PDA

View Full Version : Memorable comments your car has received

BEK-46P
9th May 2010, 01:29 PM
Thought we could put a list of memorable comments/queries our Opels have received over time.

I'll kick off:

"What car is that?... Wow, a two-door Astra"
"Is your car a Holden?... Well, why is there a 'Z' on the back?"
"Did you design your own logo?... Doesn't the 'Z' stand for 'Ziri'? (my last name)
"Is your car a diesel?... Right, I thought the 'D' in '2.2 Direct' stood for diesel"
"Do you have a single or a twin turbo?"
"Why would you put 19"s on an Astra?"

DIXIE
9th May 2010, 01:41 PM
LOL love it

some i've received...

"What sort of car is that?"
"That doesnt look like an Astra"
"Why would you turbo an Astra?"
"Diesel cars arent quick" - 'my car is petrol' - "Nah bro, Astras are turbo diesel"
"There's no factory Astra turbo's bro, trust me, I know."

DIXIE
9th May 2010, 01:42 PM
oh and my personal favourite

"Oh an Astra! The new ones? The ones with the massive, heavy doors! Awesome!"

jastra
9th May 2010, 01:47 PM
"what car make is it?" "an opel" whispers to his dad "it looks like a holden astra" lol
oh and my personal favourite "does the Z stant for zoro?" "No it doesnt are you gay?"

ChrisMaz
9th May 2010, 02:39 PM
"Thats not a chevy badge mate"

Nurb608
9th May 2010, 03:17 PM
"try and keep up with the big boys" :)

adam_92
9th May 2010, 03:29 PM
iv had this one a few times

Wow is that a real opel. You dont see many of those around

sooty
9th May 2010, 03:32 PM
"Why'd you get a girls car?"

auzvectra
9th May 2010, 03:39 PM
vectra - thats a phat looking astra mate
barina gsi - wtf is done to that!?? (dude it's stock and the motor's fkd, ur 1.6L pulsar is just a peice of shit) "pre rebuild"
astra - is that a vectra (wtf)
where's ur compliance plate for the turbo (officer) um they come factory turbo (me) an astra, i dont think so. and i'm a taskforce officer i would know (cop) well they do, would you like me to show you the manual?? here see astra SRI AND convertible turbo's (me) this isnt a convertible!! (cop) i repeat, astra SRI AND!!! Convertible turbo's...... (me) silence...... (cop)

- jesus christ, i'm not goin to make the mistake of lining up beside you again!!!
- shit you need an pilot licence for that thing!
- i always thought opels were slow till i saw yours (i think some of the hot southeners need to come up here to show ppl ;))

jastra
9th May 2010, 03:54 PM
vectra - thats a phat looking astra mate
barina gsi - wtf is done to that!?? (dude it's stock and the motor's fkd, ur 1.6L pulsar is just a peice of shit) "pre rebuild"
astra - is that a vectra (wtf)
where's ur compliance plate for the turbo (officer) um they come factory turbo (me) an astra, i dont think so. and i'm a taskforce officer i would know (cop) well they do, would you like me to show you the manual?? here see astra SRI AND convertible turbo's (me) this isnt a convertible!! (cop) i repeat, astra SRI AND!!! Convertible turbo's...... (me) silence...... (cop)

- jesus christ, i'm not goin to make the mistake of lining up beside you again!!!
- shit you need an pilot licence for that thing!
- i always thought opels were slow till i saw yours (i think some of the hot southeners need to come up here to show ppl ;))
lol at that cop :p

gmonkey
9th May 2010, 04:03 PM
"Is that german??"
"Yes"
"So you imported it.. WOW"
"ahhh.. yeh sure"

"Wheres Neverbeenring?. ooohhhh never been"
"moron"

"Hey can i get you to tech2 sport mode without CDC on for me"
"No can't do it its impossible they come pre-programmed"
"ummmm pretty sure you can ey.. matter of fact 100% sure"
"ive worked 10yrs for holden pretty sure id know"
"youve worked 10yrs service low tech commodore shit.. you know shit obviously about other cars in your line up then"
*walks away*

"You know why i stopped you?"
"Not a clue"
"You were speeding by 25km/h over"
"Pretty sure i wasnt mate i was on cruise control at 80km/h"
"Do you want me to slap a yellow sticker on your car for a faulty speedo?"
"Do you want me to contact your superior officer and make you look like a moron"
*Licence and Breathe Test
"Well atleast you ain't been drinking tonight"
"Well yeh its a tuesday night.."
"Look im letting you off this time slow down in future, you may have rally plates but this isnt a rally course"
"uh.huh...."

oh yeh moron guy from work...

"hmm astra arent they a 1.4l? my proton satria (GLi auto) would whoop you ey!"
" i think not....."
"But i can bea tlancers and most small cars, your cars pretty small"
"ohh were do i start on how wrong you are..."

"How much you spent on you car so far?"
"You dont want to know.."

OPC
9th May 2010, 04:59 PM
on my old astra... " wtf is in that"
your lucky its fwd power straight to the engine where mine is rwd and it takes longer to get there

DIXIE
9th May 2010, 05:03 PM
LOL @ 'takes longer to get there'

MatsHolden
9th May 2010, 05:05 PM
Just the usual "What sort of car is that?"

bender
9th May 2010, 05:35 PM
"why are u wasting your money on an astra"

"haha your doing up a grannies car"

"haha your in an astra car club LOL"

fight with a pommy guy at work
"the astra isnt an opel its a vauxhill trust me im from england"

Keep'emRunning
9th May 2010, 05:57 PM
..is that a civic? (seriously..wtf!)

auzvectra
9th May 2010, 06:00 PM
on my old astra... " wtf is in that"

ah, how many times do we hear this 1, hahaha.

gmonkey
9th May 2010, 06:15 PM

ive tried to change look so much of myn but yet im still yet to hear that one hahaha

gman
9th May 2010, 06:58 PM
All the usuals, but favourite is always,"How come its so quick, its just an Astra!!!"""

BEK-46P
9th May 2010, 07:00 PM
Another one is "only gays buy Astras"...!

jastra
9th May 2010, 07:03 PM
All the usuals, but favourite is always,"How come its so quick, its just an Astra!!!"""
yeh lol i got that from my mate whos a commonwhore driver :P

Another one is "only gays buy Astras"...!
yeh and astras are a girl car apparently, they all think that till u giv em a show :P

[OPCSRi]
9th May 2010, 07:06 PM
'Since when did an Astra come out turbo?'...................'Your full of shit mate you put a turbo kit on it yourself'

OPC
9th May 2010, 07:06 PM

all the time especially from the bogans...

oh and a cop once... but he was a mate... who just happened to pull me over

jastra
9th May 2010, 07:10 PM
;570070']'Since when did an Astra come out turbo?'...................'Your full of shit mate you put a turbo kit on it yourself'

lol its funny cuz me and my mate with the commonwhore convinced konrad (a member on here) that my mate put a turbo in his commonwhore when it was just the alternator, funny thing is he believed us...

Neeko
9th May 2010, 07:17 PM
from a cop: "oh we're into the really fast cars now"

random people: "oh wow its imported"
"what car is that?"
"Does it come in mens size?"
"How would u like your face against concrete?" (after accelerating faster then a commodore)

[OPCSRi]
9th May 2010, 07:21 PM
When my sister owned it she would cop "your a sick bitch driving a turbo"!!! and at the time she would run them and beat them.LOL!!! My sister loved it when she used to beat guys in v6 liquid horsepower crap boxes.

ASTRAY
9th May 2010, 07:32 PM
usual chicks car comments.
and another fellow found it hard to beleive me when i said i had tc in my astra...until i showed him.
another fellow wouldnt beleive me when i explained i had changed all the badges to opel, he insisted id imported it.
and ive also had a few not beleive me about factory turbo astras.

hazrd
9th May 2010, 07:40 PM
my old calibra turbo....

"woah, nice lookin ferrari man" :skep:

note: typical albury, country hick town

[OPCSRi]
9th May 2010, 07:45 PM
Anonther one was when I took the vacume hose of the Recirculation Valve and drove into the shopping centre and was coming up to the pedestrian crossing with a couple of young blokes crossing and gave the SRi a big dose before i got to the crossing. they were all looking around to see if it was a VL in the carpark. So I dosed it again and then in sequence all three of the go..........."FAAAAAARRRRRK!!!! MAN is this thing turboed"??? I say "well if it doses I guess it is". Then it started they pulled me over...........how much boost your running blah blah blah!!!

UnKnOwN
9th May 2010, 08:15 PM
got pulled over by a pommy cop "this your car then? bit flash innit?" =\

MAD-16V
9th May 2010, 08:30 PM
First time I was ever pulled over

Officer " Those wheels looks fairly large "
me " Thanks "
Officer " Do you think there legal? "
me " All I know is that there round "
Officer " Count to 10 into this please "
Officer " Have a nice night sir "

Second time I was pulled over
Officer " There appears to be something sticking out from the rear of your car "
me " Oh it's my rear swaybar links "
Officer " What purpose do they serve "
me " Better handling "
Then we had a talk for about 20 minutes about suspension and performance parts - Pretty cool cop actually.

And the typical - "what type of car is that?" - " Does it come in mens sizes? "

And the best is " Only juice and milk come in 2 liters and less " - I hit em with " Only cheap wine comes in 5 litres or more "

jastra
9th May 2010, 08:36 PM
First time I was ever pulled over

Officer " Those wheels looks fairly large "
me " Thanks "
Officer " Do you think there legal? "
me " All I know is that there round "
Officer " Count to 10 into this please "
Officer " Have a nice night sir "

Second time I was pulled over
Officer " There appears to be something sticking out from the rear of your car "
me " Oh it's my rear swaybar links "
Officer " What purpose do they serve "
me " Better handling "
Then we had a talk for about 20 minutes about suspension and performance parts - Pretty cool cop actually.

And the typical - "what type of car is that?" - " Does it come in mens sizes? "

And the best is " Only juice and milk come in 2 liters and less " - I hit em with " Only cheap wine comes in 5 litres or more "

How big are your wheels???

jastra
9th May 2010, 08:39 PM
Damn double post

poita
9th May 2010, 08:57 PM

one of my fave comebacks

usual chicks car comments.
and another fellow found it hard to beleive me when i said i had tc in my astra...until i showed him.
another fellow wouldnt beleive me when i explained i had changed all the badges to opel, he insisted id imported it.
and ive also had a few not beleive me about factory turbo astras.

you forgot "as if you'd put 10" speakers into your front dorrs. your a fukin bogan wanker"

as for a few of mine
- "did your hairdresser lend you her car"
- "wow a 2 door camira"
- "nice skyline"
- "wtf is it?" ~ "a calibra" ~ "wtf is that?" ~ LOL

OPC
9th May 2010, 09:05 PM
got pulled over by a pommy cop "this your car then? bit flash innit?" =\

haha classic... shoulda said sure is ya twat

Jerram
9th May 2010, 09:11 PM
some drunk poms outside Gailes Golf Club (i was dj-ing a wedding there) "you know that's a rubbish car in England?" me: "well lucky we're in Australia then"

metry
9th May 2010, 09:47 PM
"Why would you put 19"s on an Astra?"
[/LIST]
I get that all the time as well as "why are you driving a chicks car". one i got recently by some p plater is a pulsar was"WTF do you feed that thing" after i munched him off a set of lights.

tomtom
9th May 2010, 11:19 PM
I've never really had any nasty comments from anyone... which is odd... maybe its the area I live in or I don't really hoon around so no one bothers me :)

A few I've always gotten tho...

"Thats the nicest Astra I've ever seen in my life."

"Beautiful car man"

"This interior is really boring"

"Yer I was going to get the 2.2 Turbo SRI as well (From my mate's boss who owns...4 astra H's.. one of which is a VXR with a "ram pod filter". Riiiiight)"

"F*****K your paint is amazing"

"did you get an exhaust? (with my Apollo open)"

and as with most of you...

"So you imported this? How much tax did you pay?"

I dont know why its so hard to comprehend the pulling off of some bits of plastic and reapplication of new bits of plastic in the shape of badges.

BEK-46P
9th May 2010, 11:36 PM
And having said all that, it must be said that virtually everybody (Opel knowledge not withstanding) is rather partial to a nice Astra. They're somewhat of a wildcard on these Sydney streets because there's a shitload but only 5-10% seem to warrant any genuine attention.

I've also observed that an Astra is one of the few 'common' cars that doesn't polarise people. Lots of people will tell you they absolutely either love or loathe the Mazda 3s and 6s, the Lancers, Camrys, etc. But I have yet to hear anyone say they hate the Astras.

I guess Richard Hammond was onto something when he said of the Astras "It's really not a bad car. It's actually quite pleasant. And that's exactly what its problem is".

BEK-46P
9th May 2010, 11:40 PM
"This interior is really boring"

Ha-ha! It's probably time I did something to mine as well.

Shay
10th May 2010, 12:41 AM
cant actually remember any except one.

"Mate, its a f**kin Holden!"

which makes me see red everytime they say it.
then when i explain its an Opel

"still a holden"

*hold my self back from punching in face*

gmonkey
10th May 2010, 12:45 AM
cant actually remember any except one.

"Mate, its a f**kin Holden!"

which makes me see red everytime they say it.
then when i explain its an Opel

"still a holden"

*hold my self back from punching in face*

Don't forget last German car day "what a bogan wagon"

ChrisMaz
10th May 2010, 01:15 AM
"did you get an exhaust? (with my Apollo open)"

I love it when someone says that. Funny thing is. Sounds better than 3/4 of the exhausts out there :p

rodsfromday
10th May 2010, 07:45 AM
Went into the mechanic shop too book a service and one guy working there had a long stare,prob the entire time i was inside, and when i came out told me he couldnt figure out what type of car it was. I had to go about explaining the whole concept too him. He was rather impressed. and the one bloke at work as if i had brought it over from South Africa!!

coyotte
10th May 2010, 06:24 PM
"Is that that a new Nissan Z car ?"
"Love the colour, what is it though?"
"Nice exhaust note, for a small car"
Car Park attendant : " Did you just set off those car alarms coming down the exit ramp ?" (whilst I was departing an underground city car park). YEP !

Not a week goes by without some comment (usually positive, inquisitive ones though)...
Down side : being de badged by kids.

coyotte
10th May 2010, 06:36 PM
I almost forgot my favourite comment......
From Mark Skaife a few yrs ago (when I un intensionally gate crashed a GMH tvc being shot at Albert Park Lake).

Skaife : "THERE'S ONE IN EVERY CROWD"

mmahle
10th May 2010, 06:52 PM
"...That doesn't even look like an astra"

"Since when do Astra's come with dual exhausts?"

"Are you ex-police or something?"

jastra
10th May 2010, 07:03 PM
"...That doesn't even look like an astra"

"Since when do Astra's come with dual exhausts?"

"Are you ex-police or something?"Yeh lol astra pusuit vehicle :p

auzvectra
10th May 2010, 07:29 PM
Yeh lol astra pusuit vehicle :p

they had them, a cpl of g sri-t's up here :).

jastra
10th May 2010, 07:33 PM
there was a reported sighting in perth not sure if it was turbo tho. some bogan in a clubby would laff and try to out run them and if they succeed get a letter in the mail :P see alot of wrx cops here too and VE wagons, dodgy imo

[OPCSRi]
10th May 2010, 08:36 PM
Yeh lol astra pusuit vehicle :pDon't laugh they had AH SRiT's running around the CBD in Melbourne.

PrincessPeachey
10th May 2010, 10:59 PM
"why would you bother" with my old gsi. that thing copped a lot of flak.. not so much with the sri. gets a bit more respect, maybe because it doesn't look as much like a barina as the gsi did?

xplosv57
10th May 2010, 11:04 PM
copped the usual girls comments with my old G, till i showed them what a good skid it could do =P

the best i've gotten in my current one is.....

"is that a rotary??"

ChrisMaz
11th May 2010, 12:06 AM
there was a reported sighting in perth not sure if it was turbo tho. some bogan in a clubby would laff and try to out run them and if they succeed get a letter in the mail :P see alot of wrx cops here too and VE wagons, dodgy imo

Seen a 5 Door CDX fully marked in Murdoch about 6 months ago. Probably just a HQ run around. Doubt they'd be up for a high speed chase :p

Nurb608
11th May 2010, 08:56 AM
copped the usual girls comments with my old G, till i showed them what a good skid it could do =P

You rip skids in everything though, even excels :p

boorny88
11th May 2010, 10:27 AM
i had a falcon pull up next to me the night i fitted my intake and they were like wats running your V8 haha but usually i have the normal girl comments and it being called a barina

DIXIE
11th May 2010, 12:46 PM
ive never copped shit like that.. ever...

even from all my 8/9/10 second VL having people.. drifter people.. V8 loving people..

even people who love my VL.. tell me "dude sell the VL the astra is just too fkn tuff"

jastra
11th May 2010, 12:48 PM
ive never copped shit like that.. ever...

even from all my 8/9/10 second VL having people.. drifter people.. V8 loving people..

even people who love my VL.. tell me "dude sell the VL the astra is just too fkn tuff"
lol lucky for some, not that we really care about what people think about our cars anyway.... its probs just cuz ur hektik :P

DIXIE
11th May 2010, 12:49 PM
i think its cause my cooler/exhaust/pod having astra, beats the doors off their cooler/exhaust/pod having VL's :P

hazrd
11th May 2010, 12:54 PM
i know ive quoted it before..... but....

I drive a girls car?

.... might need to slow down so they can catch up and tell me

awesome :lol:

xplosv57
11th May 2010, 01:03 PM
You rip skids in everything though, even excels :p

Automatic excels =P

Haha yeah pretty much every car cept the last calais cos it wouldn't do one and my current one, no silly business this time, not even 1 handbrakey to date!

JMZ
11th May 2010, 01:28 PM
Just the other week...

"What's that, a Vectra?"
"It's a 4 door Astra.....a55hole"

"You've done well with that."

"It looks really nice."

"Holy sh!t" (after I opened my boot with the stezza pumping)

"Do you know it's an 80 zone here?"
"I do now!" - Points at the 80kph sign in front of where I pulled over
"haha, ok I've knocked a few kays off and saved you $130"
"Cheers mate, thanks heaps."

mr corsa
11th May 2010, 02:02 PM
the last time i raced my car i was told by a andra offical that my car has to comply with rule 4.4.6

jastra
11th May 2010, 02:11 PM
the last time i raced my car i was told by a andra offical that my car has to comply with rule 4.4.6

an that is? lol

lithium
11th May 2010, 02:19 PM
on opening the bonnet the first time i got rego done

'ah, this one's got the good stuff'

Shay
11th May 2010, 02:24 PM
an that is? lol

pretty sure its something along the lines of, you car is too fast for the level of safety gear it has...
lol, just looked it up, think his car is fast enough to need a parachute!

jastra
11th May 2010, 02:26 PM
Lol amazing car but :p

mr corsa
11th May 2010, 02:26 PM
an that is? lol
link to rule 4.4.6 lol
http://www.sportcompact.net.au/pdfs/2009%20SCG%20General%20Regs.pdf

glider
11th May 2010, 02:28 PM
4.4.6 Parachutes
All cars exceeding 130 mph (208 kph), or 140 mph (224 kph) where four wheel brakes are used, must be fitted with a braking
parachute specifically designed for drag racing, produced by a recognised manufacturer of such equipment. All cars exceeding
200 mph (320 kph) must be fitted with dual parachutes with separate attachment points for shroud lines. Scrutineers/Auditors
will inspect the proper operation of parachutes, and the condition of the canopies, shroud lines and pilot chutes at every event.
A separate release cable, solidly mounted within 25mm (1 inch) of the lever or ring, must be used for each chute. Parachutes
may be deployed separately. Where nitro-methane is used as a fuel, the parachute pack and exposed shroud lines should be
protected with fire resistant material. In all instances of parachute use the chute must be seen to be deployed by the end of the
speed traps. Failure to comply with this ruling may lead to a warning or reprimand. Continued offences may lead to further
action. Failure to deploy a chute under competition conditions where considered necessary by ANDRA Stewards is regarded as
faulty vehicle preparation. Shroud line attachment points must be a minimum of one inch in diameter.

jastra
11th May 2010, 02:32 PM
lol what is top speed of your car? so when are u getting parachutes :P

mr corsa
11th May 2010, 02:34 PM
140.8 mph(for now) 0-400 metres

Nurb608
11th May 2010, 02:54 PM

Bloody hell, i haven't even had my car that fast on a long straight of a track, lol

Shay
11th May 2010, 02:55 PM
sorry to be off topic, but in how long?

boorny88
11th May 2010, 03:03 PM
man your car must be on mega roids haha

poita
11th May 2010, 06:54 PM

pfff as if it does :p ;)

hazrd
12th May 2010, 09:11 AM
pfff as if it does :p ;)

from what i hear, your stained undies say otherwise :lol:

Ice
12th May 2010, 09:44 AM
"You could fly a plane under that" - Cnblu
"Can you mow my lawn when were done" - Pauly
"Babe, it says no tractors allowed" - Girlfriend on the entry to eastlink where the sings say no tractors heavy machinery etc

CNBLU
12th May 2010, 11:24 AM
"Babe, it says no tractors allowed" - Girlfriend on the entry to eastlink where the sings say no tractors heavy machinery etc

hahahahahahahahaha

thats gold :lol:

poita
12th May 2010, 10:59 PM

love it!!!

"that colour is orgasmic"

Vectracious
13th May 2010, 09:59 PM
when I had my Vectra

Ditzy shopgirl: WOW Pete, I didn't realise you had a BMW!!!
Me: What the f*ck are you talking about....

xplosv57
13th May 2010, 10:33 PM
when I had my Vectra

Ditzy shopgirl: WOW Pete, I didn't realise you had a BMW!!!
Me: Yeah baby its new the flashy BMW, wanna go for a spin sweetheart?? *pulls out gold chains*

btm
14th May 2010, 10:25 AM

all brilliant! :D

Vectramatic
14th May 2010, 06:01 PM
"Get rid of it"

Bloodnok
14th May 2010, 07:57 PM
At a garage, bonnet up, mechanic poking around at the engine (V6 2.6L), apprentice type appears out of office door, spots the engine:

"Wow, what kind of Astra is that?"

rodsfromday
14th May 2010, 08:07 PM
At a garage, bonnet up, mechanic poking around at the engine (V6 2.6L), apprentice type appears out of office door, spots the engine:

"Wow, what kind of Astra is that?"

Classic!!!

[OPCSRi]
15th May 2010, 12:40 PM
Today I copped this..............'Geez these Turbo Astra's must be rare'!!! While at the tyre place.

..............and had a good chat with the owner of the tyre place. he is South African and he says 'Shit! they use to use these as cop cars in SA'

adam_92
15th May 2010, 01:16 PM
last night going through hj's drive through.

girl: wow thats a nice car... but what the hell is it.

me: a vectra.

girl: oh... never heard of it but its very nice

Shay
15th May 2010, 01:49 PM
"omg your car is gonna make me cum"
"seriously dude that sound is gonna make me orgasm"
"im not into cars but this one is soo cool" (to which i replied, are you serious? its a vectra :lol:)

all while giving a chick a lift between clubs, and her friend said "you say any nice car makes you come"

LOL :lol:

auzvectra
15th May 2010, 06:09 PM
"omg your car is gonna make me cum"
"seriously dude that sound is gonna make me orgasm"
"im not into cars but this one is soo cool" (to which i replied, are you serious? its a vectra :lol:)

all while giving a chick a lift between clubs, and her friend said "you say any nice car makes you come"

LOL :lol:

hahaha gold. i thought we'd be leaving those 1's out of this thread :p.

on mountain roads:
vectra - the smile on the chicks face in the back seat said it all ;).
astra- u know short shorts and these roads are a great combo
- wow, i've got a cold sweat

and i'll leave it at that :p.

gotta love sports suspension :D.

Shay
15th May 2010, 09:41 PM
i should add she was pretty drunk...

auzvectra
16th May 2010, 12:25 AM
i should add she was pretty drunk...

well that just makes it too easy :p.

InsaneAsylum
16th May 2010, 09:28 AM
what is that?
is that a personal import?
is that an astra?
why would you be part of a car club when you own a vectra?

etc etc. had them all (owned car for 10 years)

but my personal favourite "omg iz dat supercharged?" when the car is n/a

auzvectra
16th May 2010, 10:19 AM
i forgot 1 of the best

after i pulled up beside an apparently 11 sec skyline (i call bullshit):
he said "u wouldnt have nething neway"
gave it a lil squirt (just taking off normally really with a lil boost) next lights had just stopped n the light turned green, gave it a short stab at full boost.
next light "WTF, is that 1 of those import jobs!!"
me" uuummm wtf u on about??" "they r imported by holden, so i guess u could say that!?"

Vectracious
16th May 2010, 05:52 PM
Me: Yeah baby its new the flashy BMW, wanna go for a spin sweetheart?? *pulls out gold chains*

and get who knows what??? :p

GRJ355
17th May 2010, 03:04 PM
Yea I've had similar... had the carwash guys go on about how rare my car would be and how expensive. Apparently they have never seen an Astra turbo... I was just like yea... sure :P

Then cruising down a main street a guy pulls up and goes farrrrk was that you who made that noise? I'm like what noise... he goes the bov... and I was like yea and then he goes... that's hot I never seen a girl drive a turbo.... Then he tried to ask for my number... ergh

Um... I get most compliments on the sound... "sounds hot" etc etc... And then I get compliments on being a girl... driving a manual... that is turbo... :S An NRMA guy who was changing my battery goes "It's nice to see a girl driving a manual..." hahaha

poita
17th May 2010, 04:12 PM
oh one i forgot

"is that pos still not going"

btm
17th May 2010, 04:37 PM
was that from the missus pete? :D

poita
17th May 2010, 05:28 PM
was that from the missus pete? :D

Amongst others yes

xplosv57
17th May 2010, 08:48 PM
"is that a Turbo?? "

"no it's just a 2.2........."

then i sob for a couple of minutes.........

[OPCSRi]
17th May 2010, 08:56 PM
Yesterday was funny at Sandown I over heard these two old blokes go 'Since when HSV produce 4 cylinders?' Then the other bloke goes 'I don't know but I was bloody quick out on the track!'

PrincessPeachey
19th May 2010, 06:07 PM
Guy at cash converters: "What the hell is that thing? It looks TUFF!"

CNBLU
19th May 2010, 06:24 PM
Delivery guy today (as the garage roller door opens)

DG: "oh thats one of them opels yeah"
ME: "yeah man"
DG: "is it imported?"
ME: "sure is"

well it is isnt it! :lol:

PaulyJ
19th May 2010, 11:08 PM
P-plate Commo: nice chicks car...
Me: yeah ok mate, I'll have a nice roast waiting for you at the next lights...

PaulyJ
19th May 2010, 11:18 PM
And my favourite with my old Corsa B on a GOR cruise, with Steve as my witness
R32 GTR driver: is that thing turbo?
Me: nah, just a 1.4
GTR: couldn't keep up through the corners
Me: thanks :)

Ice
20th May 2010, 12:53 AM
"is that a Turbo?? "

"no it's just a 2.2........."

then i sob for a couple of minutes.........

haha nothing is impossible mate ;)

Ice
20th May 2010, 12:56 AM
i forgot 1 of the best

after i pulled up beside an apparently 11 sec skyline (i call bullshit):
he said "u wouldnt have nething neway"
gave it a lil squirt (just taking off normally really with a lil boost) next lights had just stopped n the light turned green, gave it a short stab at full boost.
next light "WTF, is that 1 of those import jobs!!"
me" uuummm wtf u on about??" "they r imported by holden, so i guess u could say that!?"

oh and how satisfying would it have been !

auzvectra
20th May 2010, 07:04 AM
oh and how satisfying would it have been !

i connot express how much it was, hahahahaha.

cdti
20th May 2010, 12:43 PM
I've taken quite a number of friends out for a run in the Astra, and they just can't believe its a diesel. These comments are especially since the inclusion of the greenbox.

"It just snaps your neck back!"
"No, you can't drive at 70km/h in 6th can you?"
"It's that quick, and you still get that sort of economy"

mmahle
21st May 2010, 08:12 PM
haha, I remembered when I had a completely flat tire and had no jacks to lift the car up.. I called RACV and the guy goes..
"Geez, these are big wheels for an Astra..."

...they're only 17"s. O_o

PrincessPeachey
29th May 2010, 09:37 AM
today when i was getting my key fixed: "is that a true opel or is it rebadged?"

auzvectra
29th May 2010, 10:04 AM

what did they charge u for the key to be repaired??
i got quoted $140, but discounted to cost price due 2 my brother working there for a new transponder for a chick friends car. ended up gettn 1 from o/s for $9, hahahaha. or just battery?

glider
29th May 2010, 10:14 AM

"well it was built by opel and re-badged by holden"

PrincessPeachey
29th May 2010, 10:38 AM
what did they charge u for the key to be repaired??
i got quoted $140, but discounted to cost price due 2 my brother working there for a new transponder for a chick friends car. ended up gettn 1 from o/s for $9, hahahaha. or just battery?

it couldnt be repaired cuz the soldering for the battery or the buttons had been broken or sommat. new electrics part of the key, programmed for $200. didnt go through holdens though, but they quoted me $270.

the guy there was saying that most of the new key remotes were designed so that if the average joe tried to replace the battery that he'd break it and need a new remote thingo...

BEK-46P
29th May 2010, 10:44 AM

lol!

auzvectra
29th May 2010, 10:48 AM
it couldnt be repaired cuz the soldering for the battery or the buttons had been broken or sommat. new electrics part of the key, programmed for $200. didnt go through holdens though, but they quoted me $270.

the guy there was saying that most of the new key remotes were designed so that if the average joe tried to replace the battery that he'd break it and need a new remote thingo...

hhmm, ok average joe gettn mr fix it style afta a carton maybe :).

yeh not so easy to repair but. and cant get that part on ebay too easily also :(. programming is nothing but, a simple put in the ign and press the button.

PrincessPeachey
29th May 2010, 10:58 AM
hhmm, ok average joe gettn mr fix it style afta a carton maybe :).

yeh not so easy to repair but. and cant get that part on ebay too easily also :(. programming is nothing but, a simple put in the ign and press the button.

haha yeah maybe. just couldnt find the part aaaaanywhere and because the alarm etc is aftermarket i figured i'd let them sort it out lol.

they also had a brand new kizashi there, looked alright. he said that apparently they've put like chips or w/e in some of the body panels such that if someone pinches say your side mirror you wont be able to unlock/start the car. which means you also have to buy genuine parts etc. aaand he was saying that if you lose the keys to your bmw its $20,000 to get a new set programmed.. not sure whether to believe him because he also said something about the "daewoo astra, the one before the ah" - wtf???

DWS 92
29th May 2010, 11:11 AM
"Hey Davie, how's the Vauxhall with the sick chromies going?"

gmonkey
29th May 2010, 11:13 AM
haha yeah maybe. just couldnt find the part aaaaanywhere and because the alarm etc is aftermarket i figured i'd let them sort it out lol.

they also had a brand new kizashi there, looked alright. he said that apparently they've put like chips or w/e in some of the body panels such that if someone pinches say your side mirror you wont be able to unlock/start the car. which means you also have to buy genuine parts etc. aaand he was saying that if you lose the keys to your bmw its $20,000 to get a new set programmed.. not sure whether to believe him because he also said something about the "daewoo astra, the one before the ah" - wtf???

He might mean the daewoo cielo where in which he is partialy correct but no I'm very doubtful on that too

auzvectra
29th May 2010, 11:31 AM

hhhmm, ooookkkkkkk then ;). yeh not likely to be right. maybe 2K is some extreme unlikelyness.

metry
29th May 2010, 12:33 PM
the soldery thingy that held the battery in place in one of our keys was broken. all you gotta do is find out which was it sits in the key and wedge a piece of paper to hold it in place

PrincessPeachey
30th May 2010, 10:43 PM
it wasn't the soldery thing for the battery, it was a soldery cradle thing for the lock/unlock buttons :S but eh tis all fixed now :)

Ice
30th May 2010, 11:09 PM
I've taken quite a number of friends out for a run in the Astra, and they just can't believe its a diesel. These comments are especially since the inclusion of the greenbox.

"It just snaps your neck back!"
"No, you can't drive at 70km/h in 6th can you?"
"It's that quick, and you still get that sort of economy"

Bahh ! I get nothing of the sort anymore.....its always the same old tractor jokes and can you come mow our lawn...etc haha

xplosv57
30th May 2010, 11:26 PM
'oh thats a really nice astra, im looking at getting one of those for my girlfriend...'

jastra
31st May 2010, 02:44 PM
Lol not really a comment but was just sitting in kfc drivethru in clarkson and a guy who works at Holden walked passed my car and he was staring at it with a confused look on his face lol

gmonkey
3rd June 2010, 11:59 PM
tonight in the line for petrol station, couple of 18-20yr olds buying chips or some crap spotted my car and where talking amongst themselves saying: (literally word for word, i was holding back the laughs and just grinning to myself at how wrong they were :p)

Guy1:"Check out those racing stripes they look awesome"
Guy2:"What is it? its an audi S3 isnt it?"
G1:"Na its a vauxhall version of the astra, must be a pom and imported it" (not the car has opel front and back and on the brakes and on the back window)
G2:"wikid they have a 2.5 litre 5 cylinder turbo in them"
G3:"You Sure i thought they were a six? My magnas a 6"
G2:"Yeh but your magnas a big car it needs a 6, there only small"
G3: "would love to see this car at the lights, think itd be mad"
G2: "Why youd loose?"
G3: "Shutup douche"

Hoped in my car put on the "audi" lights they all looked and just casually drove off :p haha 2.5 5clyinder turbo thats the xr5 guys :p

Ice
4th June 2010, 12:27 AM
'oh thats a really nice astra, im looking at getting one of those for my girlfriend...'

haha ouch !

GreyRex
4th June 2010, 09:53 AM
haha ouch !

+1

PrincessPeachey
6th June 2010, 07:52 PM
"Your car is a Zorro car! See, your badge is a Z for Zorro!"
*Facepalm*

mrgsr
14th June 2010, 10:00 PM
ive had the "why did you get a girls car" "where is your car? is that your gfs car"

PrincessPeachey
30th June 2010, 05:42 PM
"my son saw your car come flying past and was mighty impressed, he wanted to know who had that fast car"

a coworker, whose son is nearly 4.. LOL

poita
30th June 2010, 09:51 PM
the mechanic is still being asked what it is

mainly 180, s14 are the guesses

must be the bonnet extension that does it

sharkrules
14th July 2010, 03:20 PM
First thing to mention, most Chinese in OZ are huge fans of Japanese cars. So when my mates first spotted my astra, he then actually shouted : "You Bought a Holden? It must cost you HEAPS on petrols." Then he checked the interior and said: "What? it is manual? Next time, buy an automatic Camry."

btm
14th July 2010, 04:00 PM
interesting first post...

JohnBu
14th July 2010, 05:26 PM
most Chinese in OZ who cannot afford a Merc, BMW, Audi, VW or Porsche are huge fans of Japanese cars. They also tend to drive automatic Camry's because they aren't as rich as the ones who drive a a Merc, BMW, Audi, VW or Porsche

I've fixed the quote for you.

JMZ
14th July 2010, 06:30 PM
LOL

In most cases, the more expensive the car, the poorer the drivers' operating skills IMO.

xplosv57
14th July 2010, 06:31 PM
lol

in most cases, the more expensive the car, the poorer the drivers' operating skills imo.

huge +1

IfSRi
15th July 2010, 01:15 AM
ive had the "why did you get a girls car" "where is your car? is that your gfs car"

Only about 100 times and usually pronounced-

'Worrdidja boy a gurls car for'

followed by some DH mate-

'He Shooda got a wrexy aye'

gman
15th July 2010, 10:56 AM
LOL

In most cases, the more expensive the car, the poorer the drivers' operating skills IMO.

As a friends father once told me:

"Just because you can afford a Ferrari, doesn't mean you can actually 'drive' a Ferrari!!!"

JMZ
15th July 2010, 01:18 PM
amen!

JMZ
30th January 2011, 07:56 PM
From the kid (12yr old) that lives next door. "Why do you have a Nissan Z Series badge on your car?.....it's a Holden."

tomtom
30th January 2011, 08:09 PM
everyone i meet keeps thinking my SRi is an SRi T.

lol.

"Hows the power from the turbo? Much lag?"

BradstaMS
30th January 2011, 08:23 PM
"Props on making an Astra less feminine"

ChrisMaz
30th January 2011, 08:33 PM
From the deadbeat Monaro / Patrol drivers sitting in a carpark drinking beer and riding razor scooters

"Oi who's got the V8 Vectra?"

metry
30th January 2011, 09:20 PM
pulling up at the shops once a little kid asked me if it was a harry potter car.

montsince1986
30th January 2011, 10:10 PM
don't know if this belongs in the thread but as i was sitting as the lights with the windows down, my mate leans out the window to some old lady, and says "do you like my astra , its kewl right?" >_< , they just don't get the passion we have for our cars

hazrd
30th January 2011, 10:42 PM
pulling up at the shops once a little kid asked me if it was a harry potter car.

Funnily enough... If you have seen the latest HP at the movies, a silver veccy C makes an appearance within the first 15min or so :yesnod:

metry
30th January 2011, 10:46 PM
Funnily enough... If you have seen the latest HP at the movies, a silver veccy C makes an appearance within the first 15min or so :yesnod:

bahahahaha. maybe there was a real correlation.

Feelinlucky75
30th January 2011, 10:57 PM
i keep getting "its a 'pretty' colour isnt it?" or "its a girly colour...

you wait.... just you wait...

metry
30th January 2011, 11:51 PM
"its a girly colour...

i usually get its a girly car.

hazrd
31st January 2011, 12:07 AM
i usually get its a girly car.

Girl car?

Show me where my cars ****ing vagina is and I'll accept your statement

:p

poita
31st January 2011, 12:12 AM
Girl car?

usually behind the wheel, oh wait thats where the c*** is

hazrd
31st January 2011, 06:50 AM
:lol: !!!!!

metry
31st January 2011, 08:15 AM
hahaha nah man. i get nice car for a girl. and suff like that.

gman
31st January 2011, 08:31 AM
Friday night while I filled up with E85 in West Gosford from a guy in a GTR R32.

GTR: You know that's E85!

Me: Yep

GTR: Why would you run that on E85??

(I open the bonnet to show him, it's easier that way...)

GTR: HOLY SH*T!!! That insane.

Me: Cheers mate

We were both headed tirades Terrigal so he followed me for a while. After a quick run we stopped at the lights and all he said was:

GTR: that's awesome mate!! And SH*T it's quick!!!!

Me: thanks mate. :thumbs:

sooty
31st January 2011, 08:54 AM
Friday night while I filled up with E85 in West Gosford from a guy in a GTR R32.

GTR: You know that's E85!

Me: Yep

GTR: Why would you run that on E85??

(I open the bonnet to show him, it's easier that way...)

GTR: HOLY SH*T!!! That insane.

Me: Cheers mate

We were both headed tirades Terrigal so he followed me for a while. After a quick run we stopped at the lights and all he said was:

GTR: that's awesome mate!! And SH*T it's quick!!!!

Me: thanks mate. :thumbs:
:lol:

Keep'emRunning
31st January 2011, 05:19 PM
..a guy at work who drives a wrexxy asked me how much difference the 'front mounted exhaust' makes :D

tomtom
31st January 2011, 05:25 PM
i keep getting "its a 'pretty' colour isnt it?" or "its a girly colour...

you wait.... just you wait...

Don't listen to them. Baby blue is definitely not a girls color

:P

craigm
31st January 2011, 07:26 PM
Girl car?

haha good call mate good call :rofl1:

BEK-46P
31st January 2011, 09:01 PM
usually behind the wheel, oh wait thats where the c*** is

Gold.

Feelinlucky75
31st January 2011, 09:47 PM
Don't listen to them. Baby blue is definitely not a girls color

:P

breeze blue thankyou verry much... and it will look mean with a kit like gmokeys and a set of 19" white vxr wheels :D

ChrisMaz
31st January 2011, 09:51 PM
As long as your's has some guts... Unlike brentons :p

Shay
31st January 2011, 09:55 PM
And don't get the widebody!!!!!!!!!

dieselhead
31st January 2011, 10:29 PM
I got asked a few times if my Pejo is a turbo Diesel :D

adam_92
25th February 2011, 01:16 AM
factbook messages from a chick that randomly added me because of my profile pic of my car

Shannen Lee 25 February at 00:28 Report
Facebook chat says your offline..
Profile page says your online..
LOL .

Adam Dobson 25 February at 00:33 yeah thats facebook for ya. my internet keeps dropping out so it says im off chat .

Shannen Lee 25 February at 00:34 Report
Haha!

So, when I make love to your car...
Your welcome to join in ;) .

Adam Dobson 25 February at 00:35 with my car or with you :/ .

Shannen Lee 25 February at 00:37 Report
Hahah!

With me IN your car ;) .

Adam Dobson 25 February at 00:38 dont waste time do ya hahaha

Shannen Lee 25 February at 00:39 Report
Hahahaha! ;)
Your car turns me on ;D

gmonkey
25th February 2011, 01:39 AM
factbook messages from a chick that randomly added me because of my profile pic of my car

Shannen Lee 25 February at 00:28 Report
Facebook chat says your offline..
Profile page says your online..
LOL .

Adam Dobson 25 February at 00:33 yeah thats facebook for ya. my internet keeps dropping out so it says im off chat .

Shannen Lee 25 February at 00:34 Report
Haha!

So, when I make love to your car...
Your welcome to join in ;) .

Adam Dobson 25 February at 00:35 with my car or with you :/ .

Shannen Lee 25 February at 00:37 Report
Hahah!

With me IN your car ;) .

Adam Dobson 25 February at 00:38 dont waste time do ya hahaha

Shannen Lee 25 February at 00:39 Report
Hahahaha! ;)
Your car turns me on ;D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile=1&id=1214930471#!/photo.php?fbid=1876723997223&set=a.1622613364616.2091742.1214930471&theater

ronald mcdonald turned her on a few too many times it seems

Shadow110
25th February 2011, 09:25 AM
"you must have nos"
Said the by super 6 to me when I took off at the lights...

Ice
25th February 2011, 09:42 AM
I don't......they look around expecting to see a courier van, lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

hazrd
25th February 2011, 12:10 PM
I don't......they look around expecting to see a courier van, lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

:lol: !!!

CNBLU
27th February 2011, 12:29 AM
Had some guy in a VS wagon with plates 'mmmlow' pull up next to me and shout ' hey mate.... she looks ****en unreal!'

Granted i did just wash and wax the car :p

hazrd
27th February 2011, 09:56 AM
Thats a nice Golf!!!

:facepalm:

ChrisMaz
16th March 2011, 05:06 AM
Had a regular at the bottle shop say "Whats with the new front air diffuser? Looks SHIT!"

Then told him that its not a diffuser... Its just the front bar cracked and broken. :cryin:

fteve
16th March 2011, 05:53 AM
"Think you might need injector cleaner or somthin' dude, maybe a full tune up. I don't know but whatever you paid for that car was too much coz it ain't runnin' right."
"Yeah... It's a diesel... I think I'll try a different mechanic."

cdti
16th March 2011, 07:09 AM
"Think you might need injector cleaner or somthin' dude, maybe a full tune up. I don't know but whatever you paid for that car was too much coz it ain't runnin' right."
"Yeah... It's a diesel... I think I'll try a different mechanic."

I'm sure you could show them how "not right" it's running, 'cause they'd only be in your rear view mirror in a cloud of smoke!