her back :).

Neeko
17th June 2010, 09:24 PM
SURPRISE!!!!

Just picked her up and she's all back together. Drives exactly like it did before, could not tell that it was in an accident. The panels don't line up 100% but I'm really not that fussy since it wansnt perfect before hand either. I ended up pitching in $1300 since Korean boy is somewhat.... I'll bite my tongue. I WILL be chasing after him though untill it's paid off. Otherwise his car magically sustains $4.5k damage.

Better pics to come

sooty
17th June 2010, 09:26 PM
Glad it's back mate!

poita
17th June 2010, 09:28 PM
awesome mate!

glad to hear you got her back.

hows the colour match?

Neeko
Glad it's back mate!

Thanks man, u have no idea how amazing the drive home felt!
Just have to get new headlights now

nuggz
good news!

angel eye headlights?

Neeko
17th June 2010, 09:29 PM
awesome mate!

glad to hear you got her back.

hows the colour match?

Colour match looks to be 100% :)

poita
17th June 2010, 09:29 PM
didnt one of the perth guys just buy a corsa to strip and turn into a track car with morettis?

*edit* this one

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?27082-G-day-from-Perth&highlight=perth

guy 27
17th June 2010, 09:31 PM
nice one nico.

Neeko
17th June 2010, 09:35 PM
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/80f38092.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/fd7e2e36.jpg

Before operation

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/006-3.jpg

During chemo therapy

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/IMG_0022.jpg

After operation

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/nicolaim88/029b927d.jpg

Btw Pete I won the bet :p

Neeko
17th June 2010, 09:39 PM
didnt one of the perth guys just buy a corsa to strip and turn into a track car with morettis?

*edit* this one

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?27082-G-day-from-Perth&highlight=perth

He has angel eyes, same as what I have. Shittest headlight ever, never buying them again.

poita
17th June 2010, 09:41 PM
nothing some HID's cant fix

hazrd
18th June 2010, 10:15 AM
cant see the pics (dam u photobucket) but i can imagine :)

glad u have her back nico

xplosv57
18th June 2010, 10:09 PM
congrats on getting the car back, looks like they have done a good job!!

Curly
20th June 2010, 07:20 PM
He has angel eyes, same as what I have. Shittest headlight ever, never buying them again.

Heh, that'd be me.. So these headlights I have - any idea whether they're ADR legal? Car goes over the pits on Saturday and I don't want to get failed on something easy to fix.

Neeko
20th June 2010, 08:31 PM
Heh, that'd be me.. So these headlights I have - any idea whether they're ADR legal? Car goes over the pits on Saturday and I don't want to get failed on something easy to fix.
they'll be legal as long as they are meant for aussie roads.