PDA

View Full Version : An important reminder/wakeup call to everyone

tomtom
7th May 2010, 08:10 PM
I found out a few minutes ago that a friend of mine has been killed in a road accident on Old Pac (NSWers will know which one this is). I wont reference any of the news reports etc as I'm not trying to advertise the incident.

He was a great driver - first time I met him was at Wakefield park and he absolutely caned it. Put a lot of people to shame there... Goes to show that even with the skills, you're not invincible.

So just a msg out there to everyone on OA going on cruises that this shit is REAL. Its not worth it to die like this on the road hooning. Please keep the cruises cruisey and save the hero-work for the track. I would not ever wish to read an announcement on OA that one of our members have been lost on a cruise.

Be safe this weekend and the weekends to come everyone.

RIP

gmonkey
7th May 2010, 08:29 PM
not good mate :(

poita
7th May 2010, 10:24 PM
Yer I saw this on the news.

Fark man, sorry to hear :(

My well wishes to his family and friends.

How you holding up mate?

tomtom
7th May 2010, 11:48 PM
I'm just in shock more than anything. Puts things into perspective... all those times as an idiot P plater ripping hardout through public roads. Absolute idiocy.

duck
8th May 2010, 01:12 AM
hindsight is 20/20

rip gerard and tom

hazrd
8th May 2010, 01:14 PM
just found it (coz i know of the road, etc)

my condolences mate... really isnt something that anyone wants to go through :(

chrissn89
8th May 2010, 05:17 PM
my condolences mate... really isnt something that anyone wants to go through :(

+1, horrible news to get Tom, i wish his family, friends yourself all the best Tom.

Yes speed isnt a killer but it sure adds to the chances of something happening. Slow down and take it easy on the roads guys. RIP

Jerram
8th May 2010, 05:37 PM
condolances mate.

[OPCSRi]
8th May 2010, 07:16 PM
Condolances tomtom. I know how you feel I have had a few of my mates over the years pass away in either a car or bike inncident and it's always in the back of my head. Yes we do silly things from time to time and in the past as young drivers but these days you just can't afford to take the risk.

Wraith
9th May 2010, 04:48 PM
Condolances from me too Tom...

I also know what it's like to loose close ones to road accidents from idiotic behaviour, it really is a pity this sort of thing should ever happen...